Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : And this post is exhibit A for why all you armchair managers have no idea what the hell you are talking about.  To say they had no idea what Acta would do is as clueless as it gets.  If you don't think the Sox have stats on what type of moves Acta makes in a given situation late in games, you know less about baseball than I already thought you did.  Baseball is a game of stats and manager's tendencies is another.  Are you just spouting off at the mouth or do you actually follow the game closely.  Of course Acta could change up and nothing is foolproof but the chances were he would go righty righty and use one more pitcher.  That DMAC grounded out is fine.  You are trying to win the game without going all night.  Creating matchup decisions was the right move which gave the Sox favorable ones in key at bats.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with you Jim on why Tito PH for Red, although at the time I didnt see that..I thought CC should have been PH for since he is horrible against LHP...For anyone here to think that Tito doesnt take into consideration what his moves could cause the other manager to possibly do, might want to rethink their position..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Jete, I'm telling you it is crazy!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]Morning JD, i hear you, but i guess it something some feel they need to do...i get that some to most fans want things to go perfect, but we should know by now that baseball just won't allow for it, to alot of us that's the beauty of this game...i absolutely get upset when the Yanks stink the joint out on some nights and as putrid as AJ Pinhead was last night, i won't lose sight of the big picture...the W...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Morning JD, i hear you, but i guess it something some feel they need to do...i get that some to most fans want things to go perfect, but we should know by now that baseball just won't allow for it, to alot of us that's the beauty of this game...i absolutely get upset when the Yanks stink the joint out on some nights and as putrid as AJ Pinhead was last night, i won't lose sight of the big picture...the W...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  I get frustrated too and I'm sure there will be more of it this weekend.  I think I might need to find a good Red Sox bar in Manhattan for the Saturday game! Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

I have to agree with you regarding teams keeping books on tendencies. I've been saying that every time I post......."THE FRANCONA FACTOR".
    It would be difficult to convince me that Francona is smart enough to use that kind of information to the team's advantage, or should I be clearer, he's not smart enough to use that information to the Sox advantage. See below.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Some of us have trouble seeing the genius in Francona. jimdavis, hfxsoxnut etc. They truly bekieve that Francona is smart enough to out manage someone. Francona knew that Els was going to hit the HR. He replaced a 340 hitter who had 2 hits already, for a 160 hitter so that Acta would change pitchers. LMAO. The next batter was a right hander, so who had the better chance of getting on base, D Mac or Reddick?? I'll say it again, another "WIN IN SPITE OF FRANCONA"
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  You sure have been saying a lot and you surely will have to say it again and again and again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Does anyone here have the database next to their armchair that details each batters vs. each pitcher? This is not a rhetorical question. Is it available on the Internet? If so, do you use it in game situations? Sometime a left-handed batter can hit a lefty better than a right-handed hitter sitting on the bench in reserve. Shouldn't we have those statistics at hand before we assume that the manager does not?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Hahaha.  You sure have been saying a lot and you surely will have to say it again and again and again.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    And again and again ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone here have the database next to their armchair that details each batters vs. each pitcher? This is not a rhetorical question. Is it available on the Internet? If so, do you use it in game situations? Sometime a left-handed batter can hit a lefty better than a right-handed hitter sitting on the bench in reserve. Shouldn't we have those statistics at hand before we assume that the manager does not?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Baseball-Reference does have all those matchup numbers at a glance.