WELFARE SCHILL files for bankruptcy and has the feds on his case! he owes between 100-500m! should he leave ESPN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?

I love Schilling, but the gov't should not be in the business of being a venture capitalist unless there are overwhelming circumstances.  I didn't care for bailing out the banks and GM, but understood the befits.  Bailing out a video game compnay I don't understand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?

In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?:
    [QUOTE]I love Schilling, but the gov't should not be in the business of being a venture capitalist unless there are overwhelming circumstances.  I didn't care for bailing out the banks and GM, but understood the befits.  Bailing out a video game compnay I don't understand.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

They didn't bail out Ford who is doing better than Chrysler and GM.

They should have let GM bankrupt and restructure, they would have downsized and survived.

The Union pension plans were and still are the problem now backed by the US taxpayers. This problem will erupt once again.

Look what we have now the policies of GM being dictated by Obama, look at the fiasco known as the Volt. Which no one can afford, which no one bought.

The Democrats want us all driving clown cars.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Imagine all the life-long Rhode Islanders who applied for a business loan, say for around 100k or perhaps even 25K, and many were already in business wanting to expand while the others were start-ups.... DENIED. But here you go Schilling here is tens of millions of dollars for your viseo game company. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?:
    [QUOTE]Imagine all the life-long Rhode Islanders who applied for a business loan, say for around 100k or perhaps even 25K, and many were already in business wanting to expand while the others were start-ups.... DENIED. But here you go Schilling here is tens of millions of dollars for your viseo game company. 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

How do you know any were denied? Are you on the committee of he banks who give out such loans or the one for the state of RI?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : How do you know any were denied? Are you on the committee of he banks who give out such loans or the one for the state of RI?
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]
    Maybe they outsource that commitee to Cambodia?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]I love Schilling, but the gov't should not be in the business of being a venture capitalist unless there are overwhelming circumstances.  I didn't care for bailing out the banks and GM, but understood the befits.  Bailing out a video game compnay I don't understand.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]
    I agree and I don't think a bailout will happen in this case.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : How do you know any were denied? Are you on the committee of he banks who give out such loans or the one for the state of RI?
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Your right Jim, everyone who applied for a business loan in Rhode Island got it, in fact I am going to fly back to RI and apply for a loan now. Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Barney Frankfurter is a blowhard, not Schilling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

First, Timothy Geithner was chosen to be the Treasury Secretary before the 2008 election was decided.  He would have been appointed had McCain won, as well.  Read up on this...it is true.

Second, there is plenty about Obama's fiscal policies I object to; in particular he has been much too friendly to big business and failing banks for my taste.  But this thread is about whether Curt Schilling, who has always supported right wing positions, including an anti-bailout stance, deserves a taxpayer bailout now that his firm is in financial dire straits.  And whether that is the height of hypocrisy.  To which I say, no and yes, in that order.

Lastly, there has been a lot of finger pointing (straight from the Republican play-book, by the way) at immoral behavior of the opponent (Democratic politicians) to obfuscate the original point Contrarian was and still is making.  Neither party has the moral high ground on sexual behavior.  And neither ever has.  But I cannot let these Republican examples escape the scrutiny ThatWasMe is so eager to dole out.

And this list is of the kind of fraud taxpayers should really be concerned about (I appreciate everyone's right to be disgusted by immoral and deviant sexual behavior, but worry when that becomes more important than breaking laws that directly affect the ability to perform the duties they were voted or appointed to perform, and the resulting distrust of government their behavior engenders):

Scooter Libby -- convicted on four felony counts for outing a CIA operative.
    Duke Cunningham -- former Republican congressman serving 8 years in prison for taking $2.4 million in bribes from defense contractors.
    Jack Abramoff -- serving 6 years for taking bribes and passing them onto top Republican congressmen.
    Tom Delay -- Law-maker turned law-breaker forced to resign after being indicted on campaign finance conspiracy charges.
    Claude Allen -- Bush's former top domestic policy adviser, who was caught using fake receipts to "return" $5,000 worth of merchandise to Target (and other stores) he had never purchased.

If you just want to talk about morally reprehensible people and their hypocritical positions, Gingrich, Limbaugh, Giuliani, O'Reilly, none hold a candle to Jerry Falwell and Tammy Faye Baker's wonderful husband, Jim Baker.  But none of their hypocritical acts and sexual dalliances and immoral positions really affects us as taxpayers.  We should be worrying about the scum bags of government and politicians who do.  And Curt Schilling has now become one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?

