Well BEN, our bullpen is thin because it is decision time for one Stevie DREW........

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Well BEN, our bullpen is thin because it is decision time for one Stevie DREW........

Ben says "man, brilliant idea signing drew.  it really is blinding the sheep from how dreadful middlebrooks is"

FO = 1

Joe Red Sox Fan = 0

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Re: Well BEN, our bullpen is thin because it is decision time for one Stevie DREW........

crap...thought you were gone for good......why is your decision time for drew causing the bullpen to be thin.....makes 0 sence

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

crap...thought you were gone for good......why is your decision time for drew causing the bullpen to be thin.....makes 0 sence

"LET ME SPLAIN",  After 13 innings last night, all we had to show for it is a tired PEN and a game that should never have gone that far as IGGY's glove would have = a WIN ......  Just my opinion !!!

Or maybe Middy should have got that routine grounder that cost Doubie another dozen ppitches and another O's run that inning...Just a thought.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Wasn't it Middlebrooks who made the big error last night?  And doesn't Middlebrooks lead the team in errors with 9 (while Drew has committed just 1)?  And doesn't Drew have a higher OPS than Middlebrooks plus more runs scored and more rbi's?  Seems to me Bill-806 is once again barking up the wrong tree. 

I like Iglesias a lot and think he is brilliant at 3B or SS, but I've now seen him play a slew of games and can honestly say I have yet to see him make a single play that saved a run, let alone a game winning run. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Middlebrooks' act is getting very old. He is not producing with the bat and he is making too many errors. I would not give him much longer before I would send him down to AAA to work out his problems. There are alternatives to him.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

"LET ME SPLAIN",  After 13 innings last night, all we had to show for it is a tired PEN and a game that should never have gone that far as IGGY's glove would have = a WIN ......  Just my opinion !!!

Or maybe Middy should have got that routine grounder that cost Doubie another dozen ppitches and another O's run that inning...Just a thought.

Middy's looking at the ball he thought was foul instead of running, shows that his head is not totally in the game.  I have no doubt that iggy would have been running on contact.  Bill makes a pretty good point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Middlebrooks' act is getting very old. He is not producing with the bat and he is making too many errors. I would not give him much longer before I would send him down to AAA to work out his problems. There are alternatives to him.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

I am leaning this way.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

As  SOFTY would say,  "DAD & B-806, THERE ARE 9.5MIL REASONS WHY DREW IS STILL THE SS"  !!!!

This is the kind of thinking that makes me laugh. Drew is a streaky hitter, like most MLB players. He went almost a month with a 900+ OPS and is now 4-30 and hasnt hit well over the last couple weeks. His defense is still solid. Farrell has Iggy in there tonight against a RHP, which should make your 9.5M reasons nonsense seem ridiculous.

Iggy will get his playing time and Drew needs his time to get going again. If they are considering trading him, it does no good to leave him on the bench. Look at the BIG PICTURE instead of the small screen. Iggy is more accepting of his temporary role than some of you armchair GM's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If Drew was not on the team, we'd have Holt not another reliever.

Sox4ever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This must be the respect that BDC was talking about !!!!!"

So BDC talked to you about respect? 

That's good news...I'd love it if you could leave politics out of the forum and be more respectul to those whose views are different than yours. 

If BDC is now deleting Conan's name calling useless posts that is also good news. 

Bill as for your post, isn't your grip with Farrel in this case? I wasn't aware Ben made in-game decisions for the team. 

Drew has no trade value right now so it makes sense to let Farrel play the guys who are playing best, no?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

As  SOFTY would say,  "DAD & B-806, THERE ARE 9.5MIL REASONS WHY DREW IS STILL THE SS"  !!!!

Hey Will......do us a favor.  And you tell us why Ben would have signed Drew in the first place??  Seriously....take an HONEST stab at it.....

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Hey Will......do us a favor.  And you tell us why Ben would have signed Drew in the first place??  Seriously....take an HONEST stab at it.....

KINGFACE,  Thats easy........ In December, Ben didn't think that he gad a real  S S !!!!!   9.5MIL later,  ENJOY, SON !!!!!

I am enjoying Will......I'm loving this first place team!  Keep those Big boy pants on kid.....we're all watching......

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Two hits last night and got robbed on his first at bat or he would have had 3 hits.

It certainly looks like it is time to play Iglesias full time to me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

You have to understand, Drew does not matter because he is old.  He's like 30 or something.

Fans hate "depth."  The word sounds too much like "death."  Is there anythong good in the English language that sounds like "death"?

Also fans hate older players, especially those blocking youth and "potential", which is easily the most deceiving word in the English language.  "Potential" is that incredible beauty who agrees to go out with you, but after a fun (and rather expensive) evening, insists on a handshake at the door.

Fans cried "Get rid of Coco Crisp!! Get rid of Coco Crisp!! Ellsbury is better!! Ellsbury is better!"  And fans got their wish. Crisp was jettisoned for a mediocre reliever.  Ellsbury did have one spectacluar season in 2011, but has not been much better than Crisp since Coco left town. 

Fans cried "Get rid of Papelbon!! Get rid of Papelbon!! Bard is better!! Bard is better!!!"   Again, they got their wish, and the complimentary handshake at the door.  Not many admit they wanted Papelbon gone and that they knew Bard was NEEDED in that role, but it was a very common feeling on this board.

Fans cried "Get riof Loretta!! Get rid of Loretta!! Pedroia is better!! Pedroia is better!"   Actually, no one did, and it seemed like the consensus was Loretta should be retained as an insurance policy.   Interestingly, this is the one time the younger player really stood out over his predecessor, and also the one time no one had any faith in him.  

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

KINGFACE,  Thats easy........ In December, Ben didn't think that he gad a real  S S !!!!!   9.5MIL later,  ENJOY, SON !!!!!

Fans sure complain alot about the money Drew was paid, but how many complained about Iglesias .118 average last year?  He has received nearly the same amount of money from Boston as Drew...

Sections
Shortcuts