Wednesday's Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Re: Wednesday's Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays

Oh.Bugger. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

The worst is bringing in Wake to face Davis. The light hitters are the most dangerous against the knuckler. You are pitching to their strength. Bring in some heat and blow .200 away. "Duh, That one got away from us pretty quick there". They sent the wrong guy to Toronto.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

andrew the point is you have a way of showing up when things are going bad.....you seem to enjoy it. in my book, a real fan supports them win or lose, like it or not

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I have got butchered for saying this before and I understand why but.....I stand by my feelings that Lester is not a big game pitcher nor that good under pressure....Just look at him last night - just steaming away when things don't go right for me.  You'd never see Schilling do that.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    My meaning is just the opposite dirtdog--I agree with you. My contention actually makes it worse for him, not excusing him. Lackey came here with the reputation of being tough mentally, and deservedly so, it's who he's been in his career. Where is that guy NOW? THAT guy would have sucked it up tonight, took the team on his back and put zeros on the board. He did it many times with LA, we see flashes of it here, but it never sticks. The indictment is against the entire team for not being able to "get over it". Even John Lester has shown signs of cracking under pressure in the past. Other than game 4 in 07, what really big game has he won? And there wasn't much pressure there because his team was up 3-0. I remember him beating the Rays once in Sept. 08, but the next game Papelbon blew the save and it was all over from there. But think about it, Lester has struggled in just about every postseason game he's pitched in. It's the WHOLE TEAM, they just don't have the mental makeup of a champion that they had with Schilling and etc.  
    Posted by TheExaminer

I agree???   Never been really sold on the guy?  BUT I know he is capable!  We haven't really seen that guys since he came to Boston though???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

I still believe

don't fire Tito great manager

don't fire Theo best GM in mlb

I still believe

I am not a masochist

I am Red Sox fan who still believes there's 125 games left

I still believe in this team

I still believe we will be playing October Baseball

I still believe.

firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire
    firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

That's not true...I have 10,000 posts; I am usually always around not just when it's bad.....I do enjoy coming here to vent though and I won't apologize for that............but if you think I enjoy it you are incorrect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I have got butchered for saying this before and I understand why but.....I stand by my feelings that Lester is not a big game pitcher nor that good under pressure....Just look at him last night - just steaming away when things don't go right for me.  You'd never see Schilling do that.....
    Posted by andrewmitch

This guy is really cracked!   I guess you gotta laugh......   He really is clueless

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Disapointed?  Yes I am. 
    Wish we would start doing better?  Of course I do. 
    But this is still my team, and I'll stick with it to the bitter end. 
    Well, good night, guys!  See you later and let's take the next three!!! Woot!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Nice new photo Yoshi!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

i'm not asking you to apologize but dont get mad when people get upset when you do andrew....i support them win or lose

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I still believe don't fire Tito great manager don't fire Theo best GM in mlb I still believe I am not a masochist I am Red Sox fan who still believes there's 125 games left I still believe in this team I still believe we will be playing October Baseball I still believe. firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire
    Posted by LondonRedSox

I have to agree!  Just a bit down tonight :(  We'll be back!  We'll be there at the end!!!!!!!   :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I dunno dirtdog. I've asked myself that question a hundred times. I was sort of glad they got him when they did, although I didn't totally understand it--I thought "oh, ok, he's a real bulldog". Boy is MY face red! And andrew? That idea about Lester is one that also lurks about in the shadows, but you don't dare bring it up in RSN. I like the guy, he's a great pitcher, but he's not yet shown me he can do what Schilling did. That can turn around though. CC was terrible in most of his postseason games until 09.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Yeah well cheer up Robertson just laid an egg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Royals just tied the Yanks, but like I said last night and got drilled for it--that's like kissing your sister.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

That's not true...I have 10,000 posts; I am usually always around not just when it's bad.....I do enjoy coming here to vent though and I won't apologize for that............but if you think I enjoy it you are incorrect.
    Posted by andrewmitch

Tell him he can say whatever he wants!  Most people have marginalized his opinions!  Especially his NUT JOB political stuff.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

like i said, no one is running away with the division........looooooong way to go. just need to stay healthy and fix whats wrong

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Royals just tied the Yanks, but like I said last night and got drilled for it--that's like kissing your sister.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Awesome!  My Royals buddy is about to come over!  :)  2 happy guys!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

you can get upset all you want w/ me....

it is the personal attacks, the obscenities, and the way certain people go out of their way to call me (or others) out I take issue with....

If you want to disagree or dispute or debate or whatever, just stick w/ the issue........or ignore me....but personal attacks to someone you don't have to face in person is laughable and cowardly.  You don't see me engage is such ridiculous behavior....people who think personal attacks back and fourth in a forum have some serious issues and I'll just put them on ignore before it goes any further.....

On the other hand, there are some really good people here, some with good insights, and some I like to vent with or enjoy a big win.......take it or leave it......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

like i said, no one is running away with the division........looooooong way to go. just need to stay healthy and tweek whats wrong
    Posted by J-BAY

JBAY, you're really showing the love! Good for you! I just wish somebody would kick this team in the butt, do SOMETHING to turn it around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

like i said, no one is running away with the division........looooooong way to go. just need to stay healthy and fix whats wrong
    Posted by J-BAY

Hey J......wheres the faith man?  The Bombers can still pull this one out buck up man!

I'm obviously kidding with you I know you want the Yanks to lose but there is a little premature panic occuring on the forum right now.  Its still really really early.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is easy to say " Don't be negative " but this club has given us so much reason to be negative. How can you avoid it?  It is easy to say " I still believe " but have they really given us any reason to believe?  I have not seen it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I agree...It's nice to see some consistency that you can count on. 

Like I said, if you aren't ticked by now, you simply don't care enough - that's of course just my opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I dunno dirtdog. I've asked myself that question a hundred times. I was sort of glad they got him when they did, although I didn't totally understand it--I thought "oh, ok, he's a real bulldog". Boy is MY face red! And andrew? That idea about Lester is one that also lurks about in the shadows, but you don't dare bring it up in RSN. I like the guy, he's a great pitcher, but he's not yet shown me he can do what Schilling did. That can turn around though. CC was terrible in most of his postseason games until 09.
    Posted by TheExaminer

I can't tell you why, but I got a BAD FEELING LAST ST when they started marching Beckett, Lackey, & Lester around as the 3 Horsemen!  It didn't sit well with me!  I thought they had it way too hyped all the way back then????

Can't really explain it? Just didn't like it />>>>  Not this past ST.........  Now there were other problems there, but it's WATER UNDER the bridge......

IT WILL BE all good!!!   :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well put dgale, my point exactly. I'd LOVE to be "positive", so GIVE ME SOMETHING SOX!

Sections
Shortcuts