Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles

It's  so bad that Jerry Remy is speechless.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

how do Don and Jerry not go crazy..............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles:
    [QUOTE]Did you notice that the Rays can only beat Boston.  Baltimore took care of them last week, and the Yanks are taking care of them this week.  Tampa Bay can't win it because they have no more games against Boston.  Seriously, this team is brutal.  Brutal for a long time.  Even 2-10 wasn't as bad as this.  Brutal.
    Posted by Gready[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It was nowhere NEAR as bad as this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

[QUOTE]how do you lose 3 out of 4..............to a team that has loss 90 games
    Posted by gymrat05[/QUOTE]

And at home.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

At least the Yanks will let the Sox wind up with the WC - however they have to take at least one game from the Yanks over the weekend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Down two runs, in the bottom of the eighth, and you swing at the first pitch? Brilliant!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

THE ONLY WAY WE CAN MAKE THESE S*R'S FEEL ANYTHING IS TO STOP WATCHING GAMES, STOP BUYING STUFF. MONEY TALKS AND THEY NEED TO FEEL THE PAIN OF THAT TO PLAY DECENT BALL. THEY ARE PAID TOO MUCH TO PLAY LIKE THIS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Pack it in like Examiner has. The only problem is that he gave up in April.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just another loss. Oh well the Angels deserve to be in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This is disappointing, worse than last night, and that was as bad as it's been all year. I really did think we'd win this one tonight. This collapse might actually be worse than the Mets of 07, sad to say. No team I've ever rooted for has collapsed in this manner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Once the Sox get behind, they go down like sheep. Looks like they are nowhere near as good as all the pudits/experts said they were.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If they keep using Aceves like they are - they will wear him out eventually too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Only Ortiz was able to get the ball out of the infield. Still time for poise and character to overcome mental no confidence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]I can blame Tito for not putting slow Vladdy on 1st to set up more likely double play chance.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

my bad...I was actually thinking the same thing.  why not put the runner on? a hit scores two runs anyways, and a home run gives up 3...so why not set up the double play.

But yeah it's been everything for this team lately. 

If it's not a bad call by Tito it's the pitching, if it's not the pitching it's the hitting, if it's not the hitting it's the fielding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Pack it in like Examiner has. The only problem is that he gave up in April.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

LOL...nice pike. That explains why I've been on here all summer with 3000+ posts. Nice but clumsy try. You'll do better later, I'm sure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]At least the Yanks will let the Sox wind up with the WC - however they have to take at least one game from the Yanks over the weekend.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]
    Yankees will not let us win the wild card. They will surely sweep us away this weekend. If we can't beat this sorry team , how can we hope to go into N.Y. and play well?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411775. Show user_4411775's posts

[QUOTE]At least the Yanks will let the Sox wind up with the WC - however they have to take at least one game from the Yanks over the weekend.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

The Angels might win the WC, the Sox need to win ballgames and they are not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : Yankees will not let us win the wild card. They will surely sweep us away this weekend. If we can't beat this sorry team , how can we hope to go into N.Y. and play well?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm afraid of. The Sox have put themselves in a position where NYY can keep us out of the PS. Think they won't go all out to do it? Good thing is we won't see Sabathia, but other than Lester, we don't show much either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : There are some here who might come down hard on you for just saying that! (The Yankees, though, said, You're welcome" : p) 
    Posted by legion12941[/QUOTE]

I have the troll on ignore legion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : my bad...I was actually thinking the same thing.  why not put the runner on? a hit scores two runs anyways, and a home run gives up 3...so why not set up the double play. But yeah it's been everything for this team lately.  If it's not a bad call by Tito it's the pitching, if it's not the pitching it's the hitting, if it's not the hitting it's the fielding.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Yep and if it's not any of those - it's the other team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

THIS TEAM'S SUCKITUDE IS REACHING EPIC PROPORTIONS! WHO WANTED ACEVES TO START AGAIN? 1-2-3 WE WILL GO IN NINTH, THIS TEAM HAS NO FIGHT, NO DIRT DOGS.. THE ULTIMATE FRONTRUNNERS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : my bad...I was actually thinking the same thing.  why not put the runner on? a hit scores two runs anyways, and a home run gives up 3...so why not set up the double play. But yeah it's been everything for this team lately.  If it's not a bad call by Tito it's the pitching, if it's not the pitching it's the hitting, if it's not the hitting it's the fielding.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

It's really been the pitching though. Hasn't it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

We do not deserve to be in the playoffs at all. Plus its in the 8th inning we never come back in games we are behind. This is incredulous and I have seen a lot of Red Sox teams dating back to 1977. At least in 1978 they won 10 in a row at the end to force a playoff with the Yankees. This team looks completely dead.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

But on the other hand, IF--IF that is NYY hang on tonight and win tommorow, the Sox will go into the weekend with a 3 game lead in the WC. If NYY sweep us, and the Rays sweep the Jays (worst possible scenario) it would be up to us to outplay the Rays in the last three games. But those IF's on the TB series in NY are still up in the air.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

this is hard to watch, these guys cant hold a lead for crap

Sections
Shortcuts