Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles

DP! Sweet, needed that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I love Aviles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles:
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : That wasn't on Royster.  Youk wasn't looking at him.  Would have been safe if he didn;t pull up on his own.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Youk was absolutely right to pull up!  He was sent after slowing down!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I love Aviles.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

2012 dirt dog

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Aviles is a BUM, he can't even field his position, and is a lousy hitter. Iglesias should be......oh sorry, softy took possesion of my mind for a moment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Bonehead plays...

The bottom of the 2nd and the top of the 3rd tell you everything you need to know about our lineup vs the O's.

The Orioles got out of two double plays with speed and aggressive running.

Ortiz and Gonzalez are a complete different story.

Ortiz could have been safe at first if he'd gotten out of the box more aggresively.

Gonzalez is so slow than ANY member of the Orioles lineup would have been safe at first.

We could have had bases loaded and nobody out, but instead we just get Pedy at third.

And Youk getting cut down by a mile at the plate was just awful. I don't know who to blame first.

With a fast runner going intelligently we have another run easily and the inning keeps going.

STUPID.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I love Aviles.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Again!  That 92 mph fastball, right down the Pike, was CRUSHED!  LUCKY Avilles was shaded toward 2nd. 

He keeps this up, his ERA will head back up toward 5.50

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Nice play by Avilles, doing good job.
    Posted by bobbysu

Well positioned!  Not a hard play!!!  Still, I love the guy!!!!  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Fenways LF is not hard to play, ONCE you learn the wall. think last year was a learning curve after center in the trop. think it may have just been an off year all the way around. he admitted he was putting too much pressure on himself. Boston and a big contract will do that. anyways, he accepted blame, apologized and think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
    Posted by J-BAY

Was the Monstah the reason why he butchered the last play of the 2011 season?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Posted by TheExaminer

NO!   Shop Vac :)   Gimme that pic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

D. Nava is just a solid professional hitter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

OK - so who's your early favorite for 10th Player Award?

Ross?  Aviles?  Sweeney?  Aceves?  Middlebrooks?  Other?

It's tough isn't it??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

D. Nava is just a solid professional hitter.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

that may be an overstatement.  if he were, he'd be a regular in the Majors

However, he is a decent ballplayer earning himself playing time and making the most of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Was the Monstah the reason why he butchered the last play of the 2011 season?
    Posted by andrewmitch

you're basing your opinion on one play?? September was a total team meltdown, Andrew. my point is, one season does not a career make. i tend to believe the back of a players baseball card. let's give him a chance, huh??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

OK - so who's your early favorite for 10th Player Award? Ross?  Aviles?  Sweeney?  Aceves?  Middlebrooks?  Other? It's tough isn't it??
    Posted by andrewmitch

Valentine

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Was the Monstah the reason why he butchered the last play of the 2011 season?
    Posted by andrewmitch

No, he butchered the last play of the year because, like Jbay said, he began to overthink everything, and lost confidence in his natural abilities. It's painfully obvious on that last play that he was afraid to dive for that ball, I thought that even as I watched it in live action that night. He lost his aggressiveness, and that's what originally made him who he was. You can criticize him for that I suppose, because having gotten to MLB he should have learned how to conquer that, but it's not always how it works.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : that may be an overstatement.  if he were, he'd be a regular in the Majors However, he is a decent ballplayer earning himself playing time and making the most of it.
    Posted by andrewmitch

ok, allow me to fill in the short hand of my inference:  D.Nava (has developed his skills to the point that he has now become) a solid professional hitter (and I expect that he will keep earning himself playing time with that skill, and thus be a regular in the majors).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : you're basing your opinion on one play?? September was a total team meltdown, Andrew. my point is, one season does not a career make. i tend to believe the back of a players baseball card. let's give him a chance, huh??
    Posted by J-BAY

Not at all.  In fact, I knew you were going to say I was basing it on ONE play.  But if I didn't give you an example, you would have said "give me a specific example"....well, maybe not you but some others would have.....There were many plays last year.  I never felt comfortable with anything in the air his way.  I recall a couple of flys landing in fair down the line in Fenway that he stopped short on.....and he never, I repeat never met a cut-off man he respected....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : ok, allow me to fill in the short hand of my inference:  D.Nava (has developed his skills to the point that he has now become) a solid professional hitter (and I expect that he will keep earning himself playing time with that skill, and thus be a regular in the majors).
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

OK but your standards are still low.  You're not one of those guys who still think that Clay starts this year do not qualify as a "valid sample size" are you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : you're basing your opinion on one play?? September was a total team meltdown, Andrew. my point is, one season does not a career make. i tend to believe the back of a players baseball card. let's give him a chance, huh??
    Posted by J-BAY

Left field at Fenway completely takes away Crawfords ONE defensive strength!

Running balls down in a big CF.

This was a setup for failure. 

It's clear he's in no rush to come back!  Look for another "injury / re-injury / over-compensation injury!"  I doubt he comes back this year!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : No, he butchered the last play of the year because, like Jbay said, he began to overthink everything, and lost confidence in his natural abilities. It's painfully obvious on that last play that he was afraid to dive for that ball, I thought that even as I watched it in live action that night. He lost his aggressiveness, and that's what originally made him who he was. You can criticize him for that I suppose, because having gotten to MLB he should have learned how to conquer that, but it's not always how it works.
    Posted by TheExaminer

entirely brought on by himself no matter how you look at it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles":
    In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Was the Monstah the reason why he butchered the last play of the 2011 season? Posted by andrewmitch
    He was playing deep and came all the why in. He of had it but it is not like he did have to cover some ground. I trust a GG winner to atleast be average defender.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Valentine
    Posted by upperco1

ok - he's been handling the pen very well but managers can't win the award

Sections
Shortcuts