Werner calls out media, Globe, Shaughnessy for Ortiz column

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Werner calls out media, Globe, Shaughnessy for Ortiz column

But, it was OK to use the GLOBE to throw TITO under the bus on the way out the door !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

if Ortiz was on the juice he would have returned from injury a lot sooner than he did, also this just reeks of Shaugnessy stirring the pot to make people pay attention to him which is what he always does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

Shaughnessy's not accusing, he's asking the question.  That's journalism and that's what reporters do.  They ask questions.  Ortiz could have swatted the question away by saying, "Hey, no, I understand why you'd ask, but I'm doing this under my own power.  And I'm enjoying every minute of it."

And Werner doesn't help, because the Red Sox owners have less than zero credibility since it's clear they're in for the money first and foremost.  They need Papi to be clean because he's the face of the franchise, so to speak.  If Werner has something to say, let him hold a press conference and take questions.

The smart play would have been for Werner to shut up in the first place, and for Ortiz to have swatted it away with a big smile.  Now that they're so defensive, it makes you wonder if there might not be something to the story after all.

Agree with everything except I think it's a bit unfair to say they're in it for the money first and foremost.

Of course they want it to be profitable. They're like all owners. But they've put plenty of money in payroll, scouting, farm system, baseball ops and Fenway Park. They've done some incredibly stupid things the past couple of years, but it's unfair to say they're not commited to winning.

You're right in that Werner should have just kept his mouth shut.

sorry roy but I disagree about Tom Werner speaking up. He is a part owner of this club and is right in the know about all the daily reports (including PED testing results) and I'm sure that papi is quite happy knowing that his upper level execs have his back. I for one don't think for a second that papi is doing anything wrong. CHB needs a new profession. like going to the beach and digging for clams or seaworms.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

Maybe, instead of looking at the possibilities of PED ussage by Ortiz, we should look more in the direction of the pitchers lack of PED use. Many pitchers have lost velocity and stamina, which would make them more hittable, and Ortiz is taking advantage of it.  

Sections
Shortcuts