Weekend series with Seattle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Re: Weekend series with Seattle

In Response to Re: Weekend series with Seattle:
    [QUOTE]The better offense should take the series.  But the Sox seem to struggle against very good pitching. I wouldn't put any of the Royals games in the win bank just yet.  They seem to be a team that the Sox sometimes get vexed by.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

The Sox struggle against pitchers they haven't faced more then Good Pitching !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]The better offense should take the series.  But the Sox seem to struggle against very good pitching.Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Sox have done very well against most of the top pitchers.

Off the top of my head, the Sox have beaten Sabathia, Haren, Weaver, Colon, Hellickson, Shields -- I'm sure there are others -- and some of them more than once.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

We would face their 3 best starters, while the Yankees don't. I probably sounded like a Sox fan before the 04 series didn't I?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]We would face their 3 best starters, while the Yankees don't. I probably sounded like a Sox fan before the 04 series didn't I?
    Posted by RedSoxFan2OO4[/QUOTE]
    I would not consider Blake Beavan among Seattle's best three starters.

The Yankees may face Jason Vargas and Doug Fister (who both won at Fenway Park in April) and possibly Erik Bedard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend series with Seattle : Actually, the Sox have done very well against most of the top pitchers. Off the top of my head, the Sox have beaten Sabathia, Haren, Weaver, Colon, Hellickson, Shields -- I'm sure there are others -- and some of them more than once.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    This season the Red Sox have beaten, among others, CC Sabathia three times, Dan Haren, Ricky Romero and Bartolo Colon twice, and Jered Weaver, Ervin Santana, Carl Pavano, Max Scherzer, Brett Anderson, Brandon Morrow, Jeremy Hellickson, David Price, Yovani Gallardo, James Shields and Jeremy Guthrie once each. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend series with Seattle : Not to mention three pitching prospects -- 18-year-old Taijuan Walker, 22-year-old James Paxton and 21-year-old Danny Hultzen -- whom the Mariners would be unlikely to trade for 21-year-old Anthony Ranaudo.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]
    Naive Mariners fans, I wish there were more than you. You are no better than a whining Yankees fan, coming on here to tell us that Jesus Montero is better than Ryan Lavarnway, which s entirely false. We will see whose prospects are better, a few seasons from now.

Infra, the Red Sox will sweep the Mariners, easily. Strong performances from Pedroia and the middle of the line-up, along with Salty.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Weekend series with Seattle:
    [QUOTE]The Seattle Mariners bring a 12-game losing streak into Fenway Park on Friday for a three-game series against the Red Sox (followed by a three-game series at Yankee Stadium). The Sox will face Seattle starters Felix Hernandez, Blake Beavan and Michael Pineda. Certain sweep for the Red Sox?
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Never certain facing Felix ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]The Seattle Mariners bring a 12-game losing streak into Fenway Park on Friday for a three-game series against the Red Sox (followed by a three-game series at Yankee Stadium). The Sox will face Seattle starters Felix Hernandez, Blake Beavan and Michael Pineda. Certain sweep for the Red Sox?
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

no! no! a thousand times no!

law of averages. seattle has lost 12 in a row, they are due to win. unfortunately, it will be at fenway. seattle wins 2 of 3.

hope i'm wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Can't see the Sox lineup not smacking King Felix around ... he is a great pitcher, but the Sox will crush any mistakes he makes ... and now he has to watch out for both Jake and PD.    Gonzo has his stroke back, this should be a a fun game to watch.

Of course, this is assuming the new improved John Lackey shows up.  He has to hold it to 4 runs.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]guaranteed sweep, no discussion needed.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]CYDI, confidence is good, just remember..on any given night, you can get beat.. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! Clueless as we all are, we all expect a sweep.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend series with Seattle : CYDI, confidence is good, just remember..on any given night, you can get beat.. 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Jete, you're trying to talk sensibly to someone who has none.

Nailbiter for you guys last night. Pitchers like CC must hate losing those. I know Beckett has lost his share.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend series with Seattle : Jete, you're trying to talk sensibly to someone who has none. Nailbiter for you guys last night. Pitchers like CC must hate losing those. I know Beckett has lost his share.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]hey Niz, man, you ain't kidding...i was just talking to a guy here at work about those kind of losses...speaking of, check out how CJ Wilson loses a 1-0 gem to Jered Weaver..ouch!!.....http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=17132663&query=game_pk%3D288338

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]Can't see the Sox lineup not smacking King Felix around ... he is a great pitcher, but the Sox will crush any mistakes he makes ... and now he has to watch out for both Jake and PD.    Gonzo has his stroke back, this should be a a fun game to watch. Of course, this is assuming the new improved John Lackey shows up.  He has to hold it to 4 runs.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

"new improved."

in advertising that usually means same old product at a higher cost.
    SLACKEY should be able to hold seattle to 4 runs. a good pitcher would hold them to 2 or less.
    sadly for the SOX, king felix is a very good pitcher and the final score will be 4-2 seattle.

Sections
Shortcuts