Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles:
    In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : Beacon, I am saying this in all seriousness. I want you out of here in five minutes. You are like arsenic in a cold glass of apple juice.
    Posted by dgalehouse
    glad to see i'm not the only one he irritates (sure its gone on since grade school). this is your life or rather low life beacon.. we're on to you and we get to network... you are the pimple on the big AZZ of red sox nation!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

PD! But no RBI! AAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nice shot by Pedey. I know that he can hit anywhere in the order, but not sure of the wisdom of having him hit after the two slowest guys on the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

That's the Crawford we all thought we were getting!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Carl coming up big tonight!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Here comes carl!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

PD! But no RBI! AAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!
    Posted by TheExaminer

It's a tall order asking Agone to score from first on a double

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : glad to see i'm not the only one he irritates (sure its gone on since grade school). this is your life or rather low life beacon.. we're on to you and we get to network... you are the pimple on the big AZZ of red sox nation!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

I wouldn't give him the credit of saying he irritates me. He's both amusing and the object of pity simultaneously, and a very easy target. Meanwhile, CRAW!!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

y is this always happening to us esp when becks or buch pitches. wake, lackless and lester get all the run-support.. yep crawful! i think he will get it going esp in the playoffs, he's not in denial.. still think lackless deludes himself into thinking he's  had an all-star year.. just seeing eye hits, bleeders thats all....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Nice to see Crawford with the big hit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

and here comes Carl!!! Way to go!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Welcome to the team Carl

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Big two out hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Where is the cheer for Crawford?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is not too late for Crawford to save his season. A huge two out hit right there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Great job Reddick, God this team is awesome!! I can't wait for the WS
    Posted by Forty-Five

He hit it pretty hard 45, just an atem ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

BTW, somebody ask pike why it is we're all closet NYY fans, and none of us are closet Rays fans?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It is not too late for Crawford to save his season. A huge two out hit right there.
    Posted by dgalehouse

gale did you see gammons today said hes trying to hard. works harder than anybody. out early everyday. wants to do well for the boston fans. saw where he apologized to the fans for his poor season and vowed to do better next year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I love the scene in City Slickers when they talk about baseball and their dads at the camp fire.  Very well done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I'll say this much. You cannot put Crawford in the same category as Lackey. There is still hope that Carl can help this nine. Can't say that for big John.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : sorry for your loss roy. We were too, but it's something we shared together. i gave him ted williams book for his last fathers day, I read it before i did. he said he would read and we would talk about it, but we never did.
    Posted by J-BAY

It's funny -- whenever the a reliever comes in and get hit after replacing another reliever who went just one inning (strong), I think of my dad. He used to complain, "Why did they take him out when he was pitching well."

I always tried to explain that using relievers one inning at a time was how managers used the bullpen (since LaRussa popularized it with the A's). He never liked it. I'm always mixed about it. I understand the philosopy, but geez, it is hard to take seing a reliever come out who's pitching great after just one inning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

one move i like that tito has made thats gone under the radar is the decision to only use lowrie against lefties esp with youk out/hurt. aviles has hit .360 in boston. if at full strength, lowrie wouldnt play at all. can see lowrie heading out during the off-season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

IMO I believe Lackey will bounce back next year but I think Carl is too much of a mess to rebound in Boston - maybe somewhere's else but not here

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

All is forgiven CC...for today!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I love the scene in City Slickers when they talk about baseball and their dads at the camp fire.  Very well done.
    Posted by andrewmitch

didnt see it andrew, but i've always felt it was more than just baseball, it was the bond and family that made it special. every summer he took us to yankee stadium and fenway.

Sections
Shortcuts