Welcome to 3rd Base Brock Holt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Welcome to 3rd Base Brock Holt?

Brock Holt getting called up for 3rd being reported from WEEI.com.Here's a link to the whole article:

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/07/31/sources-red-sox-replacing-jose-iglesias-with-brock-holt-for-time-being/

According to a team source, the Red Sox will be promoting infielder Brock Holt to take the place of newly traded Jose Iglesias on the team’s 25-man roster Wednesday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Welcome to 3rd Base Brock Holt?

Only a temporary move. It'll be, or should be, Middy or bogey sometime in early August.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

NO no no no no I think Holt was coming up anyways.  They really had no one to back up Pedrioa at 2nd, which tenchnically Iggy probably could have if Pedrioa went down but he was needed for 3rd or SS.  With Iglesias gone the Sox have NO back up 2nd baseman no back up short stop and no back up 3rd baseman (Synder is now).  Holt was brought up to be the utility guy....I still think that Bogaerts comes up some time before the end of this week to replace Snyder.

It's happening.....get ready. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Only a temporary move. It'll be, or should be, Middy or bogey sometime in early August.

It may be temporary for Holt at third he probably stays with the Sox as the super sub but I think Young will be here for Thursday night's game. I see him being moved to Sox, Texas, Yankees or Baltimore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

[QUOTE]

It may be temporary for Holt but I think Young will be here for Thursay night's game. I see him being moved to Sox, Texas, Yankees or Baltimore.

[/QUOTE]

That was my thinking too.Maybe the Sox are expecting to make a deal for Young to add another veteran player for the stretch run and playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Too many questions with those guys. In a penant run you need a veteran presence not rookies that (Middlebrooks) are trying to work through their struggles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ben Charrington has said that the Red Sox are "done making moves"

I'd say this means they will solve their 3rd base options from withing.

love it or hate....that's how it is. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

NO no no no no I think Holt was coming up anyways.  They really had no one to back up Pedrioa at 2nd, which tenchnically Iggy probably could have if Pedrioa went down but he was needed for 3rd or SS.  With Iglesias gone the Sox have NO back up 2nd baseman no back up short stop and no back up 3rd baseman (Synder is now).  Holt was brought up to be the utility guy....I still think that Bogaerts comes up some time before the end of this week to replace Snyder.

It's happening.....get ready. 

aGREE, AS i DON'T THINK ben IS DONE YET WITH SOME MORE MOVES.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We got a SP and  relief pitcher back in the deal and now we are adding Workman/Britton to the pen with Morales back in the picture and more depth in Pawtucket.  If Buchholz comes back and Boagerts/Middlebrooks at value on the left side of the infield this team is all set.  There really isn't a move that make sense at this time other than an upgrade e.g. trading Salty for a better catcher.

But honestly moves like that are better suited for the offseason.  I really think when Ben Charingon said "we are done making moves" he was telling the truth. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I know he said that,but I'm wondering if he really means it.I personally think that the 3rd base need could be filled by Middlebrooks or Bogearts,but Cherrington might want to bring in a more experienced player.That's just a possibility,but I'm not sure that's the case.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

[QUOTE]

I know he said that,but I'm wondering if he really means it.I personally think that the 3rd base need could be filled by Middlebrooks or Bogearts,but Cherrington might want to bring in a more experienced player.That's just a possibility,but I'm not sure that's the case.

[/QUOTE]

I guess I wouldn't be completely shocked if they brough in Young....but I kind of would.  It really seems like they are ready to bring Bogaerts up.  They've been giving him much more time over at third and he's really been doing nothing to show he isn't ready.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

If the team thinks Bogaerts is a viable option at SS in the long (or even short) term, why jerk him around? Put him at short when he's called up and move Drew to third if necessary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All possibilies are on the table right now.

I dont care what Ben said. hes not going to show his hand if he is possibly working on a deal for someone like Young.

Middy or Bogey could easlity be brough back up and Holt move to UI officially.

All these questions should be answered today, or at least by tomorrow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

If the team thinks Bogaerts is a viable option at SS in the long (or even short) term, why jerk him around? Put him at short when he's called up and move Drew to third if necessary.

Bogey will be at 3b if he comes up. theyre not moving a vet over to a position hes bever played for a playoff run. Whoever gets called up or traded for it will be to secure the 3b vacancy in Boston. Drew will remain at SS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Bogey will be at 3b if he comes up. theyre not moving a vet over to a position hes bever played for a playoff run. Whoever gets called up or traded for it will be to secure the 3b vacancy in Boston. Drew will remain at SS.

Realistically, you are correct. In this case I'd prefer to see the team's future star take precedence over the veteran of middling performance playing out a 1-year deal (again, presuming Xander comes up at some point), but I know it does not work that way.

Sections
Shortcuts