Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox

Still a long time to go in the game.  I don't want to give up yet...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

That may have been the longest HR I've seen since Jerry Casale, who, I believe, did reach the Mass Pike.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Well, our offense looks impudent tonight, so why not let the Tigers T-off? Heck, a loss is a loss ... one run or twenty.   Bye bye, Cook ... nice knowing you.  Enjoy spot roles in the bullpen.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]
    "Impudent"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Wow!  That was our speed+ combo they turned the DP on!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Can Carl Crawford hit one out of the infield for Bonzo's sake! Come on Carl.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Crawford really helped out his mate there....still playing the fool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Carl Crawford's OBP is officially now worse than it was last year

2011 @ 2-8-9

2012 @ 2-8-8

I warned you it would get worse, much much worse....hold on tight fellas......and those of you who still believe he will return to career norms, start digging yourself a hole to bury your heads in..........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]This one's over folks. We don't come back so well.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    It's always over with you , exam.  Keep it coming.  Sometimes it works.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Crawford will be an albatross for years. I don't see what we can do about it. For starters , I would D.L. him , and get the T.J. surgery as soon as possible. The guy is hurting this team.  There is no reason for him to be in there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Carl Crawford

In 3 Plate Appearances

Has seen a whopping SIX pitches tonight

PATHETIC

if he's your #2 hitter who got no chance - NONE!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]You guys want to DFA all of our pitchers Who do you want us to get to pitch?  Darnell MacDonald?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Cook is the most useless, along with DiceK. We are stuck with Beckett, Lester, and Lacking for two more years after this year. How can the franchise expect to win anything with three marginal #5 SP in the rotation? Just wait 'till 2015 though....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

MY GOD!  This guy is just flat out pathetic!

Carl Crawford*134591101142102.244.306.3566

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Cook starts out well, so might be useful in the pen when you need a dp; when he's getting it up in the 4th, you should have a guy ready, no way you get all the way to back to back homers, he shoulda been relieved before getting to that point.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]
    If you need to have the pen ready in the 4th , then the guy should not be on the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford will be an albatross for years. I don't see what we can do about it. For starters , I would D.L. him , and get the T.J. surgery as soon as possible. The guy is hurting this team.  There is no reason for him to be in there.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Great, but who's gonna take his place? Kalish? That's turned into a joke. No way he's ready.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford will be an albatross for years. I don't see what we can do about it. For starters , I would D.L. him , and get the T.J. surgery as soon as possible. The guy is hurting this team.  There is no reason for him to be in there.

there hasn't been any reason for him to be in there for over a year now

we aren't the only team who wants to dump a bad contract

get together and make a swap

Cliff Lee - plus cash and a choice of 1 of any several prospects to chose from- get 'er done!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : If you need to have the pen ready in the 4th , then the guy should not be on the team.

Meant to say he might be useful in the pen when you need a dp (since he gets the ground ball early in games as a starter)--you have to believe his starting days are officially over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I know Cook is a sinkerball guy but he has no strikeout pitch and good hitters foul of balls to get another shot at him like Cabrera did. At least Derrek Lowe could strike a hitter out. Cook cannot do that at all. Young Ben should have dumped him off to Atlanta or somebody in the National League. Bad move on his part.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : Great, but who's gonna take his place? Kalish? That's turned into a joke. No way he's ready.

Kalish would be better by far - plus he COULD improve, CC can NOT

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I know Cook is a sinkerball guy but he has no strikeout pitch and good hitters foul of balls to get another shot at him like Cabrera did. At least Derrek Lowe could strike a hitter out. Cook cannot do that at all. Young Ben should have dumped him off to Atlanta or somebody in the National League. Bad move on his part.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

well sure, no comparison to Lowe who can gun it up to the mid 90's and had other pitches to go along w/ it

the only thing w/ Lowe was he used to get wild......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : Great, but who's gonna take his place? Kalish? That's turned into a joke. No way he's ready.
    Kalish is in there now. Nava is hurt. We gave Pods away. Still have Linares at AAA.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Wow! Sox fielders flashing some glove tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : there hasn't been any reason for him to be in there for over a year now we aren't the only team who wants to dump a bad contract get together and make a swap Cliff Lee - plus cash and a choice of 1 of any several prospects to chose from- get 'er done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliff Lee is having an off year and his ERA is still 3.73, much better than nearly all of our SP. His ERA with Philly is 2.96. I agree: lets get Lee and get rid of Crawford, if the Philly GM is stupid enough to take him. But no prospects: save them for when we are a relevant franchise again in 2015.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : there hasn't been any reason for him to be in there for over a year now we aren't the only team who wants to dump a bad contract get together and make a swap Cliff Lee - plus cash and a choice of 1 of any several prospects to chose from- get 'er done!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...at least Lee is a head case or a cancer in the dugout.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

There are bad contracts , and then there is Crawford's contract. There are no others that are comparable. Lee's is not nearly as bad. I don't know how they can find a way to unload this guy.