Well BEN, back to the drawing board with you starting pitching......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Well BEN, back to the drawing board with you starting pitching......

Well said Billy.  Ben, you starting pitching is not a good idea.

Finally, lil' billy is on to something.  ;)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

When you bring the "kids" up and they arent ready, what happened to Webster last time out is what you get. Maybe they will let RDLR try and give them 5-6IP since he does have some innings in MLB under his belt. He usually walks a lot of guys though. This is why this is a bridge year. A lot of prospects are just about ready, but not quite yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Because youth is youth and has things to learn.

Needs time to develop....... >TRUTH

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Ok Bill, if you and ADG and Georom and the other backbiting whiners will PROMISE to keep quiet, refrain from carping and squealing.........when the inevitable bumps in the road and failures take place at first........we'll do it.

Give Workman, De La Rosa, and Webster some starts, move Ranaudo and maybe Britton up to Pawtucket, etc.

Do we put both Buchholz and Lester on the D.L. ?  Leaving Lackey as only trustworthy reliable starter ?

Don't scream if we temporarily drop out of first place then.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yes, as soon as somebody starts to struggle, lets replace him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i hope we acquire Lee but DONT give up one of our starters...I would be OK unloading any pitching prospect for LEE...

As always - 100% correct!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bill-806 is what he is, a consistent over-reactor.   He now wants to dump virtually the entire rotation, presumably because of losing 3 of 4 at Camden Yards to the heavy-hitting Orioles who have only scored the 2d most runs in the AL (to the Sox who have scored the most). 

In those four games the Sox gave up an average of 4.25 runs, which is below what the Orioles have scored per game this season.  Moreover, one of those games went 13 innings--an extra 4 which probably brings the ERA, which is based on 9 inning games, down to about 4.  And they did this without their best starter Buchholz.  In the middle two games, which the Sox split, the bullpen only had to pitch 1.1 innings because first Dempster and then Lackey went roughly 8 innings apiece. 

If there was a systemic problem in this series, it was with the hitting, not the pitching.  It amazes me how Bill-806 can be so consistently wrongheaded. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Lester ???   Buch, out again ???  Doubront, 5 innings & 100 pitches ???    We have young arms down on the farm , how long to they have to stay ????     >RESPECT

Hmm ... so how did Allan Webster work out for you the last time out. Oh yeah ... he got shelled. Maybe because pitching in the minors isn't the same as pitching in the majors, and maybe ... I know it's a farfetched idea -- just maybe, it might be a good idea to bring the kids along at a reasonable pace instead of making panic moves any time a team hits a bump in the road.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bill-806, I suspect your vision of the game is the Sox are worthless when they can't play 1.000 baseball, that is, win every game.  My vision is that the Sox have so had an amazing season given how last season ended.  We're getting close to the mid-way point in the 2013 season, and the Sox are tied with Oakland for the best record in the AL and are first in the AL East.  Meanwhile your headline for this thread is "back to the drawing board," which basically means the Sox have no decent starting pitchers.  To me your vision and your statements don't connect to reality. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I would like to think that I have a VISION of the game !!!!     >RESPECT

Having visions again? Your meds, Bill. You've gotta takeyour meds. >HUMOR

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

I would like to think that I have a VISION of the game !!!!     >RESPECT

Apologies if this comes across as curt ....sir, you do not have vision of the game.  in fact, i would go so far as to say you have a serious LACK of vision for baseball.  your baseball acumen on this board is far below average.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

As DAD would say..............  "SON, just don't stand there, do something" !!!

On a personal note, did he say this specifically to you very often?

Sox4ever

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Ok Bill, if you and ADG and Georom and the other backbiting whiners will PROMISE to keep quiet, refrain from carping and squealing.........when the inevitable bumps in the road and failures take place at first........we'll do it.

Give Workman, De La Rosa, and Webster some starts, move Ranaudo and maybe Britton up to Pawtucket, etc.

Do we put both Buchholz and Lester on the D.L. ?  Leaving Lackey as only trustworthy reliable starter ?

Don't scream if we temporarily drop out of first place then.

Who said anything about droppng Buchholz from rotation? The point is he's been out for 9 days, he's throwing a bullpen tomorrow (10 days) and they will figure out the path from there. My argument is if at this point DL him. What will they gain if they don't DL him? They may gain a start one day earlier, but is that worth a roster spot?

Tuesday is day 10, Wed. is day 11, Thur is day 12, Fri is day 13, Sat is day 14 and Sun is day 15. They may also be short two bats for the doubleheader tomorrow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"U could not handle marbles Bozo."

At least Bill cares about the team and not just making fun of people for no reason. It's baffling the mods allow you to exist here. 

Bill - baseball is a long season not an instant gratfication experience. Even if you call up a kid you don't bench Lester. Not yet. The starting pitching has actualy been better 3-5 than most of us expected. 

Playing kids who are going to make mistakes (that's why they are called kids in case you didn't notice) is something you have to be careful about when you are in contention. 

My opinion is we do need some kind of top 3 experienced pitching talent to go far into the playoffs. That "kid" is not on the roster. In other words...

Time for a BLOCKBUSTAH!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I dont think there is a need for huge trades:

1. I don't believe BenC. pulls the trigger and goes after Lee.

2. I do think you could swap Lester to the Brewers for Gallarado. Maybe a little explanation--they are both having about the same kind of year--similar contracts--might be a good venue swap that both need.

3. I see the need for a change in closer. Internally Bailey needs to work more--we either win by more than three runs or we're losing. Bailey in the set-up role could pitch several times a week. Have Ue, Taz  and Miller share the closer role.

4. Trade Doubrount to a team like the Astros where lttle would be expected of him right away. He may have more time to develop--we have several guys better than he is right now that need a chance in Boston: Britton, Webster, Rubby, Ranaudo, Workman as the top candidates.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts