WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21132006/buchholz-may-be-close-throwing

It looks like there's hope afterall for Buchholz' return in 2011.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing

If anything maybe a bullpen role IMO.. Do you think he can get stretched out to pitch a full game in less than 6 weeks again after sitting for the last 2+ months with back issues? Not so sure SPC, Although Im hoping he can..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing:
    If anything maybe a bullpen role IMO.. Do you think he can get stretched out to pitch a full game in less than 6 weeks again after sitting for the last 2+ months with back issues? Not so sure SPC, Although Im hoping he can..
    Posted by southpaw777

Ugh, i'd rather just shut him down completely than watch them use him out of the pen.  Total gamble move if that's the case.  If Bedard keeps pitching like he has been, I think he's the #3... But if he starts to struggle, then give me Buchholz at 90%.  The fact that they have him throwing indicates that this injury has to be getting better.  Unless the medical staff really is that incompetent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Id rather they just shut him down too..No use in risking further issues rushing him back...Bedard has improved each appearance and Im hoping Lackey is his usual good second half pitcher..The Sox will def need their offense to get through some games though...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

If he can't do any damage by pitching in terms of increased more than normal injury risk, they should get him ready for 70 to 80 pitch outings toward the end of the season, as it will be needed and there is roster expansion. Just get rid of Wakefield!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He wont be able to get back up tp speed in 1 month softy..hes been sitting for 2..I dont think that is a realistic expectation for Buch..Along with your usual Wake comments too...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

No rule that says he can't pitch 70 or 80 in a month.

Wakefield stinks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing:
    http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21132006/buchholz-may-be-close-throwing It looks like there's hope afterall for Buchholz' return in 2011.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Like I said before Bill, this could be Theo's 2011 version of the "bloddy sock" in the playoffs.  The Sox may have grabbed Bedard to get us through mid September, then bring Clay back for a few innings here and there before starting him in the playoffs after all.

Never say never in this game, because that's what it is in many cases "a game" of strategy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Close to throwing? - if he starts throwing today, and without an set backs, it would take him a month, minimum, to be game ready.  And he won't have the luxury of rehab starts.  There's no way the Red Sox rush him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Close to throwing? - if he starts throwing today, and without an set backs, it would take him a month, minimum, to be game ready.  And he won't have the luxury of rehab starts.  There's no way the Red Sox rush him. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

DirtyWater, anything is possible and I'm one fan that would gladly take 4 or 5 solid innings from Clay in the PS over Lackey.  I have a funny feeling we will allow Lackey to pitch as our #3 over Bedard which could be a huge mistake.

I'm sure Clay has kept up with his conditioning and wants to get back here to help if he can.  Theres still time to get some innings in before the PS if he gets the approval.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing : DirtyWater, anything is possible and I'm one fan that would gladly take 4 or 5 solid innings from Clay in the PS over Lackey.  I have a funny feeling we will allow Lackey to pitch as our #3 over Bedard which could be a huge mistake. I'm sure Clay has kept up with his conditioning and wants to get back here to help if he can.  Theres still time to get some innings in before the PS if he gets the approval.
    Posted by craze4sox

I am sure that all Red Sox fans would like to see Buchholz back for the playoffs.
    I am not sure how many innings he will be able to pitch.  I believe that pitching 4 or 5 innings would be great, just don't see it happening.  That would be expecting a lot of him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing:
    http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21132006/buchholz-may-be-close-throwing It looks like there's hope afterall for Buchholz' return in 2011.

This may be very important as Bucholz is a "borderline ace" as you have said previously.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing : I am sure that all Red Sox fans would like to see Buchholz back for the playoffs. I am not sure how many innings he will be able to pitch.  I believe that pitching 4 or 5 innings would be great, just don't see it happening.  That would be expecting a lot of him. 
    Posted by susan250

No doubt it's a stretch susan and I wouldn't want anything but a "fully healthy" Clay back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You know I love Clay, and he turned himself into a superb pitcher, and he's injury prone. And that's why everyone's clamour to "retire" Wakefield is so laughable. You got Clay with his back problems that have turned him into the guy you have to wait and wait to see if he can get healthy, you got Dice-K who went from 15 and 30 day DLs to season-ending arm issues. And yet there is 45-year-old Wake healthy, throwing 7 IP in many of his starts, and getting the ball each rotation turn. I'll take the guy who I can count on to be healthy. I'm a little tired of worrying about someone's health. Since I'm not a doctor, and I'm not allowed to question the Sox medical staff on anything, because the doctors know (how to push pharmeutical drugs that they make money of)---I will put my backing toward the guy who is healthy while his teammates systematically drop like flies when the Sox need themin a pennant race.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

agree with most of you guys, not worth to rush him back.  Rest him and get ready for next season.  Look at Dice K, Boston rushed him back from the DL every time he goes on DL.  Now he is in a mess!!!  Same goes to Josh Beckett two years ago.  He should have been shut down for the season, but instead he wanted to get back to the team and try to help the team to make into the post season.  Result, Boston didnt even make into the playoff.  Bad move!!

