Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays

Does anyone here think Girardi wouldn't have brought in Rivera in that situation? That's what I thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    Does anyone here think Girardi wouldn't have brought in Rivera in that situation? That's what I thought.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Pap did not even pitch yesterday. Unless there is something wrong that we don't know about , this was a major , major blunder.  But criticize , and some people get very upset.  I don't get that at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

The so called " real fans " are upset when the so called " naysayers " get angry over a fiasco of a game like this.  But  seriously , how can you call yourself a " real fan " and still just take a game like this in stride?  It is just part of baseball?  Yeah , right. But , it's not part of winning baseball.  Being a loyal fan should not mean being understanding about a disaster like this game turned out to be.  Who are the real     " real fans " anyway?
    Posted by dgalehouse

If your daughter fails to become valedictorian in her high school class and comes in second place, do you relegate her to scorn and ridicule and tell her to sleep in the backyard shed?  Why go out onto the street and shout to the neighbors that your daughter is a complete failure since she wasn't number one?

Why come to the forum and express disappointment that 20 mil. other RSN fans are experiencing? Why preach to the choir? Is it a release for you to express what 20 mil. RSN fans are doing but being silent about. Do you really think that you are unique in your disappointment tonight? I will never understand why some here need to be so public and adamant with with their disappointment. Years ago we would just shut off the radio and take it like a man and try to act like an adult. Why flaunt your disappointment?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Mark reynolds, the hero of the yanks game today,after whiffing 4 times:

"I just went up there and tried to get a pitch over the plate that I could handle and stay on top of it, because the ball wasn't really traveling today to hit a home run." hilarious.

'night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : no positives exam, just scored 8 runs, 2 HR bard had a rare bad game. don't need it. enjoy the rest of the season and consider yourself fortunate youre a fan of a team going to the post season.
    Posted by J-BAY

No doubt, but it all comes down to W/L. Monday we had almost perfect pitching, but lost 1-0. That's not really a positive when you lose the game, at least not this time of year when NYY are in 1st. I posted it a minute ago, and I'll say it again. The only way this team will win it all is if they pull an 06 Cardinals and get hot. Winning it purely on the merit of being the best team like they did in 07 aint gonna happen. The trouble with that is, it's a lot tougher to pull off, it can be done, but it's much harder. But either way, I don't want to see you leave the forum just because we don't agree on this point. I want the team to win as much as you, I'm just not as sold on them as you are just yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : guess you missed girardi todays yankee game exam...take care.
    Posted by J-BAY

Yes, I did miss it as a matter of fact. I know they lost, but don't know the details.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackripper. Show jackripper's posts

francoma should be fired tonite

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chez2. Show Chez2's posts

Todays Yankee game was entirely different they were in a tie game in extra innings, you don't bring your closer in a tie game at home.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : guess you missed todays yankee loss in extras today exam...take care.
    Posted by J-BAY

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Completely different game situation, J-Bay. And if you can consider a game a must-win at this point, you want to nail down a win when the team you're chasing has already lost. Girardi manages to the situation and without a doubt, Rivera would have been in there. Should have been a four out save for Paps and chances are you go home with the W.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I have to say that the so called " loyal fans " are , in fact , just acting like elitists who cannot understand why so many of us are so disgusted by tonight's loss.  It is human nature to vent about a discouraging turn of events like we just witnessed. Stale expressions like " good pitching stops good hitting " does not explain tonight's game. Good night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : not sure what being sold on them has to do with being a fan of them, exam. guess thats the difference, win or lose. don't need this anymore. not enjoyable.
    Posted by J-BAY

