weird stat: yanks have been gunned out 15 times at plate, only 13 all of last year. curse of ELLSBURY?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: weird stat: yanks have been gunned out 15 times at plate, only 13 all of last year. curse of ELLSBURY?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

SERIOUSLY.. how does 1 explain that? watched the yanks-o's game in bmore. they thought it may b due to desperation since they cant score runs.. oh well.. who's the third base coach.. deMarlo Hale?

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

[/QUOTE]

What is amazing is that without 4 of 5 of the starting pitchers that were in the Yankee rotation coming out of camp that the Yankees are only 4 games out and that they beat the Orioles in Baltimore today with Shane Greene on the mound up from the farm system that they don't have.

As Kimmi would put it they're just lucky.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: weird stat: yanks have been gunned out 15 times at plate, only 13 all of last year. curse of ELLSBURY?

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is amazing is that without 4 of 5 of the starting pitchers that were in the Yankee rotation coming out of camp that the Yankees are only 4 games out and that they beat the Orioles in Baltimore today with Shane Greene on the mound up from the farm system that they don't have.

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees are only 4 games out because the rest of the division is so weak.  You and I both agreed that Toronto would not remain in first place.  They may get back up there, but as of now they are not playing very good ball.

The luck part comes from the fact that they are 1 game over .500 with a -35 run differential.  They should be 8 games under.

All that said, Shane Greene pitched an awesome game today against a pretty good offense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees are only 4 games out because the rest of the division is so weak.  You and I both agreed that Toronto would not remain in first place.  They may get back up there, but as of now they are not playing very good ball.

The luck part comes from the fact that they are 1 game over .500 with a -35 run differential.  They should be 8 games under.

All that said, Shane Greene pitched an awesome game today against a pretty good offense.

[/QUOTE]

Don't the SOX have a player named Shane? I think he played for the SOX last year. Oh well, maybe I'm just thinking of my favorite movie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

SERIOUSLY.. how does 1 explain that? watched the yanks-o's game in bmore. they thought it may b due to desperation since they cant score runs.. oh well.. who's the third base coach.. deMarlo Hale?

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]       Like us last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

(QUOTE)

It had nothing to do with they had never faced him before, TWM, and there's not a book on him, yet? Whitley did well for a handful of starts, too, then fell off. We see it all the time. Or the old adage, on any given day, not who you play, when you play them?

That said, good for him. Love to seee the kids get the call and do well. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Luck is an intrinsic part of baseball though, IMO. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, it's really annoying when it's the Yankees getting lucky. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh I absolutely agree Bob, probably more so than most.  The bottom line is the team's W-L record, and it makes no difference to date whether those wins were lucky or not.   However, Pythagorean W-L is a pretty good indicator of how a team might perform for the remainder of the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

But, it's really annoying when it's the Yankees getting lucky. LOL

[/QUOTE]

LOL FourBs.  Extremely annoying!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How many pitchers are missing from the Sox starting day rotation? Just unlucky?

And Tampa? And considering where Tampa is with less injuries to their rotation than NY they must be more unlucky?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

(QUOTE)

It had nothing to do with they had never faced him before, TWM, and there's not a book on him, yet? Whitley did well for a handful of starts, too, then fell off. We see it all the time. Or the old adage, on any given day, not who you play, when you play them?

That said, good for him. Love to e the kids get the call and do well. 

[/QUOTE]

This is true, but how many young pitchers have the Yankees brought up within the last year?

Phelps, Warren, Whitley, Nuno, Betances, Claiborne now Greene. I think at some point they deserve some credit.

Betances in the AS game chosen by the players.

Tanaka, CC, Nova, Pineda all on the DL, Kuroda the last man standing.

If the Yankees had no bad luck they'd have no luck at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

When we were kids , we used to always say when we lost........... " They were lucky. "

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When we were kids , we used to always say when we lost........... " They were lucky. "

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

We used "I told you so" a lot too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    I don't remember that part.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not surprised.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

(QUOTE)

That said, good for him. Love to e the kids get the call and do well. 

This is true, but how many young pitchers have the Yankees brought up within the last year?

Phelps, Warren, Whitley, Nuno, Betances, Claiborne now Greene. I think at some point they deserve some credit.

Betances in the AS game chosen by the players.

Tanaka, CC, Nova, Pineda all on the DL, Kuroda the last man standing.

If the Yankees had no bad luck they'd have no luck at all.

[/QUOTE]
     Betances is a reliever. Bad luck maybe, when when it's the Red Sox or another team, we hear "injuries are part of the game" 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not surprised.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]  And , I am not surprised at your usual responses.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not surprised.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Folks were having a civil\discussion about "luck" and you decide to inject a crack about immaturity.

If you can't see your constant " I told you" posts about your brilliant deductions this spring (that you've made every spring I've been here, BTW) are just immature to others as this discussion seems to be to you, then too bad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not surprised.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Folks were having a civil\discussion about "luck" and you decide to inject a crack about immaturity.

If you can't see your constant " I told you" posts about your brilliant deductions this spring (that you've made every spring I've been here, BTW) are just immature to others as this discussion seems to be to you, then too bad.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    At least try to get it right. I saw trouble brewing this spring. Hate to say " I told you so " , but it looks like I was right.  Last spring, I was very optimistic about our chances. ( As they say, you could look it up ) I was definitely right about that.  Maybe you just don't like to admit that someone who disagrees with you can sometimes be right. By the way, we really did used to say " You were just lucky " when we were kids.  No need to take it personally.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    At least try to get it right. I saw trouble brewing this spring. Hate to say " I told you so " , but it looks like I was right.  Last spring, I was very optimistic about our chances. ( As they say, you could look it up ) I was definitely right about that.  Maybe you just don't like to admit that someone who disagrees with you can sometimes be right. By the way, we really did used to say " You were just lucky " when we were kids.  No need to take it personally.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody hates to say I told you so.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nobody hates to say I told you so.   

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    Correct. It is actually a lot of fun to say it.  I was just being facetious about hating it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

weird stat: yanks have been gunned out 15 times at plate,

weird stat IDK

but here's a weird one 4 moon and the rest of the gang

pineda  (25) - out 4 yr

nova    (27) - out 4 yr

CC       (33) -out 4 yr

tanaka (25) - out 4 yr

kuroda (39) - still strong

Sections
Shortcuts