Since Bucholtz is only 25 years of age (maybe bit older), still he havent reach the prime time of his career.  So Boston will just go whatever they have with their rotation and bullpen!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In the article it sounds like even Bucholz realizes that he wouldnt have time to get stretched out enough to be a starter by season end. I do think that comparing him to Dice K is off since Dice had an Arm injury and Clay has a back injury. With no Minor League games to rehab, I would see if by the end of Septmeber you caould get him some BP appearances.....if he looks and feels good, and we make the PS, then I think he would be a great guy to have in the Pen if one of the starters gets in big trouble early....kinda like Pedro in Cleveland...if we continue on in the playoffs and he is more stretched out then maybe he could get a WS start.....no reason to shut a 25 year old guy down now .....if he experiences more discomfort when he pitches then you could end his season

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I really wouldn't mind seeing Buchholz coming out of the pen this postseason,if and it's a big IF,he's ready.I could see him pitching an inning or two once in a while to keep his arm from being over used and re-injuring it.If he's OK and throwing 30-40 pitches out of the pen,he could be devastating.
       But I don't think he'd be ready to go 100+ pitches again this year now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

May be close to throwing, means that he hasn't been throwing, it's already August 22nd. So if he finds himself back in a Sox uniform this year (still a long shot) it'll be pitching out of the bullpen...Hopefully his session is pain free and he can get back on track, be ready to help down the stretch and show the team he can help in the playoffs. If he's 100%, commanding the ball adding him to the backend of pen ain't gonna hurt out chances...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

It was nice to have Pedro come out of the bullpen that one time in Cleveland.  Wasn't it?  Guys who get Ks are great to have in the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

it would take him a month, minimum, to be game ready

Beantowne pretends to be a pitching expert. Buch could throw 70 or 80 pitches before October. It simply depends upon how he feels as he progresses. Simulated games with MLB hitters are better than minor league rehabs. Roster expansion allow for that, you dimwits.

Buch pitching and how much won't be related to clueless polyanish message board feely furbies.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenMonster1964. Show GreenMonster1964's posts

I'm sure Clay has kept up with his conditioning
    =========================================
    No disrespect to Clay, but he is having back issues......that usually puts a damper on strenuous exercise

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I'm sure Clay has kept up with his conditioning ========================================= No disrespect to Clay, but he is having back issues......that usually puts a damper on strenuous exercise
    Posted by GreenMonster1964

Bad back. Doan's Pills loves the RS!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from .<(The-Babe)>.. Show .<(The-Babe)>.'s posts

In Response to Re: WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing : Ugh, i'd rather just shut him down completely than watch them use him out of the pen.  Total gamble move if that's the case.  If Bedard keeps pitching like he has been, I think he's the #3... But if he starts to struggle, then give me Buchholz at 90%.  The fact that they have him throwing indicates that this injury has to be getting better.  Unless the medical staff really is that incompetent.

Once again you allow your homerism to cloud what you read.

The fact is he is NOT throwing yet and needs to be reevaluated when they return to beantowne.

Once again mongo the fanboy shows us why he is one of the least knowledgeable posters on this forum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing : Once again you allow your homerism to cloud what you read. The fact is he is NOT throwing yet and needs to be reevaluated when they return to beantowne. Once again mongo the fanboy shows us why he is one of the least knowledgeable posters on this forum.
    Posted by .<(The-Babe) />.

What happened to your post earlier this morning when you were ranting about Cano's BA vs. Boston lifetime but neglected to mention that it was only .227 during this season? Did you delete the post or were you booted by BDC once again?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from <).TheBabe.(>. Show <).TheBabe.(>'s posts

In Response to Re: WEEI: Buchholz May be Close to Throwing : What happened to your post earlier this morning when you were ranting about Cano's BA vs. Boston lifetime but neglected to mention that it was only .227 during this season? Did you delete the post or were you booted by BDC once again?

Posted by PawsoxPhil

C'mon, surely a great internet troll policeman like yourself should be able to do your best Sherlock Holmes impression and figure it out. After all, you seem to think you have everything else about everyone else on here figured out.

If you don't like talking baseball why do you come to a baseball site? I mean, aren't there plenty of places for you to play cops and robbers?

Sections
Shortcuts