We're a sh1te team with no spark, period.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

We're a sh1te team with no spark, period.

Anyone think this teams going to the WS? If yes, why? 

I see not one sign of any heart in this group. Remember the Kevin Millar, Bill Bueller cowboy up days. Gonzalez has that apathetic look of JD "Icouldnt give a bollix" Drew. 

Crawford just cant hit, end of story. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbev97. Show kbev97's posts

Re: We're a sh1te team with no spark, period.

Don't ever send that dog to the Pound. I love that dog. I'll send you my email address.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

spark...good word, gotta remember it...bdc wont let you post  s p u n k...sorta wierd...had to scratch my head for a bit as to why that would be blocked...

and yeah, we definitely have no spark...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Read it while you can the post will more than likely be deleted. The manager is weak and it is refected in the team. NO LEADERSHIP. The sox need a change at the managers position and soon or this will be the lost season.

Geesh there has to be someone out there that can replace this lost manager.

In Response to Re: We're a sh1te team with no spark, period.:
    spark...good word, gotta remember it...bdc wont let you post  s p u n k...sorta wierd...had to scratch my head for a bit as to why that would be blocked... and yeah, we definitely have no spark...
    Posted by elvis-surfs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

unbelievable... you've got to be kidding me... we seem to major on failure... going back to the angels series... they actually gave us the first two games... if they would have taken the first two as they should have, we likely lose the next two on the basis we have no heart... I really thought the Angel series was the turn around... it appears to me I was gravely mistaken... how can we not score when we have bases loaded and no outs? How? Please explain this to me? We have bases loaded and no outs and we fail to push a run across? How? Someone has to step up and lead! Crawford killed us in the past and he is killing us now. Come on man... hit the ball!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

Read it while you can the post will more than likely be deleted. The manager is weak and it is refected in the team. NO LEADERSHIP. The sox need a change at the managers position and soon or this will be the lost season. Geesh there has to be someone out there that can replace this lost manager. In Response to Re: We're a sh1te team with no spark, period. :
    Posted by REDSOX-11

The RS have been in the playoffs almost every season and have won two WS under Francona. Half the team was on the DL last year and he actually kept the team competitive right to the end- impressive. Now he suddenly forgot how to manage? What was he doing then that he's not doing now? Does Mike Sciosia suck as a manager? The Angels had a rather poor showing last year, right?

Who do you replace Tito with?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: We're a sh1te team with no spark, period. : The RS have been in the playoffs almost every season and have won two WS under Francona. Half the team was on the DL last year and he actually kept the team competitive right to the end- impressive. Now he suddenly forgot how to manage? What was he doing then that he's not doing now? Does Mike Sciosia suck as a manager? The Angels had a rather poor showing last year, right? Who do you replace Tito with?
    Posted by TexWrecks

Wait for it ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGreatAnton7. Show TheGreatAnton7's posts

xbcbxb

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

and on may 4th what's your opinion of this sh!t team now?????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to We're a sh1te team with no spark, period.:
    Anyone think this teams going to the WS? If yes, why?  I see not one sign of any heart in this group. Remember the Kevin Millar, Bill Bueller cowboy up days. Gonzalez has that apathetic look of JD "Icouldnt give a bollix" Drew.  Crawford just cant hit, end of story. 
    Posted by jamesey271975

Crawford is a career 294 hitter in over 5000 at bats.  But yeah lets judge him on April 2011.  amazing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

You are a sh1te poster with no brains, period.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

My vote is in for this special Jamesy thread being the thread-to-be-bumped-all-summer-long-just-to-get-a-laugh for 2011.  there are other candidates, but this is to the point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I agree with the part about Drew.

Not the rest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Tough season so far, granted, but the OP is very wrongheaded.  Everyone on this team is busting their buns to win.  But the two primary skills--pitching accurately and hitting a round ball with a round bat squarely--needed to win MLB games don't rely so much on desire or energy as on skills, carefully refined skills at that.  But, if you want to see energy, review that recent scene when Carl Crawford's teammates mobbed him after a game-winning single.  Big deal for him and the team. 

As for spark, the Sox just beat three of the best pitchers in the AL in 2011--Haren and Weaver of LA and Hernandez of Seattle--in back to back to back games.  That's amazing.  That has to excite any decent Sox fan. 

The attack on Adrian Gonzalez is mindless.  He is a thorough professional who is great on offense and defense.  A clutch hitter and clutch fielder.  I think in the same game he fielded a grounder and threw across the diamond to nail an advancing runner even though Youk had to tag the guy--and also hit a big three run double off the wall in CF.  He knows how to play the game, but he likes to maintain a cool demeanor, which is fine with me.

Crawford could just be coming out of his slump.  Salty too.  Pedroia needs to, but will, as will Youk. Ellsbury and Ortiz look fine, and Drew is adequate.   The starting pitching has suddenly looked awfully good, but the bullpen is still a little scary.  But right now you can see that all the basic ingredients are there and coming together. 

4 games back of the Yankees, who are right now playing great ball.  And it's still very early in the season.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Debbie downer...period! stop complaining.

Look on the bright side, Beckett and Papelbon are back this year, Lester is throwing at a premiere level, and Buccholz pitched a gem today.  Your complaining about Gonzalez who is one of the best young hitters in the game after one month of play because why????? he doesn't yell and scream and hasn't hit 10 homeruns yet?  CRAWFORD is coming around, so he started the season in a slump...big name players start the season slow sometimes it happens.  He's hitting almost .400 so far in May.  Ortiz is off to a much better start than he has been in the past several years, and the team seems primed for a run.

Just remember that the season isn't over UNTILL ALL 162 games have been played.  Take a deep breath, use that thing called your memory, and try to recall past seasons of MLB.  I Guarantee you the standing today will not be the same in September.  Just sit back and enjoy the season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGreatAnton7. Show TheGreatAnton7's posts

fgk

Sections
Shortcuts