Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays

In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays": It's a pile of junk, and it's filled with three dozen fans, most of whom are in "the picnic area" or are petting the sting rays, and ringing cow bells/playing stupid corny sound effects over the PA. Ridiculous environment, and every time the Sox go there something stupid and/or off the wall happens. I loathe this team as much if not more than the Yankees.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of an arena football game. I don't know how they pay the players with the low, no attendance

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Another balk. Great, thats how many so far this year? I've never seen the like of it. I've followed teams for entire SEASONS and not seen as many balks as I've seen just in the past week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

What is Agon's problem? He is swinging at a lot of stuff out of the strike zone, looks confused at the plate, seems uptight/frustrated and listless offensively.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Another balk. Great, thats how many so far this year? I've never seen the like of it. I've followed teams for entire SEASONS and not seen as many balks as I've seen just in the past week.

six

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays : Reminds me of an arena football game. I don't know how they pay the players with the low, no attendance Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE] That's just the thing, for the most part they don't. They were so bad for so long, they got all those top draft picks, and just happened to hit on most of them. That, and they recycle players off the heap, and have happened to hit on them too. It's more luck than skill, despite the media darlings they've become. Eventually, someone will beat them just like every other season. Meanwhile.... Good grief, the guy passed out.....wow.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]Another balk. Great, thats how many so far this year? I've never seen the like of it. I've followed teams for entire SEASONS and not seen as many balks as I've seen just in the past week.

7..... I think but I know we lead the league in that dept. Hey, we're 1st in something else besides doubles

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

This Rays team against us is very lucky, good karma or just has our number. Yup, the balk for a run was bad and Ross' out of position so couldn't toss out runner for their 2nd run were sort of unconventional runs but the fact remain, we didn't hit in clutch situations and Gonzo 0-4 didn't help either !!! At least Celtics won & Yankees lost !!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

On another thread ,there were posters urging Sox pitchers to drill somebody.  "It's part of the game " they claim.  Take a look here.  Part of the game ? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

thats not goood. wasnt intentional but i'm sure that balk call didnt help his concentration. more respect for the likes of youk or don baylor, who got hurt routinely like that

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays": That's just the thing, for the most part they don't. They were so bad for so long, they got all those top draft picks, and just happened to hit on most of them. That, and they recycle players off the heap, and have happened to hit on them too. It's more luck than skill, despite the media darlings they've become. Eventually, someone will beat them just like every other season. Meanwhile.... Good grief, the guy passed out.....wow.....

that happened to me when I  broke my arm....passed out and woke up on the floor. Dr. said any type of trauma to the body causes it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays : We do have a pitching coach, don't we?
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]that second call was BOGUS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays": [QUOTE]This Rays team against us is very lucky, good karma or just has our number. Yup, the balk for a run was bad and Ross' out of position so couldn't toss out runner for their 2nd run were sort of unconventional runs but the fact remain, we didn't hit in clutch situations and Gonzo 0-4 didn't help either !!! At least Celtics won & Yankees lost !!! Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE] Happens every time we go there, almost anyway. We won 9 of 12 there from the end of 10 to the start of 11, but other than that, it's one stupid thing after another down there. A ball hits the base and deflects, a bad call leads to a run, broken bat hits, you name it. The Reds used to have the same issues in the Astrodome twenty years ago. Gosh I hated that place. Same thing here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hey all ... I see it's Balkfest '12.
    Time for a run or five.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays : that happened to me when I  broke my arm....passed out and woke up on the floor. Dr. said any type of trauma to the body causes it. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Oh c'mon J Bay .....You just rub some dirt on it and you're fine!  LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays : that happened to me when I  broke my arm....passed out and woke up on the floor. Dr. said any type of trauma to the body causes it.  Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Yes. Passing out is NOT a fun experience. Its happened to me several times for different things. When you go out you don't know it, but coming back in and realizing what just happened is horrible, because you're disoriented, you feel heavy as a bag of lead, your head hurts, there's a ringing in your ears, and you don't know what's happening. It sometimes takes several hours to totally come all the way back. It's not easy like they show it on tv! I actually feel for the guy, I think he should take tomorrow night off to recover.....hehehehe

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays : god's been ignoring him. Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE] Careful there Yaz.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Will is striking out way too much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I was listening to game in car waiting for daughter at doccer practice. Heard Agon strikeout. They have to get him squared away, they need his power swing back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

It's no fun playing MLB in what looks like an abandoned warehouse. I almost expect to see semis at docks back of the bldg. And I love that playing surface.....Astroweeds!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Y cant this team channel its inner celtic and fightttt!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Wednesday's Game Thread : Red Sox at Rays": That's just the thing, for the most part they don't. They were so bad for so long, they got all those top draft picks, and just happened to hit on most of them. That, and they recycle players off the heap, and have happened to hit on them too. It's more luck than skill, despite the media darlings they've become. Eventually, someone will beat them just like every other season. Meanwhile.... Good grief, the guy passed out.....wow.....

$64 Million payroll......... just a shade above Pittsburgh and the Pitt fans cry all the time about the owner making millions due to revenue sharing. Tampa must do the same. MLB should withold the money till the get a real ballfield

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bend over and grab 'em. "Thank you sir, may I have another?" Look for more of the same tomorrow. Another sweep of the Red Sox in Tampa Bay, which will square the season series at 3-3. and just think, we have seven more down there. Felicitations!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Damn it.