Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles

In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles:
    [QUOTE]In a shocking surprise , we fail to score in the 1st. I tell you , this Tommy Hunter has great stuff. Have to tip your cap to him. He may be better than the late            " Catfish " Hunter. Looks like we are in for a tough night. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Hunter was good with Texas, Gale.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's see if Josh can inflate his pitch count and have a short outing. That is our S.O.P.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Pedey in the 5 spot.... interesting!!!
    Posted by mwTessie[/QUOTE]

pre-game....aviles has been hitting so well, decided to but him in the two spot and put pedroia 5th to protect ortiz and gonzalez. PD can hit anywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : Hi Jete....didnt exactly root for the yanks today, just wasnt  upset when they won;) rain expected here tonight also. one and off the next few days. congrats on the division. with two of our starters and drew lost for most of the season, don't mind the WC.  not exactly backing in after 162 games. evening everyone.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] evening J, strange 1st game...Girardi was throwing me off with that bullpen caravan...seemed like every Rays batter got their own pitcher...Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Cashman signed Hughes, Hughes had an MRI today and there is inflamation of the spine, Bucholz had a similar problem. Fire Theo. It is obviously Theo's fault that Bucholz is injured. Same with Dice-K. Theo's fault. Same with Jenks. I love to scapegoat.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can use that as your screen name is your next incarnation. How about   " Scapegoat Phil?"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

I actually rooted for the Yankees today which is unlike DGalehouse and Andrewmitch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : Maybe you can use that as your screen name is your next incarnation. How about   " Scapegoat Phil?"
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

why even humor the kid?

actually, that was kind funny

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Cashman signed Hughes, Hughes had an MRI today and there is inflamation of the spine, Bucholz had a similar problem. Fire Theo. It is obviously Theo's fault that Bucholz is injured. Same with Dice-K. Theo's fault. Same with Jenks. I love to scapegoat.

Wanted more pike pictures for your shrine huh? Ok, I'll humor you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Here we go, down 1-0, with our Ace Beckett on the mound. Just more of the same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Get the hook out for Beckett. He stinks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In another stunning development, Sox trail early.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Really? Are we gonna start this again tonight? Incredible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

ah, so that's pike

that sounds about right

just another piece of work on ignore

thank God for no limit on how many aliasies i can block

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

But, so far this year when Beckett gives up an early HR, he always wins. More of the same hopefully--although--this would require the Sox actually scoring. Just thought I'd mention that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

another curve woulda been nice but that 's how she goes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Could it be redemption night for Reddick?

OK that's nothing but a stab in the dark but I need something to cling to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I actually rooted for the Yankees today which is unlike DGalehouse and Andrewmitch.

pike just because you may not agree with them, doesnt mean theyre any less of a fan than you are.  you dont like whats here, no need to stay.  how about contributing to the game thread instead of policing it??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I took Mark Reynolds out of my fantasy lineup this week for the first time all season and have since lost my lead in homeruns.

Ouch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

All is lost, even the Red Sox faithful on the gamethread agree. Pull the plug and shut out the lights. If the faithful on the gamethread say that it is all over and the season is a failure then it must be true. Even J-Bay agrees.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Varitek can't hit a lick and can't even throw out a slug like Beacon Hill , but he is Beckett's personal catcher.  Odd , since Josh shakes Tek off repeatedly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]Get the hook out for Beckett. He stinks.
    No leave him in, doesn't matter who is on the mound for us. Let him go his 100 pitches.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwTessie. Show mwTessie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : pre-game....aviles has been hitting so well, decided to but him in the two spot and put pedroia 5th to protect ortiz and gonzalez. PD can hit anywhere.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Hope Aviles stays hot.  I agree, Pedey can hit anywhere.  Hopefully a big night for everyone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Has anyone noticed that the fans at Fenway are starting to arrive later and later, with empty seats, as well. And we are talking about season ticket holders, not folks like us who spend all day on an online forum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday game thread. Sox vs Orioles : pike just because you may not agree with them, doesnt mean theyre any less of a fan than you are.  you dont like whats here, no need to stay.  how about contributing to the game thread instead of policing it??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

J , we are more of a fan than he will ever be. Of course we were pulling for the Yankees today , and will be tonight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Pike is a pathetic playground bully.