WEEI: Westmoreland to face live pitching

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

WEEI: Westmoreland to face live pitching

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21125671/westmoreland-face-live-pitching

Let's all hope that this is just the next step in what could be the greatest comeback story in the history of sports.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: WEEI: Westmoreland to face live pitching

People don't realize what a loss Westmoreland was. Terrible. He may have been the most talented OF they've ever drafted.
    In a  more fortunate world RS would have had three young OF's ready to go right about now, making the Crawford signing unnecessary and insuring against Ellsbury leaving in the future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to WEEI: Westmoreland to face live pitching:
    [QUOTE]http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21125671/westmoreland-face-live-pitching Let's all hope that this is just the next step in what could be the greatest comeback story in the history of sports.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I certainly wish him the best, what great determination and progress this kid has shown in such a short period of time.  I think it would be close to a miricle if Ryan ever gets back to the level he was at before the surgery but what a story and accomplishment it would be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ryan Jake & Ryan

that would have been a great OF

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

let's hope that this kid can come back to be ball player again, but let's pray that he will live a good and long life as a member of society.

tough break, kid. make the most of what you have.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

One can dream and dreams do come true!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

We are all hopeful and most of us will stick with him I think as this is going to maybe take years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pierreisme. Show pierreisme's posts

for him to make it all the way to the majors would be a great story no one would believe if it were fictional. i hope it happens, he deserves it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I deleted my post. it was tasteless and stupid - I put it up without thinking.

I apologize unconditionally to all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

E:60 did a spotlight on him about a month or so ago.  His hitting looks like it's coming back.  But others...not so much....yet  He was having difficulty just throwing the ball accurately back to someone while playing catch.  He was still having a hard time tying his shoes!!!

Hopefully, he can come back.....because it would be truly a remarkable comeback. Even if he doesn't, he's made amazing progress.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Incredible.

Cant wait to see him in Fenway...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Knowing a dad whose son faced and underwent had similar surgery,the one thing I can tell you is the Westmoreland's recovery,to this point,has been extrordinary.My friend's young son,who was 19 when he had his surgery,is, tragically,still struggling mightily.Everyone who knows this family can only pray that God leads this young man to a recovery that mimics Westmoreland's.I hope everyone's mind set is that first and foremost Westmoreland continues his recovery and can lead a long,happy and healthy life.Next,that he will ultimately be able to return to the field and have the career that many felt was almost inevitable.It would truly be a remarkable story that goes well beyond baseball and could bring faith and hope to those who are facing such a daunting injury or illness(and those who love them)who have surrendered to dispair and abandoned all belief that things could improve.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from letsgosox33. Show letsgosox33's posts

Phil 4:13

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Wish this kid nothing but the best and mostly a healthy life.

Secondly I hope his dreams of playing pro ball come true as well.

Imagine the standing O this kid gets when he steps into the batters box at Fenway....just sayingm this kid REALLy makes you wanna cheer for him to make a full recovery and get here. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m