Well done, Daisuke Matsuzaka

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Well done, Daisuke Matsuzaka

So can he be allowed or has he been allowed to revert back to his own ways? If not then I ask why not?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Well done, Daisuke Matsuzaka:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Daisuke Matsuzaka : Well, considering he allowed 6 runs in the 7th on Saturday, he was due to call a better game.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
    Joe E. Brown, who knew a lot about baseball, would have seen that the pitchers couldn't or didn't do what Salty wanted on Saturday but Dice-K did. Just out of curiosity, do you track pitches or just make stupid wisecracks?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Well done, Daisuke Matsuzaka:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Daisuke Matsuzaka : I don't know about the signals, but you're darn tootin' Salty gets some credit. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    After the game, Salty praised Dice-K, and then said, "We had to slow him down a little in the second." You could see that Salty was trying to regulate the pace to help his pitcher maintain a correct rhythm. He also made slow down and stay down signals with his glove.  He held the ball a tad longer a few times before returning it to the pitcher. When the pitcher's shoulder flew open, Salty stood up and mimicked the mistake. 
    On the hit by the lefty that beat the Sox on Saturday, Salty wanted the 0 and 2 pitch higher and more away. The batter had chased that pitch and struck out in his previous AB. But the pitcher did not get the ball high enough or wide enough. Bingle -- and the ball game.
    Dice-K got a strikeout in virtually the same situation because he did what he was told and rifled a FB up at the shoulders. Whiff. 
    The pitch-calling was impressive all day. Dice-K shook off a few pitches, but mostly he did what he was told, and did it very well. The calling set the batters up and Dice-K finished them off. It was great to watch. 
    Salty likes to talk up his pitchers after they've done well. I would be very surprised if the feeling is not mutual. In fact, we've already heard from some of them to that effect, including a departed one. After a rocky start, Lester made a point of explicitly blaming himself -- and he praised Salty.
    A nice game for the battery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I was always liked Dice-K fan, even when not many were Dice-K fans.  I hope he is re-signed. He'll be a decent #3-#5 starter. I'll always have a soft spot for those who helped win a WS here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

I really doubt Dice K will be here at the end of this season. after that performance, i really believe he will clear waivers and be traded this week.

Sections
Shortcuts