Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

Just goes to show, wait til the inning/game/season is over before you call Tito stupid. LOL He does a few things that annoy me, but I've had very few instances where I really felt inclined to complain. I think we have one of the best managers in baseball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

One thing that would have made that HR even MORE exiting was if it had hit off the top of the wall and rattled around in the triangle. Inside the park! That place would have come down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ok even if there was a lefty on the mound, reddick is hitting way better off lefties than dmac. and do you actually think tito pinch hit dmac so the indians would take  out sipp? using tito and brilliant in the same sentence is something that should never been done. Dmac adds nothing to this team, he cant hit and he is average at best in the field. Maybe we can send dmac to florida too. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Great game !!!!!!!!!!! Ells keeps killing them ....Timmy pitched well Dustin getting better by the day BUT  ONE QUESTION???????????

Should Clay be jumping railings and playing push and shove in the middle of a dog pile?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Great game !!!!!!!!!!! Ells keeps killing them ....Timmy pitched well Dustin getting better by the day BUT  ONE QUESTION??????????? Should Clay be jumping railings and playing push and shove in the middle of a dog pile?????
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]
    Good God Shammgod, I thought the same thing!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]wow, just wow. Why on earth is the coma pinch hitting reddick for dmac? How stupid is he? Reddick is 2-2 and is batting .365 with a righty on the mound. dmac is hitting a whopping .160. Anyone who defends francona now officially has no leg ot stand on. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. His fans will say, what are you complaining about, we won didn't we???  This qualifies as a "WIN IN SPITE OF FRANCONA".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]ok even if there was a lefty on the mound, reddick is hitting way better off lefties than dmac. and do you actually think tito pinch hit dmac so the indians would take  out sipp? using tito and brilliant in the same sentence is something that should never been done. Dmac adds nothing to this team, he cant hit and he is average at best in the field. Maybe we can send dmac to florida too. lol

You see it your way, I see it mine and never the twain shall meet. It'd be better just to say you screwed up than keep it going.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

and ya i though he left wake in too long but there is no poin in complaining about because leaving pitchers in too long is titos thing and thats not going to change. he does it with both starters and relievers. and again i was writing that before ells hit the walk off. so i did not know about until after i posted that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Again, more reasons to wait and actually see how a decision pans out before ranting about it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]ok even if there was a lefty on the mound, reddick is hitting way better off lefties than dmac. and do you actually think tito pinch hit dmac so the indians would take  out sipp? using tito and brilliant in the same sentence is something that should never been done. Dmac adds nothing to this team, he cant hit and he is average at best in the field. Maybe we can send dmac to florida too. lol

es I do think that Tito knew they would try to match up righty righty.  Because if Acta did not make the move and DMAC hit one into the Monster seats, he'd be answering questions about why he didn't play the percentages.  he got outmanaged pure and simple.  The home team dictates the moves because the away team needs to keep the leadoff hitter off the bases. Acta could not anticipate a bomb by Ellsbury.  But that's what happened.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : I couldn't agree with you more. His fans will say, what are you complaining about, we won didn't we???  This qualifies as a "WIN IN SPITE OF FRANCONA".
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

If what you say is true, why would Acta remove the lefty?  DMAC is hitting .160.  He should have left the lefty in.  Why didn't he?  Because it was extra innings and DMAC could have run into one.  Tito obviously has more faith in the guys on the roster than you guys do.  You guys are freaking lost.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Why waste time on fools?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

responsible for the winnner on  back to back nights....Ells is red hot..nice win for you guys..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]responsible for the winnner on  back to back nights....Ells is red hot..nice win for you guys..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Jete!! Bet you're stunned that some are complaining nonetheless.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]and ya i though he left wake in too long but there is no poin in complaining about because leaving pitchers in too long is titos thing and thats not going to change. he does it with both starters and relievers. and again i was writing that before ells hit the walk off. so i did not know about until after i posted that.

Some of us have trouble seeing the genius in Francona. jimdavis, hfxsoxnut etc. They truly bekieve that Francona is smart enough to out manage someone. Francona knew that Els was going to hit the HR. He replaced a 340 hitter who had 2 hits already, for a 160 hitter so that Acta would change pitchers. LMAO. The next batter was a right hander, so who had the better chance of getting on base, D Mac or Reddick?? I'll say it again, another "WIN IN SPITE OF FRANCONA"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Yeah and Tito made the exact right call.  You want the lefty out of the game.  Why can't you get that/
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Jim,

Very much respect you as a Sox / baseball fan & analyst, but I must beg to differ.  You ONLY want a RH batter........... WHO CAN HIT!!!!