In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : I used wiki to show how ridiculous your comments were and continue to be. Your points about halliburton prove what? That iraq needed to be rebuilt? Who else in the world was up for the job Solyndra? Should we have awarded the contract to a chinese or Russian company? I would venture to say Halliburton employs hundreds of thousands of Americans world wide. This is kind of like the demonization by this current administration of the oil industry who currently employs 9 million Americans.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Americas the largest export  was fuel(gasoline, diesel and jet fuel)  in 2011

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?

In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : The Solar market? What are you talking about? The market will drive the solar market not a politician not barack Obama. King oil got us to where we are and still rules. The US is the richest country on the planet in natural resources, oil, natural gas and coal it's this president and his idealogues who have taken us down the same the road Jimmy Carter tried to. Conservation wind and solar. We are not Denmark we are the most highly industrialized nation in the world and we got there using our natural resources not with wind and solar.. I am all for alternate energies but it will be the private sector that developes that technology and gets the cost down not Obama or any other politician wasting our tax dollars. Solar is not there yet, solar and wind wont get a jet off the ground or power our factories or employ great numbers of our population getting energy to market. 9 million employed in the oil market alone the natural gas and oil boom is the fastest growing sector of our economy not solar or wind.

I guess it's President Obama's fault that our oil and gas sector is booming.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : Your right Jim, everyone who applied for a business loan in Rhode Island got it, in fact I am going to fly back to RI and apply for a loan now. Thanks.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I did not say they did but you did say they didn't. How dumb are you that you wrote that and put words into my comment. Learn to read and understand. Stop making self serving comments to support you unfounded comments

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Tax expenditures are spending.

The exclusion of health care premiums from taxable income=spending
      Oil and gas subsidies=spending.
      Earned Income Credit=spending.
      Tax breaks for manufactures=spending.
      Home Mortgage Interest deduction=spending.
      Child tax credit=spending.

The list could go on and on.

This country will soon have to decide what our priorities are and what role government should play.

Subsidizing a video game company to get it to bring jobs, jobs, jobs across state lines with so much money seems to be  ridiculous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? :   I guess it's President Obama's fault that our oil and gas sector is booming.
    Posted by vtfanofcs[/QUOTE]

On the contrary. Absolutely not what it should or could be. We could be powering our economy on domestic energy if not for Obama.

Almost all the expansion of hydrofracking and the boom of oil and natural gas is is taking place on private lands those that are are on Govt. lands are with permits from the Bush administration.

It takes about 10 years after a permit is granted for the wells to become productive.

The Obama administration has pretty much shut down new permits on Government land for new wells of oil and natural gas and permits for off shore oil exploration.

Although in his speechs Obama claims that the production of natural gas is at it's all time high and oil is booming but this is all inspite of him. Truth be known if it is taking place on Govt. land it's Bushs' fault.

Obama and his EPA has shut down the developement in domestic energy in three and half years. Coal, Oil and natural gas not to mention the Keystone XL pipe line that would have brought Canadian oil to the US refineries creating an estimated 100, 000 jobs a move that has ticked off his union base.

This president has basically shut down the domestic energy production in lieu of solar and wind. 

A few months back Obama said algae was the energy source of the future.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203918304577241623995642182.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : On the contrary. Almost all the expansion of hydrofracking and the boom of oil and natural gas is is taking place on private lands those that are are on Govt. lands are with permits from the Bush administration. It takes about 10 years after a permit is granted for the wells to become productive. The Obama administration has pretty much shut down new permits on Government land for new wells of oil and natural gas and permits off shore oil exploration. Although in his speechs Obama claims that the production of natural gas is at it's levels evel and oil is booming but this is all inspite of him. He has shut down the developement in domestic energy in three and half years. Coal, Oil and natural gas not to mention the Keystone XL pipe line that would have brought Canadian oil to the US refineries creating an estimated 100, 000 jobs a move that has ticked off his union base. This president has basically shut down the domestic energy production in lieue of solar and wind a few months back he said algae was the energy source of the future. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203918304577241623995642182.html

Pure Fox News drivel.

The facts are the facts: crude production in the US has increased three straight years.  The Natural gas industries biggest problem is getting a good price to sell their product in glutted market. Obviously President Obama has not shut down the Oil and gas industry.

The Keystone pipeline will not create anywhere near 100,000 jobs.  Way off base.

46 million acres of government leases are lying unused and permitting has not stopped.

Fracking has effected the industry.  Bush did not invent it and Obama has not stopped it.  George W's biggest contribution to the equation was starting a war in Iraq causing crude prices to rise.  High crude prices create incentive to drill.

