Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles

Marco has got to score on that. No way the ball is going to be caught.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ACCORDING TO THE ANNOUNCERS IN BALT, THATS ELLS 33RD GAME WITH A HIT VS THE ORIOLES.. THATS THE LONGEST IN BOSTON RED SOX HISTORY AND THE MOST BY ANY OPPONENT AGAINST THE ORIOLES EVER (INCL FROM THEIR TIME IN ST. LOUIS).. THAT IS SAYIN SOMETHING!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411775. Show user_4411775's posts

Good effort by Aviles, he'll get em next time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

another blown call, another run lost
    what's with these umps lately, not even borderline, neither was ortiz' hit the other night they called foul

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwTessie. Show mwTessie's posts

It's hard to believe how many errors we've made in the month of September... heard something like 21 in 20 games.  But seriously, how many bad umpiring calls can go against us game after game.  THIS is getting ridiculous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles:
    In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : Pike, my father passed away september 18, 2004 watching a red sox game. he died wanting to see them win it all and they did a month later. the only thing that would have made it better for us would have been to share it with him. If i could change anything in my life, it would be that as he is the reason i love this team as much as he did
    Posted by J-BAY

Ouch. Glad I'm not pike, he really stepped in it with that one. But that's too bad j, wish your dad could have stuck around to see the miracle. My dad's health is not really all that great. When the Sox didn't make it last year I was rooting for the Reds to get one for him, but no luck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

How the he!! do you miss that call? Seriously?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Aviles safe easily. What bad words am I allowed to post about the umpiring this year? And it seems to me that the Red Sox are a target more than any other team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Communist Contrarian is BINGO from the old Portlandsoxfan forum. Sounds exactly like her.
    Posted by BeaconHill19
    WHO THE HECK IS BINGO? i'm a real sox fan, so is j-bay and MOST people on this and most threads.. where do u get your "facts" from? you must be a TEA PARTYER..america great and perfect all the time no matter what . any deviance or from your infantile orthodoxy and ur a moron, anti-american, non-patriotic bla bla.. y dont you go find a mama with a skirt so you can run under it to hide from any ideological or actual diversity of opinions on anything!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

So what happens? We don't start the runner this time , and sure enough , another rally killing D.P.  Still say that Marco had to score on the single to center. Why hold up when there is no chance the liner will be caught? More bad baseball , and the reason we keep on losing.   To make it even worse , the replay shows that he was safe.   Ridiculously bad umpiring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Jobbed by the umps again.  Unbelievable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411775. Show user_4411775's posts

Im concerned about Sabathia pitching tonight for the Yankees, Girardi has really used and abused him I don't know if he has enough gas in the tank to get the win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : Pike, my father passed away september 18, 2004 watching a red sox game. he died wanting to see them win it all and they did a month later. the only thing that would have made it better for us would have been to share it with him.
    Posted by J-BAY

Then wouldn't your Dad want you to recognize a troll and a bad Red sox fan and give them HELL? Would he want you to enable trolls on an Internet forum that draws the worst of people? These people are here to bug Red sox fans, what a shame that you can't recognize that. It is very obvious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : Pike, my father passed away september 18, 2004 watching a red sox game. he died wanting to see them win it all and they did a month later. the only thing that would have made it better for us would have been to share it with him. If i could change anything in my life, it would be that as he is the reason i love this team as much as he did
    Posted by J-BAY

I know what you mean. My Dad and I are very different in many ways, but the one thing we always shared was Boston teams -- going to games when I was a kid or watching games (Red Sox and Bruins) in the bedroom while the rest of the family was downstairs.

He passed away in the summer of 2001, just as this great decade of Boston sports -- 7 championships -- was about to begin. I always get a bit melancholy thinking about this and how much he/we would have enjoyed this run.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Nice play, Adrian!

Let's go bats. Get some separation here!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : Ouch. Glad I'm not pike, he really stepped in it with that one. But that's too bad j, wish your dad could have stuck around to see the miracle. My dad's health is not really all that great. When the Sox didn't make it last year I was rooting for the Reds to get one for him, but no luck.
    Posted by TheExaminer

thanks exam. he loved them win or lose, which is where i learned it from. wish the best for your dad. everyone should be able to see their team win at least once. if i never see the sox win again, i know how fortunate i am to have seen them win it all....twice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : WHO THE HECK IS BINGO? i'm a real sox fan, so is j-bay and MOST people on this and most threads.. where do u get your "facts" from? you must be a TEA PARTYER..america great and perfect all the time no matter what . any deviance or from your infantile orthodoxy and ur a moron, anti-american, non-patriotic bla bla.. y dont you go find a mama with a skirt so you can run under it to hide from any ideological or actual diversity of opinions on anything!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

CC, the only NYY fan on here is jete, and he's ok. Pike likes to say all that crap because he thinks it makes him look intelligent and perceptive. He's going to rip the mask off all of us until he alone remains as the one true Red Sox fan. That's why he stays on here. At least twice he's accused ME of being a closet NYY fan--and I couldn't possibly hate them any more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : Then wouldn't your Dad want you to recognize a troll and a bad Red sox fan and give them HELL? Would he want you to enable trolls on an Internet forum that draws the worst of people? These people are here to bug Red sox fans, what a shame that you can't recognize that. It is very obvious.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Beacon, I am saying this in all seriousness. I want you out of here in five minutes. You are like arsenic in a cold glass of apple juice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : thanks exam. he loved them win or lose, which is where i learned it from. wish the best for your dad. everyone should be able to see their team win at least once. if i never see the sox win again, i know how fortunate i am to see them win it all....twice.
    Posted by J-BAY

Dad had the Big Red Machine, and 1990 (and me too at that time). He likes the Bengals too though, and I'm not sure we can do much for him there. They lost their best chance in 05 when Okeefor did that cheap shot on Palmer. Carson was never really the same again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Starting to like these hits with no outs...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwTessie. Show mwTessie's posts

Come on, set the table for Pedey!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Im concerned about Sabathia pitching tonight for the Yankees, Girardi has really used and abused him I don't know if he has enough gas in the tank to get the win.
    Posted by Forty-Five
    of course saby is going to go 100 pitches or 5 innings.. they want their horses ready and not rusty... btw, whats up with that avatar, was obama or sarah palin not availabe in the how to tick people off on a sports forum selection?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : Beacon, I am saying this in all seriousness. I want you out of here in five minutes. You are like arsenic in a cold glass of apple juice.
    Posted by dgalehouse

I would literally hate to see what his real life looks like DG. I've rarely seen such a dried up, bitter person. My cousin comes to mind, unfortunately, and like my cousin, pike is sure about everything, and right about almost nothing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Wonder if David is getting tired? His drives all seem to be falling a bit short.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : I know what you mean. My Dad and I are very different in many ways, but the one thing we always shared was Boston teams -- going to games when I was a kid or watching games (Red Sox and Bruins) in the bedroom while the rest of the family was downstairs. He passed away in the summer of 2001, just as this great decade of Boston sports -- 7 championships -- was about to begin. I always get a bit melancholy thinking about this and how much he/we would have enjoyed this run.
    Posted by royf19

sorry for your loss roy. We were too, but it's something we shared together. i gave him ted williams book for his last fathers day, I read it before i did. he said he would read and we would talk about it, but we never did.

Sections
Shortcuts