Well BEN, our bullpen is thin because it is decision time for one Stevie DREW........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Well BEN, our bullpen is thin because it is decision time for one Stevie DREW........

In response to notin's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

crap...thought you were gone for good......why is your decision time for drew causing the bullpen to be thin.....makes 0 sence

As  SOFTY would say,  "DAD & B-806, THERE ARE 9.5MIL REASONS WHY DREW IS STILL THE SS"  !!!!

Hey Will......do us a favor.  And you tell us why Ben would have signed Drew in the first place??  Seriously....take an HONEST stab at it.....

KINGFACE,  Thats easy........ In December, Ben didn't think that he gad a real  S S !!!!!   9.5MIL later,  ENJOY, SON !!!!!

Fans sure complain alot about the money Drew was paid, but how many complained about Iglesias .118 average last year?  He has received nearly the same amount of money from Boston as Drew...

Please Notin, stop making sense. It confuses some of our armchair GM's.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Well BEN, our bullpen is thin because it is decision time for one Stevie DREW........

crap...thought you were gone for good......why is your decision time for drew causing the bullpen to be thin.....makes 0 sence

"LET ME SPLAIN",  After 13 innings last night, all we had to show for it is a tired PEN and a game that should never have gone that far as IGGY's glove would have = a WIN ......  Just my opinion !!!

What are you talking about? Middlebrooks had an error in the fifth allowed the inning to continue, other than that what play didn't Drew get to? You are right Iggy should be playing at third base.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

"LET ME SPLAIN",  After 13 innings last night, all we had to show for it is a tired PEN and a game that should never have gone that far as IGGY's glove would have = a WIN ......  Just my opinion !!!

What are you talking about? Middlebrooks had an error in the fifth allowed the inning to continue, other than that what play didn't Drew get to? You are right Iggy should be playing at third base.

In a 9 inning game at SS,  Iggy will make 3 more plays than Drew, thats what I was talking about !!

Can you back that up with something concrete??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In a 9 inning game at SS,  Iggy will make 3 more plays than Drew, thats what I was talking about !!

That is not true. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

No he won't.   That's a ridiculous assumption, even for you.

Range Factor is putout and assists per game, so it is not one of those zone / judgement stats no one understands and therefore eschews.  Iglesias has a RF of 4.17 in MLB for his career, and a 4.18 in MiLB.   Drew has a career 4.17 in MLB, although he is well ahead of that pace this year.  He is around it over the last 3 years, so if we use that, it means Iglesias makes exactly the same number of plays as Iglesias per game.

Even if Iglesias is able to increase his RF (and I think he can), he will NEVER get to 7.18.  Iglesias is more likely to hit .400 over a full season than to make than to make 3 more plays per game than Drew.   Heck, Iglesias is more liekly to toss back-to-back no hitters than he is to average 3 more plays per game than Drew.  Even THAT has been done befre.

Thew record for plays per game by a SS is 6.747 by Bill Dahlen in 1897.

No one has ever appraoched 7.18, or even come close.  Even back to back no-hitters has been done once...

Sections
Shortcuts