Oil companies go where the oil is easiest to get.  Alaska has been declining for many years.  North Dakota and Texas are booming. 

Gasoline will continue to be exported to the highest bidder.  Oil companies are loyal to their bottom lines not the country. 

Gasoline prices at the pump soared under George W..  We still have not met the highs reached before the Great Republican Recession.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? :     Pure Fox News drivel. The facts are the facts: crude production in the US has increased three straight years.  The Natural gas industries biggest problem is getting a good price to sell their product in glutted market. Obviously President Obama has not shut down the Oil and gas industry. The Keystone pipeline will not create anywhere near 100,000 jobs.  Way off base.    46 million acres of government leases are lying unused and permitting has not stopped.   Fracking has effected the industry.  Bush did not invent it and Obama has not stopped it.  George W's biggest contribution to the equation was starting a war in Iraq causing crude price to rise.  High crude prices create incentive to drill.   Oil companies go where the oil is easiest to get.  Alaska has been declining for many years.  North Dakota and Texas are booming.    Gasoline will continue to be exported to the highest bidder.  Oil companies are loyal to their bottom lines not the country.

Obviously you didn't read the link I provided from the WSJ.

Yeah domestic oil is surging because of hyfrofracking in N. Dakota and Texas on private lands not on federal lands, both states are booming and their budgets in the black because of it.

Two bills one in the house another in the senate to provide incentives to get the trucking industry off of foreign oil and converted onto domesticated liquid natural gas have been ignored by obama for three years.

He was too busy getting 30 million of his constituents on free health care.

Nice to have opinions but it really helps if you know what you are talking about because you do not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? :     Pure Fox News drivel. The facts are the facts: crude production in the US has increased three straight years.  The Natural gas industries biggest problem is getting a good price to sell their product in glutted market. Obviously President Obama has not shut down the Oil and gas industry. The Keystone pipeline will not create anywhere near 100,000 jobs.  Way off base.    46 million acres of government leases are lying unused and permitting has not stopped.   Fracking has effected the industry.  Bush did not invent it and Obama has not stopped it.  George W's biggest contribution to the equation was starting a war in Iraq causing crude prices to rise.  High crude prices create incentive to drill.   Oil companies go where the oil is easiest to get.  Alaska has been declining for many years.  North Dakota and Texas are booming.    Gasoline will continue to be exported to the highest bidder.  Oil companies are loyal to their bottom lines not the country.    Gasoline prices at the pump soared under George W..  We still have not met the highs reached before the Great Republican Recession.

Keystone pipeline: How many jobs really at stake?

U.S. Chamber of Commerce claiming it could create 250,000 permanent U.S. jobs.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-57361212/keystone-pipeline-how-many-jobs-really-at-stake/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

This president has basically shut down the domestic energy production in lieu of solar and wind.

As vtfanofcs pointed out, this is absolute poppycock.  Maybe Fox News is trying to sell this as fact, in another Republican/Right-wing play-book strategy--tell a lie often enough, loud enough and long enough and people will believe it, but there is absolutely no evidence to support such a ridiculous claim. 

In fact, the opposite is true.  Domestic Oil, Coal and Natural gas production is higher now than during Bush's reign.  Which is why environmentalists are very unhappy with Obama, who has sat by while the EPA has been eviscerated by Congress, and has watched over the increased production and use of the three main contributors to the manmade increase in CO2 levels that worries every reputable environmental scientist on the planet. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? :     Pure Fox News drivel. The facts are the facts: crude production in the US has increased three straight years.  The Natural gas industries biggest problem is getting a good price to sell their product in glutted market. Obviously President Obama has not shut down the Oil and gas industry. The Keystone pipeline will not create anywhere near 100,000 jobs.  Way off base.    46 million acres of government leases are lying unused and permitting has not stopped.   Fracking has effected the industry.  Bush did not invent it and Obama has not stopped it.  George W's biggest contribution to the equation was starting a war in Iraq causing crude prices to rise.  High crude prices create incentive to drill.   Oil companies go where the oil is easiest to get.  Alaska has been declining for many years.  North Dakota and Texas are booming.    Gasoline will continue to be exported to the highest bidder.  Oil companies are loyal to their bottom lines not the country.    Gasoline prices at the pump soared under George W..  We still have not met the highs reached before the Great Republican Recession.

Oil production in Alaska is down because they cannot get permits on govt. land.

