Well, Its official....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Well, Its official....

The Sox will finish will a record below .500 this year. It can, and will only get better from here IMO. An infusion of good young talent with a couple trades and a FA pickup or 2 for 2013.

This team now has payroll flexability and should be more selective with who they decide to spend it on and how much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Well, Its official....

But since that losing season in 1997, they picked up alot of great guys such as traded for Lowe/Veritek, Pedro Martinez, signed Manny/Damon, etc.

I know it took 7 years from that losing season to win a WS.  But they almost had it in 2003.  

So maybe it may be a good thing that they finally have a  losing season where they can try to rebuild the team with bunch of younger players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Yes, not fun being a Sox fan this year with a losing record, but lots of things went wrong (manager, injuries).  It should not take seven years to be competitive again.

A new manager alone should be worth 10-12 wins next year and fewer injuries might also be worth another 10-12 wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Yes, not fun being a Sox fan this year with a losing record, but lots of things went wrong (manager, injuries).  It should not take seven years to be competitive again.

A new manager alone should be worth 10-12 wins next year and fewer injuries might also be worth another 10-12 wins.

And the right moves by Ben C. such as to make a couple good trades, F/A signings could also give them another 10 to 12 wins!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

that's rough...a long string of winning baseball, ironically coinciding with the O's likely ending their losing seasons streak of the same duration..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

there's always hope that they win the next couple of games and then the Mayans were off by a couple months and the world ends.  this way they finish with winning record.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

uggh no edit.  not that they would finish with a winning record but that the season wouldnt count.

sigh....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I really dont think its going to be 3-4 years before were competitive again like some are saying. With the right moves it could be 2013...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I really dont think its going to be 3-4 years before were competitive again like some are saying. With the right moves it could be 2013...

The troll said maybe 2015...Sorry but unless JH sells to the team to Bill Gates, I think it will be a long haul...There is a Boston Red Sox stigma now (heavy media fan/scrutiny with potentially damaging results to one's career) that so many RSN fans seem to be in denial about...If they get a Josh Hamilton or Felix Hernandez next year,  all bets are off....But I think the Yanks have a better chance of winning it all this year ( highly unlikely) then that will ever happen. Maybe by 2015 things will come together, and they will be competitive...Shoot me now but I stand by my prediction.... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

And I stand behind mine as well...Time will tell...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

And I stand behind mine as well...Time will tell...

If new management comes in with megabucks to spare, southpaw777, the RS could turn it around next year...But since JH completed a fire sale with Beckett, Crawford, A-Gon and Punto (himself worth a decent prospect) and received minimal pitching in return (Rubby?), the future is not bright...And like I have noted ad nauseam, who wants to come to Boston...Not making friends on this site spouting the obvious (like a number of frank reality-grounded RSN fans), but it is the likely scenario, wishful fantasies notwithstanding,,,,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Lots of players wanted to come to Boston until Valentine got here as the manager and the season starting turning sour when Valentine crapped on Youkilis in public.  He has since only hurt the team more and more with his stupid mouth and some idiotic decisions, but once he is gone in about two weeks and a new manager is hired, there will again be players wanting to play for the Red Sox.

The Red Sox have had the second highest payroll for years (maybe third now), but money talks and players walk to where the money is talking.  Unless the Sox decide to not spend as they have in total dollars (hopefully they spend those dollars more wisely) there will be players coming to Boston.

Remember all of the termoil was not a problem for 7+ years with Francona in the manager's seat and he never said things that would possibly alienate future players.

Sections
Shortcuts