D'Mac has proven, game in & game out that he simply can't hit!  RH pitching or LH pitching. 

I have to admit, I was thinking the same thing as the other poster.  Perhaps not in such critical terms with respect to Tito, but I was shocked he was in to replace Reddick.  WE WON!!!  All is forgotten!!!!   :)   BUT!!!  That move could very well have cost us.

p.s.  What did D'Mac do???   :)   :)

NO OFFENSE intended!!!  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What'd really pump this team up to the max is having Eric Bedard come out and pitch a great game tomorrow night. Plus, is it not time for us to beat Justin Masterson? We have not beaten him yet, it's time. Take 3 of 4 from a tough Indians team, and get jacked for NY.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Some of us have trouble seeing the genius in Francona. jimdavis, hfxsoxnut etc. They truly bekieve that Francona is smart enough to out manage someone. Francona knew that Els was going to hit the HR. He replaced a 340 hitter who had 2 hits already, for a 160 hitter so that Acta would change pitchers. LMAO. The next batter was a right hander, so who had the better chance of getting on base, D Mac or Reddick?? I'll say it again, another "WIN IN SPITE OF FRANCONA"
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]
    OK, '41, I'll be honest: The move made no sense to me, either. I know it was the lefty-lefty thing, but Reddick hits lefties better than McDonald. Though I will say McDonald has been hitting the ball better lately (.267 in July).

Still ... we just won a huge game in dramatic fashion, and you show up to complain? You and I have gotten along despite our differences, but I just don't get this about you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Thanks Jete!! Bet you're stunned that some are complaining nonetheless.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE] you would think i shouldn't be, since i've been here long enough to know how this movie ends..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

the only decision tito made was to pinch hit dmac for reddick. thats it. he had no idea if manny acta was going to take sipp out or leave him in. he had no idea that acta would call upon joe smith(who has been better than sipp this year and has perhaps been clevelands best reliever this year with an era just over 1.00) so really tito pinch hitting dmac lead to manny acta putting in a better reliever. it was ultimately manny acta's decisions that lead to the sox winning the game, NOT FRANCONA. The only descision francona made hurt the teams chances of winning. Dmac like usual did not get a hit. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]the only decision tito made was to pinch hit dmac for reddick. thats it. he had no idea if manny acta was going to take sipp out or leave him in. he had no idea that acta would call upon joe smith(who has been better than sipp this year and has perhaps been clevelands best reliever this year with an era just over 1.00) so really tito pinch hitting dmac lead to manny acta putting in a better reliever. it was ultimately manny acta's decisions that lead to the sox winning the game, NOT FRANCONA. The only descision francona made hurt the teams chances of winning. Dmac like usual did not get a hit. 

Unlikely that it wasn't part of the idea.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : you would think i shouldn't be, since i've been here long enough ti know how this movie ends..
    True that. By the way, did you catch my "Piggies" comment on the "Yankees won't go away" thread? I was pretty proud of it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]the only decision tito made was to pinch hit dmac for reddick. thats it. he had no idea if manny acta was going to take sipp out or leave him in. he had no idea that acta would call upon joe smith(who has been better than sipp this year and has perhaps been clevelands best reliever this year with an era just over 1.00) so really tito pinch hitting dmac lead to manny acta putting in a better reliever. it was ultimately manny acta's decisions that lead to the sox winning the game, NOT FRANCONA. The only descision francona made hurt the teams chances of winning. Dmac like usual did not get a hit. 

And this post is exhibit A for why all you armchair managers have no idea what the hell you are talking about.  To say they had no idea what Acta would do is as clueless as it gets.  If you don't think the Sox have stats on what type of moves Acta makes in a given situation late in games, you know less about baseball than I already thought you did.  Baseball is a game of stats and manager's tendencies is another.  Are you just spouting off at the mouth or do you actually follow the game closely.  Of course Acta could change up and nothing is foolproof but the chances were he would go righty righty and use one more pitcher.  That DMAC grounded out is fine.  You are trying to win the game without going all night.  Creating matchup decisions was the right move which gave the Sox favorable ones in key at bats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In everyone's zest to kill Tito, you expose yourselves as ignorant to what goes on in the sport.  Does anyone else remember Papelbon's pickoff in the 2007 World Series?  They usually let runners go in that instance but had a scouting report on the player in that situation that told them there was a CHANCE to pick him off.  The same scouting exists regarding managers.  Please wake up!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : you would think i shouldn't be, since i've been here long enough ti know how this movie ends..

Jete, I'm telling you it is crazy!