Wednesday's Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Re: Wednesday's Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays

When I saw Lackey come out in the 7th, I told my son the Jays would put a hurting on him. Tito must be on sabbatical. Geez! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

give the boot to 'Coma and take Gomer Pyle Lackey with him....I'm already fed up with his whiny faces when someone doesnt make a great play for him and then listening to his excuses post-game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Lackey is the poster child for why baseball contracts should not be guaranteed. Do your damn job, you'll get paid. Don't do your job, look for employment elsewhere. Football has it right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

New definition of "embarrassment."

This team will be crushed by the Yankees, and for every reason.

P a t h e t i c.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

Francona has no grip on this team like Ozzie in Chicago does. Just a players manager, scared that Shalackey might scream at him for taking him out in the 7th lol. Punk manager+dead players=Fail.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That commercial is ironically prophetic. It's gonna be a long season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Lackey is plain awful and has not earned any of his money. But what the hell took Francona so long to take hime out with a lead off walk, Batista just missed a HR and two hard shots to Crawford. Come on Tito. Now the game is out of reach.
    Everytime I think this team is turning a corner and getting to 500 they shoot themselves in the foot and drop 3 in a row. this weekend they have a tough series too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

They won't be crushed by the Yankees.  They lose to crappy teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    awful...why didnt tito give him the hook?
    Posted by J-BAY

For who the bullpen SUCKS just like last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

New definition of "embarrassment." This team will be crushed by the Yankees, and for every reason. P a t h e t i c.
    Posted by NHSOUTH

Maybe, but the way this team goes, it's more likely they'll win 2 of 3/sweep NY, (to make you think they've arrived) then come back home and get swept by Baltimore and lose 2/3 to whoever comes after that. Is that not the way they do things up there?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Ells hit streak is probably over also

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hitting streak over. Some pitchers can actually field the position.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Oh, bugger.

Where is Pollyanna?????????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Celts fell apart down the stretch also, as they have done quite a bit this year. Blew six point lead and lost by ten.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Why is Sox pitching this bad in Toronto - Lester yesterday, and Lackey today.  Something is terribly wrong.  Pithing coach ?  Catcher calling the games ?  Pitchers having control issues ?  This is ugly.

Hope they can turn this season around soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This team cannot hit in the clutch. The Jays bullpen is just as tired as ours. They are carrying Wakefield because he is involved in the charities in Boston.  He has got to be given his day in Boston are given his release. He is nothing but a mopup pitcher. There is another roster spot of no help. They do not play small ball and the only clutch hitters are Ellsbury and Gonzalez. This weekend could be do or die time for this team.
     On another note how the hel# do you walk Cory Patterson on 4 pitches to walk to strat the inning.  Then with two out the Jays score 5 runs. Give me a break.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Ells mightve got his hit streak robbed in the first ab of the game

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Why is Sox pitching this bad in Toronto - Lester yesterday, and Lackey today.  Something is terribly wrong.  Pithing coach ?  Catcher calling the games ?  Pitchers having control issues ?  This is ugly. Hope they can turn this season around soon.
    Posted by blingblang

BB i think it has a lot to do with farrell knowing the pitchers better than anyone. did the same thing first series against us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

please please please theo fire francona! He is garbage. Does not know how to manage period. Lackey struggled through 6 innings and you leave him out for the 7th and what happens? 3 walks 2 hits = game over. Every f**ckin time you just know whats going to happen. Pitcher gets left in too long, close game turns into a blowout. So predictable. 17 runs in his last 2 starts, how long till they pull the plug on lackey. he has to be one of theos worst signings if not the worst. If this team is going to have a chance in hell of making the playoffs this year, 5 things will have to happen:

1. fire francona
    2.get a catcher
    3.get rid of drew
    4.pull lackey from the rotation/trade him(if possible)
    5. get rid of wakefield

If the sox get swept by the yankees the season is over. Dropping 2 games to the jays is just sad. They got hammered by detroit and yet the own us. Just pathetic. This team is disgraceful. A quarter of the season over and they have yet to reach .500 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

This team cannot hit in the clutch. The Jays bullpen is just as tired as ours. They are carrying Wakefield because he is involved in the charities in Boston.  He has got to be given his day in Boston are given his release. He is nothing but a mopup pitcher. There is another roster spot of no help. They do not play small ball and the only clutch hitters are Ellsbury and Gonzalez. This weekend could be do or die time for this team.  On another note how the hel# do you walk Cory Patterson on 4 pitches to walk to strat the inning.  Then with two out the Jays score 5 runs. Give me a break.
    Posted by AL34

Did you forget the guy who i think has the only two walks offs this season? Carl Crawford?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

please please please theo fire francona! He is garbage. Does not know how to manage period. Lackey struggled through 6 innings and you leave him out for the 7th and what happens? 3 walks 2 hits = game over. Every f**ckin time you just know whats going to happen. Pitcher gets left in too long, close game turns into a blowout. So predictable. 17 runs in his last 2 starts, how long till they pull the plug on lackey. he has to be one of theos worst signings if not the worst. If this team is going to have a chance in hell of making the playoffs this year, 5 things will have to happen: 1. fire francona 2.get a catcher 3.get rid of drew 4.pull lackey from the rotation/trade him(if possible) 5. get rid of wakefield If the sox get swept by the yankees the season is over. Dropping 2 games to the jays is just sad. They got hammered by detroit and yet the own us. Just pathetic. This team is disgraceful. A quarter of the season over and they have yet to reach .500 
    Posted by redsoxpride34

You are aware that the bullpen has been used so much the last few games a lot of late inning games. Do you watch the games or just look at the result and scream?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

What is the definition of a masocist? 
     A Red Sox fan who has blind loyalty to the team while the players make more money in one season than my entire family will earn in a lifetime and do very little to earn it.
    Too many teams, not enough talent, too much money

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

In a weird way, I wish Francona would have gotten suspended for a few games. Would have been interesting to see if DeMarlo couldn't have gotten these sleepwalking dolts to perform up to their capabilities. He certainly couldn't handle the pitching staff any worse.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Carryover from last night, and then some. Almost never do you see a team come off the matt after a loss like that last night and win (especially not this mentally fragile team with no history of victory to fall back on). I thought as much last night, but I kept getting yelled at for being "negative", so I didn't say much. What'd it get us? All that crap is meaningless, especially from us fans. Either the players get it done or they don't, and when they don't it's not hard to point it out. I think this team needs a little more "negative", because I'm not sure they're getting it. You know? Anyone think the loss of Mike Lowell and his leadership has had any effect? Who knows. I remember THAT team coming back to win after losses like last night. 

Sections
Shortcuts