Drilling on the north slope held up by the Democrats for the past twenty years I don't know where you get your news from pal but it sure looks like you make it up as you go along.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2008/September/The-ANWR-Debate---To-Drill-or-Not-to-Drill-/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]This president has basically shut down the domestic energy production in lieu of solar and wind. As vtfanofcs pointed out, this is absolute poppycock.  Maybe Fox News is trying to sell this as fact, in another Republican/Right-wing play-book strategy--tell a lie often enough, loud enough and long enough and people will believe it, but there is absolutely no evidence to support such a ridiculous claim.  In fact, the opposite is true.  Domestic Oil, Coal and Natural gas production is higher now than during Bush's reign.  Which is why environmentalists are very unhappy with Obama, who has sat by while the EPA has been eviscerated by Congress, and has watched over the increased production and use of the three main contributors to the manmade increase in CO2 levels that worries every reputable environmental scientist on the planet. 
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with you people?

Yeah production is up but because of the wells on private lands. Permits for gov't lands is at an all time low.

Far lower than any administration in the past twenty years.

Any drilling on govt. land being done today is being done because of permits that were given 10 years ago. It takes ten years for a well to come to market.

Obama has had nothing to do with the current boom.

Obama is fos and apparently you kool aide drinkers are slugging it down.

Read the article and link i provided, he has shut down drilling but lies through his teeth when taking credit for today's production, it is going on despite Obama.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : Obviously you didn't read the link I provided from the WSJ. Yeah domestic oil is surging because of hyfrofracking in N. Dakota and Texas on private lands not on federal lands, both states are booming and their budgets in the black because of it. Two bills one in the house another in the senate to provide incentives to get the trucking industry off of foreign oil and converted onto domesticated liquid natural gas have been ignored by obama for three years. He was too busy getting 30 million of his constituents on free health care. Nice to have opinions but it really helps if you know what you are talking about because you do not.

Yes, I did read the link and it was garbage.  A worthless Republican screed with no intelligent content.  Obviously you do not know what you are talking about and relying on garbage sources that tell you what you want to hear provides a clue as to why.

Crude production has surged-period. 

President Obama is in favor of expanded use of natural gas in trucking.  Congress has done nothing.  Maybe they should put something on his desk.  We're already producing the natural gas.  Obiously you don't know what you're blathering about.

You're attempt to add fairy tale jibberish about the Affordable Health Care Act, an unrelated subject, demonstrates that you are not interested in intelligent conversation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : What is wrong with you people? Yeah production is up but because of the wells on private lands. Permits for gov't lands is at an all time low. Far lower than any administration in the past twenty years. Any drilling on govt. land being done today is being done because of permits that were given 10 years ago. It takes ten years for a well to come to market. Obama has had nothing to do with the current boom. Obama is fos and apparently you kool aide drinkers are slugging it down. Read the article and link i provided, he has shut down drilling but lies through his teeth when taking credit for today's production, it is going on despite Obama.
      Your post is completely fabricated containing nothing your false beliefs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? :   Yes, I did read the link and it was garbage.  A worthless Republican screed with no intelligent content.  Obviously you do not know what you are talking about and relying on garbage sources that tell you what you want to hear provides a clue as to why.   Crude production has surged-period.    President Obama is in favor of expanded use of natural gas in trucking.  Congress has done nothing.  Maybe they should put something on his desk.  We're already producing the natural gas.  Obiously you don't know what you're blathering about.  You're attempt to add fairy tale jibberish about the Affordable Health Care Act, an unrelated subject, demonstrates that you are not interested in intelligent conversation.

I'm an independent.

Obama is for natural gas what has he done in 3 1/2 years to get us off foreign oil and converted onto domestic natural gas?

Sunk billions into green energy?

There are 2 bills in congress he has ignored for 3 1/2 years getting the trucking industry onto natural gas.

He had a democrat house and senate for 2 years he could have pushed it through if he wanted it.

Jim Cramer (a Democrat) has been talking about it on his CSNBC show for three years ripping Obama for ignoring it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

ThatWasMe,  are you a member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce--one of the nation's biggest contributors to the Right-wing politcal agenda? 

In the interest of truth and disclosure, the U.S. Chamber of Congress is one of the largest contributors to the Republican party of any organization in the country, and is one of the main lobbyists preventing Dodd-Frank from being enforced, along with working to prevent the resurrection of Glass-Steagall (having fought so hard during the Clinton years to have it repealed); the one act that ought to be reinstated in order to prevent another bubble and financial collapse (JP Morgan Chase anyone?).

Sections
Shortcuts