Welcome Back Daniel Bard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Welcome Back Daniel Bard

Good luck pal and another solid performance Clay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Re: Welcome Back Daniel Bard

Nice to see. Not crazy about 18 pitches, but he can build on this. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to patrickford's comment:

Nice to see. Not crazy about 18 pitches, but he can build on this. 

Hopefully nerves, If I ever wanted one guy to succeed more than anyone its Bard. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

To his credit he didn't walk a batter. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to patrickford's comment:

To his credit he didn't walk a batter. 

Yup! I totally agree

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He was one of the best set-up men in MLB for about 3 years.  He's young enough to regain and return to glory.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Need Two Innings Out Of Bard, And Lets See....I Hope For The Best....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

He was one of the best set-up men in MLB for about 3 years.  He's young enough to regain and return to glory.

Yes, he should make a complete return under  J F ..........  BTW, thank you Alfredo Aceves !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Yep...I agree.  Right now Clay is the best pitcher in the AL.  Bard...I still get a bit nervouse but the kids stuff is some of the NASTIEST stuff I have EVER seen.  When he thriew a 99 MPH fastball and painted the black on the inside...then followed it up with a slider that started at the batters head but ended up hitting the outiside corner of the plate....and still threw it 91MPH.....that stuff was pure magic!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Yep...I agree.  Right now Clay is the best pitcher in the AL.  Bard...I still get a bit nervouse but the kids stuff is some of the NASTIEST stuff I have EVER seen.  When he thriew a 99 MPH fastball and painted the black on the inside...then followed it up with a slider that started at the batters head but ended up hitting the outiside corner of the plate....and still threw it 91MPH.....that stuff was pure magic!

I don't think we will ever see Aceves again if Bard regains his form which is fine with me.  Alfredo has some great stuff when hes on too but may be the last "strange personality" we need to remove from the clubhouse.  With Josh gone I'm not even worried about Lackey concentrating on the task at hand.  Will or can he?  Not sure but I'm liking what I see in this new look clubhouse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hope the kid get get back to his former self. I think he could be there before the year is out. Good game last night!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I hope Bard can build off of this but I am cautiously optimistic.  He didn't look anything like when he was going good in 2010.  I still don't trust him in a high leverage situation and I am sure that the Sox don't either.  He will have to earn back their trust.  Lets cross our fingers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I was at the game last nite. Buch was working like a machine. Mr. Bard showed signs of his past life when he came in and just blew it by you. He's gonna be a work in progress getting back to his 97-98 days but he has his old pitching coach and a new pitching coach working with him you could just see it in his delivery how much more relaxed he was. his mechanics were great. Fenway was totally electric last night. my son and I sat in the same row with about 8 newly returned hero's from the 82nd airborne div just back from afgan. It was my honor to buy em all a round of ice cold bud. lol. they returned the favor which is why my son drove us home after the game. glad I brought a little extra cash. just a great night all around fellahs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

I was at the game last nite. Buch was working like a machine. Mr. Bard showed signs of his past life when he came in and just blew it by you. He's gonna be a work in progress getting back to his 97-98 days but he has his old pitching coach and a new pitching coach working with him you could just see it in his delivery how much more relaxed he was. his mechanics were great. Fenway was totally electric last night. my son and I sat in the same row with about 8 newly returned hero's from the 82nd airborne div just back from afgan. It was my honor to buy em all a round of ice cold bud. lol. they returned the favor which is why my son drove us home after the game. glad I brought a little extra cash. just a great night all around fellahs.

That's an awesome story!!  That's what going to a game is all about!!  I wish sometimes this place would be more like that....agree or disagree...we should all be able to buy each other a cold one at the end of the day! Well done by you and thanks again for your service.  Also.....kudos to your son for driving you home safe!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

That's an awesome story!!  That's what going to a game is all about!!  I wish sometimes this place would be more like that....agree or disagree...we should all be able to buy each other a cold one at the end of the day! Well done by you and thanks again for your service.  Also.....kudos to your son for driving you home safe!!

Thanks Kingface! I appreciate your kind words more than you know. funny thing, when they played the national anthem the nine of us all hand saluted the flag military style and nobody faulted me for it since I had my 101st viet-nam veteran ball cap on and my boston red sox blue jacket. just a really great moment for me man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thats very cool Hammah, classy gesture on your part. Glad you and your son had a good time. Great to see Bard making his way back to where he once was.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I don't think we will ever see Aceves again if Bard regains his form which is fine with me.  Alfredo has some great stuff when hes on too but may be the last "strange personality" we need to remove from the clubhouse.  With Josh gone I'm not even worried about Lackey concentrating on the task at hand.  Will or can he?  Not sure but I'm liking what I see in this new look clubhouse.

We won't ever see Aceves pitch again for the Red Sox if we are lucky.  I don't think the Sox are going to put up with him any longer.  He isn't worth the trouble.  I am sure they are hoping to dump him on some unsuspecting team.  Calling Theo...........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Bard isn't ready for the major leagues. Not my decision.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Bard isn't ready for the major leagues. Not my decision.

What?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

8 balls, 1 strike. Ugly. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Bard says 'he isn't worried' about his poor performance.  That makes one person and counting .  :P

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Bard will most likely get released very soon. Farrell has shown that he has little patience for incompetence. Bard was ruined by Cherington's efforts to turn him into a SP over the objections of Bobby Valentine. In this instance, Valentine was right: Bard is now completely ruined. When you enter a game up five runs and walk the first two guys you face its the exclamation point for failure. Good bye Daniel Bard!