Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles

Great, give it right back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles:
    The Bard experiment must end soon.  He needs his 97 MPH heater back.
    Posted by joel49

I'm beginning to think that too Joel. He just doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. Every start it's the same old same old, little progress.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : actually, no, I didnt andrew just got on gameday, computer problems. busy at work. thanks tho
    Posted by J-BAY

no problem...do you do Game Day Audio?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

If it's going to be 92 mph fastball on a regular basis, & an 89 mph changeup????

The Bard experiment WILL NOT WORK!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Posted by joel49

Agree 100%. think Bard will be odd man out when dice k returns, unless Buch has a total meltdown. Anyone hear anything on Cook?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Remind me why they brought up Podsendnik
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

I warned everyone about Pods and of course, I got crushed for it....they'll learn.  The Pod-man is already making his presence felt. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Nice play YOUK!  close

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : no problem...do you do Game Day Audio?
    Posted by andrewmitch

not at work, cant get the AM radio station in the building either or I'd listen to cat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Posted by joel49

Ya think? 

Same old Bard and Dance.  Never should have happened to begin with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Agree 100%. think Bard will be odd man out when dice k returns, unless Buch has a total meltdown. Anyone hear anything on Cook?
    Posted by J-BAY

Allow me to introduce myself.  I had an ERA of 7.77 until this week when I actually was able to RAISE IT!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Avilles needs to learn that Pedey quick release.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : not at work, cant get the AM radio station in the building either or I'd listen to cat.
    Posted by J-BAY

All you need is an internet connection.  If you are blocked on your work PC, then I suggest streaming via your smart phone via AT BAT......The Cat is the best!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Ya think?  Same old Bard and Dance.  Never should have happened to begin with.
    Posted by andrewmitch

He earned and deserved a chance IMO, Andrew. if it doesnt work out, he should be satisfied he got it..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : He earned and deserved a chance IMO, Andrew. if it doesnt work out, he should be satisfied he got it..
    Posted by J-BAY

OK - but I don't think he deserved it.  He was a short reliever coming off a slump at the end of last year.  He was given the chance in the minors and failed miserably.  His 2nd chance was being converted to a reliever.  He got the chance to start only because we had no one else because (1) Theo's farm system is a mess and (2) Theo spent all of our pitching $ on Carl "The Original Butcher" Crawford......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Allow me to introduce myself.  I had an ERA of 7.77 until this week when I actually was able to RAISE IT!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch

he's got the stuff tho. just needs to work on the mental aspect of his game. gets too rattled with runners on base and unravels

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Agree 100%. think Bard will be odd man out when dice k returns, unless Buch has a total meltdown. Anyone hear anything on Cook?
    Posted by J-BAY

No, but surely it won't  be much longer for that cut to heal. Question is, will he amount to anything when he gets back in there? He's a stop gap at best IMO, I wouldn't count on him for much more. Dice K has more potentian to help, but there are the constant nagging injuries that keep us from seeing what he can do. Meanwhile, good grief, Bard is all over the place. Good thing they got the pick off.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : he's got the stuff tho. just needs to work on the mental aspect of his game. gets too rattled with runners on base and unravels
    Posted by J-BAY

J-Bay - I am not so sure.  There was a time when I thought his stuff was amazing.  But his Strike Out rate is way down this year.  That tells me that his stuff isn't there.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : OK - but I don't think he deserved it.  He was a short reliever coming off a slump at the end of last year.  He was given the chance in the minors and failed miserably.  His 2nd chance was being converted to a reliever.  He got the chance to start only because we had no one else because (1) Theo's farm system is a mess and (2) Theo spent all of our pitching $ on Carl "The Original Butcher" Crawford......
    Posted by andrewmitch

Cheers A-Mitch.  As much as I take issue with your general overstatement criticisms, this is an absolutely correct read of how we got to Bard as Starter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : he's got the stuff tho. just needs to work on the mental aspect of his game. gets too rattled with runners on base and unravels
    Posted by J-BAY

But that's the mystery. Remember in 08/09 when he was doing that and was so awful they sent him down? He got that straightened out, and was one of the best pitchers in baseball in 10. So what did he un-learn since last year? Is he still favoring his back? Afraid of re-injury? What? He just seems to have lost a lot of his confidence. That's why I think a stint in AAA would help him sort things out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : No, but surely it won't  be much longer for that cut to heal. Question is, will he amount to anything when he gets back in there? He's a stop gap at best IMO, I wouldn't count on him for much more. Dice K has more potentian to help, but there are the constant nagging injuries that keep us from seeing what he can do. Meanwhile, good grief, Bard is all over the place. Good thing they got the pick off.
    Posted by TheExaminer

My Nephew said dice k was more help on the DL! hes playing for a contract tho, which is why i think he did too much too soon to get back. Bard was given the chance out ofd necessity. was worth a try IMO if it worked out was an inexpensive starter. nothing lost nothing gained.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : I warned everyone about Pods and of course, I got crushed for it....they'll learn.  The Pod-man is already making his presence felt. 
    Posted by andrewmitch

I dont mind having him temporarily on the bench to PH and etc., but starting him today in a game that is semi critical I don't get, unless Byrd is hurt or something. We have GOT to get Ellsbury back in there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Cheers A-Mitch.  As much as I take issue with your general overstatement criticisms, this is an absolutely correct read of how we got to Bard as Starter.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Thanks.  I know I can be over the top.  It's a combination of being passionate and for having a short fuse when it comes to matching my expectations.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts