Welcome to the club Grady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Welcome to the club Grady

You, sir, are now officially in the club.  Sure, you are already wearing the uniform - fantastic job with your comeback by the way - but, for us psycho sox fans, there really is nothing better than the first time a newbie comes into Yankee Stadium and beats the Bronx Bombers, bringing the also psycho Yankee fans to silence, hearing the boisterous and embattled voices of the drunken sox fans ring defiantly through the Bronx night - though admittedly, with all the empty seats in that place, it is not the feat it once was.  But I digress.  Mr. Sizemore, you can sign your name in the book.  Welcome, Yankee Killer.

- speaking of newbie feats in Yankee stadium, Taz reminded me last night of that first call up Totally Nails outing he had when he first came up.  That was the reason that many including myself always held that he would someday be money in Boston, even as he languished in Pawtucket the next couple years working out his technique.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Welcome to the club Grady

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

You, sir, are now officially in the club.  Sure, you are already wearing the uniform - fantastic job with your comeback by the way - but, for us psycho sox fans, there really is nothing better than the first time a newbie comes into Yankee Stadium and beats the Bronx Bombers, bringing the also psycho Yankee fans to silence, hearing the boisterous and embattled voices of the drunken sox fans ring defiantly through the Bronx night - though admittedly, with all the empty seats in that place, it is not the feat it once was.  But I digress.  Mr. Sizemore, you can sign your name in the book.  Welcome, Yankee Killer.

- speaking of newbie feats in Yankee stadium, Taz reminded me last night of that first call up Totally Nails outing he had when he first came up.  That was the reason that many including myself always held that he would someday be money in Boston, even as he languished in Pawtucket the next couple years working out his technique.

Yes, congrats, Grady. And FTR AJ contributing in a big moment must have felt great as well. New guys must feel that pressure to show up more than others.

Your thread, however, has too many negative Yankee references to fly here on this "Red Sox" board. jsyk

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Got no couth

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

At least we can be comforted with the fact that regardless of Grady's performance and the importance of the game he will find time on the pine for a day game that follows a night game.

Thankfully we have Carp... he's gotta get his swings in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As Sizemore grows in popularity, I want to caution any female fans against calling themselves, at any point "Gradys Ladies". Cleveland women used that moniker once upon a time, I remember seeing a group of them in Fenway.

Why shouldn't you adopt it? Because it took me all of 5 seconds to turn it into "Sizemores W hores", and I suspect other people would make that connection in short order.

It would be unbelievably lucky if he could play say, 109 games. No, make that 110. 110 would make me happy.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt anything would make you happy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]DAD & Bill-806  CONCUR  !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Resting Grady yesterday was probably the right thing to do.  He's been a huge success so far, so no need to get greedy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice post.  He has been a success story and he is fun to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Resting Grady yesterday was probably the right thing to do.  He's been a huge success so far, so no need to get greedy. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes you are correct.. But the training wheels will have to come off. The reason being JBJ has done nothing so far, yes he had a good game and gets some hits here and there but is a disaster at the plate when he is not walking. We ate going to need Grady tolay more then three times a week. If not we have a hole at lead off yes I know he his hitting fifth but for how long. SV can do it but is he going to be healthy or will he be on tne DL2-3 times. They need to get WB back to because Herrera can't handle third. Pedrioa needs to get going as well, he is in a big time slump. Now on the + side the pitching is fine . The pen if Koji is fine that will be good. If mujica has to close that will be ok for the time being. My guess if Koji goes on tne DL today which is more then likely Workman gets called up. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As Sizemore grows in popularity, I want to caution any female fans against calling themselves, at any point "Gradys Ladies". Cleveland women used that moniker once upon a time, I remember seeing a group of them in Fenway.

Why shouldn't you adopt it? Because it took me all of 5 seconds to turn it into "Sizemores W hores", and I suspect other people would make that connection in short order.

It would be unbelievably lucky if he could play say, 109 games. No, make that 110. 110 would make me happy.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt anything would make you happy.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting opinion to form after 7 days of posting.

Oh, right...you're one of those people frequently banned who then points out supposed flaws in others...

Do they not sell mirrors around you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice thread Space.  What an awesome moment for Grady!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he can stay healthy and contribute all season.  How can anyone not pull for this guy?