Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox

Big Delay on the Forum anyone else see that as well?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : there hasn't been any reason for him to be in there for over a year now we aren't the only team who wants to dump a bad contract get together and make a swap Cliff Lee - plus cash and a choice of 1 of any several prospects to chose from- get 'er done!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Meant to say isn't a head case or a cancer in the clubhouse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

But it will also take cash and a prospect to get it done

it would still be well worth it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]Big Delay on the Forum anyone else see that as well?
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Terrible delay...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : Kalish is in there now. Nava is hurt. We gave Pods away. Still have Linares at AAA.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Kalish is going to be fine. He is our future RF, perhaps even our future CF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

the only reason CC's OBP is even 2-8-8 is b/c he was hit by 2 pitches.....given that pace can't continue, it stands his OBP will drop even further........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Good start for our new left-hander out of the pen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

There was a nice play by Kalish. I'll give him this, he looks a little more confident in the field than he did when he was up before.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : There are bad contracts , and then there is Crawford's contract. There are no others that are comparable. Lee's is not nearly as bad. I don't know how they can find a way to unload this guy.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Yes but the Phillies still want some salary relief plus they need to replace some guys (Pence, Vic, possibly Rollins)

So.....CC, Cash, and Iglessias for Lee.........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]There was a nice play by Kalish. I'll give him this, he looks a little more confident in the field than he did when he was up before.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

he always looks confident in the field - much more than Mushmouth...it's his bat that concerns me

I see him more of a LF by the way....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

we need a three run homer, get back in the game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

6-1? i went to market for 30 min...hmm...i guess detroits big boys went yard..thats ok i will take 2/3 against the tigers and yanks..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]MY GOD!  This guy is just flat out pathetic! Carl Crawford * 13 45 9 11 0 1 1 4 2 10 2 .244 .306 .356 6
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

180M team and this fool hits # 2!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : 180M team and this fool hits # 2!
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE]

hey, I know....it's another one of those HUGE RED FLAGS that the entire organization is a complete and total mess

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Carl Crawford In 3 Plate Appearances Has seen a whopping SIX pitches tonight PATHETIC if he's your #2 hitter who got no chance - NONE!!!!!!

He had one game v the NYY where he swung at the first pitch 4 times in a row.  Maybe the manager should speak with him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]But it will also take cash and a prospect to get it done it would still be well worth it

I think we can handle Crawford's bad contract. First, get rid of the contracts of Lackey and Beckett and get some decent SP. Our offense will be fine, even with Crawford, but we cannot win with Lackey, Beckett, and Lester in there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]6-1? i went to market for 30 min...hmm...i guess detroits big boys went yard..thats ok i will take 2/3 against the tigers and yanks..
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

if you want to count last night as a win - I count it as a gift.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : Yes but the Phillies still want some salary relief plus they need to replace some guys (Pence, Vic, possibly Rollins) So.....CC, Cash, and Iglessias for Lee.........

I might do that, but only if I was fully convinced that Lee's mediocrity this year is due to his bad team, and not that he's on the downhill side of his career. It could be either mitch. Make me a believer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

we need a grand slam home run, get back in the game

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : he always looks confident in the field - much more than Mushmouth...it's his bat that concerns me I see him more of a LF by the way....

Didn't look confident last month, looke like a lost soul out there when he was in center filling in for Ellsbury. Could be he's more comfortable in the corner positions.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Salty will K here. I saw this game yesterday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Night Game Thread: Tigers at Red Sox : I might do that, but only if I was fully convinced that Lee's mediocrity this year is due to his bad team, and not that he's on the downhill side of his career. It could be either mitch. Make me a believer.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

He's a crafty lefty w/ great control who knows how to pitch and isn't a trouble maker.....Also, his WHIP is still great which is a very good sign and he's still striking out a lot of guys - he's been burned by the long ball this year...No matter how you slice it, he will add more value than CC can - even if Lee goes like 12-8 w/ a 4 and 190 IP.......he'll add more than CC...and the upside is enormous when you compare Lee over CC........

25. This post has been removed.