Being a fan is why I'm upset with them. If I was the half wit pike says I am, I'd be on here cracking jokes about it. When I say I'm not sold on them, what I mean is I'm not convinced they have what they need to win the World Series the way we're all hoping they do. I'm very logical and realisitic, and people at times perceive that as cold. Clearly we're both fans, and clearly I want the team to win. Hence, I'm upset because tonight they should have won. And having dropped this game in this manner, that logically leads me into a line of thought that ends in a playoff loss because that's where the data leads me. There are a few too many of these kind of anomales lately to ignore the fact that something is wrong. I'm not factoring in the chance of a miraculous revival, because miracles are miracles because they aren't natural. They happen, but they're not normal and shouldn't be expected as a rule in the sports realm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : exam, it's up to everyone how they chose to root for a team and post. i wish you all the best. Go Sox!
    Posted by J-BAY

Always!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

With 21  more starts, I think Wakes will get 200, but we'll be stuck as the WC....depending on a Lester-Lackey, 1-2 or 1-punch?  Miller will get more starts and so will Wakes, and most likely Weiland and maybe even Aceves...but not a nice eve. for the pretty good bull pen to go south, not at all, especially when the bats were on for the 2nd night.  what is going on hee-ya???? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Did anyone hear the postgame interview? Was curious if why no Paps came up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Good point Lloyd...I'll try to find out.  I think Tito was overwhelmed when the pen failed with all the walks and triple?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Did anyone hear the postgame interview? Was curious if why no Paps came up.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Francona on not going to Pap in 8th: "(Bard) had handled Bautista so well . I actually think it was right thing to do.''

Bard vs. Bautista before tonite: 0 for 6, 3 K's. 
    Pap vs Bautista: 1 for 8, a HR, no K's

Of course I believe this thinking was a stretch given how poorly Bard was pitching.  In this case, you can't really rely on the numbers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Todays Yankee game was entirely different they were in a tie game in extra innings, you don't bring your closer in a tie game at home.
    Posted by Chez2

What are you talking about ? that is when you bring your closer in, at home in a tie game or with the lead.  The only reason Mo did not go was because he had gone the night before at 2:26 in the morning.  Thats the only reason Girardi shortened the bullpen from Sori, Robertson then to Noesi.  Usually, your closer is your best pitcher (relief), the thinking is you don't want to give up an inning with him on the pine.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : Francona on not going to Pap in 8th: "(Bard) had handled Bautista so well . I actually think it was right thing to do.'' Bard vs. Bautista before tonite: 0 for 6, 3 K's.  Pap vs Bautista: 1 for 8, a HR, no K's Of course I believe this thinking was a stretch given how poorly Bard was pitching.  In this case, you can't really rely on the numbers.
    Posted by chuchos

Exactly. Had it been Bard as normal, I'd agree, leave him in. But his fastball was around 96, his slider was all over the place, and he had zero control.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chez2. Show Chez2's posts

The Yankees just lost anyone who is giving up or thinks this thing is over this early needs to get a grip on reality. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

The Yankees just lost anyone who is giving up or thinks this thing is over this early needs to get a grip on reality. 
    Posted by Chez2
    every team no matter how good is gonna take a knock or two in Sept..Yanks taking 2 straight extra innings losses to the Left Coast...three weeks to go...how could someone actually ask if there's hope?..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chez2. Show Chez2's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : every team no matter how good is gonna take a knock or two in Sept..Yanks taking 2 straight extra innings losses to the Left Coast...three weeks to go...how could someone actually ask if there's hope?..
    Posted by jete02fan

I agree. I think fans just get so caught up in the day to day goings on of the race that they don't think rationally, on both sides.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : Exactly. Had it been Bard as normal, I'd agree, leave him in. But his fastball was around 96, his slider was all over the place, and he had zero control.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Actually, Bard started off the inning that way and put three guys on with no outs.  But then he struck out two in a row with ease and threw two straight strikes against the next guy.  But then he stopped being aggressive the Toronto hitter fouled some off, and that's what led to the crucial walk making the score 8-7.  At that point bringing in Papelbon made sense.  But leaving Bard in was not unreasonable.  He had struck out two and almost got the third one.  Plus his history with Bautista.  Plus this year Youk has rarely been asked to get 4 or 5 outs. 

Sections
Shortcuts