Wednesday's Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Wednesday's Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays

Not feeling real positive right now, so I'll refrain from commenting on Lackey's pathetic effort!

This is really sad!!!!  :(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I'm afraid the bottom line with this Sox team is that they simply are not nearly as good as they were built up to be. You could see the signs early on in Spring training. There are too many weak links on this club for them to be a championship caliber team.  It is very hard to imagine them turning this season around with the personnel they have. The competition in the A.L. is very difficult. The Sox are just not all that good. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I know Crawford got hosed on that call,  but this team is awful and Boy Wonder Epstein has got to be taking some heat from ownership shakey bullpen, signing  Lackey who now that I see him , I cannot believe this guy gets the result he does with a lackluster fastball a mediocre curve. Great signing Theo, not getting Bay signed who was a proven hitter up in Boston and picking up Mike Cameron who gives us nothing as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hard to support Francona in this game, especially with a day off tomorrow.  Apparently, he believes that the bullpen, except for Pap and Wake, needed two full days off.  Thus he tries to get Lackey through 7 innings and then somehow finish with Wake.  That might make sense long term and with the Yankees this weekend, but it has to break the spirit up the lineup players.  Why go out there if the manager has basically given up?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

This team is heading for a very short season......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Was Lackey experiencing the vicarious "carry over" effect???

I'm glad he bounced back after a disastrous start & pitched 2 good games, but this (r@p is getting old with this guy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Right now, the Red Sox look very mediocre. They're making not-so-good teams look like world beaters. Francona needs to jump all over these guys. But he won't and the seat's gonna get hot very soon, if not already.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Ug.  Well...two three-run shots for the tie, anyone? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

come on everybody, during the off season everyone was thrilled with the moves theo made.....everyone here and all the so called experts were crowning them world champions. you can make the best off season moves/signings and still not work out....at least for one season.......still a looooong way to go. no one is pulling away with the division....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I'm going to go on a gangsta verbal dismantling of this dude!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

I would have to agree that Lackey is an absolute disaster. He is giving up one run per every inning pitched. We could be paying pennies to the dollar and get more production out of a young arm from the minors. I am also competely befuddled by Francona's committment to keeping lackey in until it is way out of reach. I suppose Coma had a game plan. He wanted to keep Lackey in until he got roped. Then he wanted to have such an excuse to get Wakefield in. Coma does a great job protecting the bull pen. The less we use them, the more likely their arms won't get too sore. If we keep this up, we will miss post seson. That way, the arms will be especially rested for the next year. Perhaps someone in the clubhouse needs to step up and declare that winning a game is very difficult when the pitcher forces them to score 9 runs in order to etch out a win. Lackey's pitching is so predictably bad that his team mates will learn to be so discouraged when he is on the mound that they will happily go down in order just to get the game over with. Now that is no way to play the game, but Shelackey gives no other alternative.
                                              GO REDSOX!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Carryover "and then some" dirtdog. That kind of thing effects the entire team, erodes confidence, and creates the "here we go again" syndrome. This team is not mentally tough enough for some reason. Three times now this team has approached one game of .500 and fallen back. Three losses the two times before, two now with CC on the horizon Friday. Ever since 07 this team whips out two or three clunkers like this EVERY time you think they've turned it around. Without exception, it happens every time. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

NO PROBLEM WITH THE MOVES this summer!!!  Now Lackey????   Always had a problem with him!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

i agree with dirtdog andrew. know when to keep quiet.......funny you just show up now

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    [QUOTE]Carryover "and then some" dirtdog. That kind of thing effects the entire team, erodes confidence, and creates the "here we go again" syndrome. This team is not mentally tough enough for some reason. Three times now this team has approached one game of .500 and fallen back. Three losses the two times before, two now with CC on the horizon Friday. Ever since 07 this team whips out two or three clunkers like this EVERY time you think they've turned it around. Without exception, it happens every time. 
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I agree in general.....  BUT Lackey???  Sorry!  He's getting no more slack from me!  Time to put up!!!!!  PERIOD!

The rest of the guys played ok considering....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Whose fault is that the bullpen is burned out ? Francon pitched Bard on Sunday with a 4 run lead, so he was not available in Monday Nights game which went into extra innings. That hurt the bullpen the next night. Tuesdays game went into extra inning so the bullpen was taxed even more. Lester did not have his best stuff last night either which hurt the bullpen.
    In close games as a manager Francona is dangerous, no small ball, and left Lackey in too long and put the game out of reach. Tomorrow everybody will have a day off and Bartolo Colon will look like the second coming of Nolan Ryan. Just incredible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Been here..... Just too busy to comment.. OK, plus my wife would have killed me if I got on again during dinner  :(    :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

dirtdog...i meant andrew.....i was agreeing with you not the best time to add salt to the wound...i havent been here much tonight either watching the celtics also

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Amazing swept by a mediocre injured team. Farrell just educated Francona. Now I am beginning to wonder if Farrell knew more than Francona when he was the pitching coach.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Well, it is hard to be optimistic about this weekend. Yankees are playing well and have the better player at most positions. Sox continue to flounder. We have our best pitchers lined up but it may not be enough. A Yankee sweep would be brutal. But it is a very real possibility.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    [QUOTE]i agree with dirtdog andrew. know when to keep quiet.......funny you just show up now
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Nice....So you are making rules as to when I can show up or not?  Did that "dirtdog" chump start trouble again?  Don't bother answering, he's on ingore for a reason..........Don't you get all high and mighty too.

Bottom line is, if you aren't ticked off at this team by now, then in my honest OPINION, you ain't a fan.......

now back to the mess, I mean "game"......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Granderson and Gardner and the whole Yankee team are going to run all over the bases against our two catchers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

My meaning is just the opposite dirtdog--I agree with you. My contention actually makes it worse for him, not excusing him. Lackey came here with the reputation of being tough mentally, and deservedly so, it's who he's been in his career. Where is that guy NOW? THAT guy would have sucked it up tonight, took the team on his back and put zeros on the board. He did it many times with LA, we see flashes of it here, but it never sticks. The indictment is against the entire team for not being able to "get over it". Even John Lester has shown signs of cracking under pressure in the past. Other than game 4 in 07, what really big game has he won? And there wasn't much pressure there because his team was up 3-0. I remember him beating the Rays once in Sept. 08, but the next game Papelbon blew the save and it was all over from there. But think about it, Lester has struggled in just about every postseason game he's pitched in. It's the WHOLE TEAM, they just don't have the mental makeup of a champion that they had with Schilling and etc.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Yankee Series??????   WE ARE GONNA KICK SOME @$$!!!   That's the way we roll this year????   Then........  The inevitable let down???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

That's why getting Laird would have been the smart move......Theo has some serious strengths but at same time, equally serious weaknesses.....