What a disappointment for Bill-806

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: What a disappointment for Bill-806

i must say...i am completely (and pleasantly) surprised at the red sox start this season.  it is far better than i had hoped.  the pitching has been obviously fantastic and hopefully they continue rolling along.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

BTW as we have seen with Ortiz going 0 for 20 in AAA means nothing as does going 15 for 20 in AAA.

BTW,  no "BIG PAPI" TONIGHT,  guess the don't want to expose the HEEL to the cold elements tonight @ the FENS !!!

sceduled day off

and rain in the forecast

meanwhile u talking out of your azz again

Day off?

When?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

What's up with all this bill bashing?  He's a nice old baseball guy who has an opinion just like everyone else.  If you disagree with is opinion just say so, you don't have to start a negative thread about him.

I believe we are all adults here. Why can't we agree and disagree without all the name calling?

I think this would be a better forum if all the baseball fans here would show a little more respect for one another.  Do unto others...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

What's up with all this bill bashing?  He's a nice old baseball guy who has an opinion just like everyone else.  If you disagree with is opinion just say so, you don't have to start a negative thread about him.

I believe we are all adults here. Why can't we agree and disagree without all the name calling?

I think this would be a better forum if all the baseball fans here would show a little more respect for one another.  Do unto others...

Hold it right there.  I entirely agree he is entitled to his opinion, but so am I.  And I started this thread because I'm tired of his constantly bashing the current team and players because Iglesias and Bradley are in the minors.  Despite his denials, he wants this team to lose because he wants Bradley and Iglesias brought back.  It's as simple as that and in my opinion very foolish for a real fan.  And I'm pretty sure he's younger than I am because I can remember studying Sox box scores in the Star & Stripes, European edition, in 1949. 

Ironically, I too love watching Bradley and Iglesias play for Boston, but I'm sensible and patient enough to wait for their return.  Meanwhile, I think the current team is vastly exceeding our expectations and a lot of fun to watch. 

As for name calling, I challenge you to find any in the OP.  But he doesn't hesitate to bash Ortiz at every turn, as he has just done on this thread.

Bill-806, if you are reading this, you might peek at the pregame stats provided by Peter Abraham.  There you will discover that in 48 at bats against Bartolo Colon Ortiz has 7 hits, but Gomes, who is starting at DH, hits him pretty good.  My guess is Ortiz gets the night off because of that,maybe because of the weather, and maybe because the Sox are so happy with his MLB hitting to date they don't want to risk re-injuring the heel.  More than that, I would ask you why in the wide, wide world of sports would you want Ortiz to play/hit badly or re-injure that heel?  Just so you can say, "I told you so?"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Hold it right there.  I entirely agree he is entitled to his opinion, but so am I.  And I started this thread because I'm tired of his constantly bashing the current team and players because Iglesias and Bradley are in the minors.  Despite his denials, he wants this team to lose because he wants Bradley and Iglesias brought back.  It's as simple as that and in my opinion very foolish for a real fan.  And I'm pretty sure he's younger than I am because I can remember studying Sox box scores in the Star & Stripes, European edition, in 1949. 

Ironically, I too love watching Bradley and Iglesias play for Boston, but I'm sensible and patient enough to wait for their return.  Meanwhile, I think the current team is vastly exceeding our expectations and a lot of fun to watch. 

As for name calling, I challenge you to find any in the OP.  But he doesn't hesitate to bash Ortiz at every turn, as he has just done on this thread.

Bill-806, if you are reading this, you might peek at the pregame stats provided by Peter Abraham.  There you will discover that in 48 at bats against Bartolo Colon Ortiz has 7 hits, but Gomes, who is starting at DH, hits him pretty good.  My guess is Ortiz gets the night off because of that,maybe because of the weather, and maybe because the Sox are so happy with his MLB hitting to date they don't want to risk re-injuring the heel.  More than that, I would ask you why in the wide, wide world of sports would you want Ortiz to play/hit badly or re-injure that heel?  Just so you can say, "I told you so?"

I don't agree with anyone who starts a negative thread about another person.  I have seen it done time and time again and I see no point.

If you disagree with him then have a back and forth with him or ignore him.  To start a thread to get other posters to agree with you and attack bill is just not right in my opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

BTW as we have seen with Ortiz going 0 for 20 in AAA means nothing as does going 15 for 20 in AAA.

BTW,  no "BIG PAPI" TONIGHT,  guess the don't want to expose the HEEL to the cold elements tonight @ the FENS !!!

or it might be that he has a .419 OPS vs colon and Gomes has a 1.000OPS vs colon...Just a thought.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

or it might be that he has a .419 OPS vs colon and Gomes has a 1.000OPS vs colon...Just a thought.

BOOOM Goes the Dynamite. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

hey, why don't all you buttholes lay off of my fellow veteran bill-806. for cripes sake guys. everybody's got an opinion........just like everybody's got a butthole. so do me a favor and leave the old swab alone. unless any of you so called experts ever served on a tin can as a united states navy sailor. hear my words posters: everybody has their own opinions just like they all a way to excrete internal waste. Bill is my friend. he has his own opnion and he is intitled to it. so fk off and get off his fkn back.

hammah out!

Problem is the thousands of threads started by bill since chicken gate. For almost a year it was hard to find a thread on the front page that was not authored by him, specifically where the subject matter was bashing a different sox player. Bill really brought this animosity onto himself through his own belligerent posts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

hey, why don't all you buttholes lay off of my fellow veteran bill-806. for cripes sake guys. everybody's got an opinion........just like everybody's got a butthole. so do me a favor and leave the old swab alone. unless any of you so called experts ever served on a tin can as a united states navy sailor. hear my words posters: everybody has their own opinions just like they all a way to excrete internal waste. Bill is my friend. he has his own opnion and he is intitled to it. so fk off and get off his fkn back.

hammah out!

First, it's not his opinion so much as how he chooses to express it. I don't understand why some can't understand that.

Beyond that, what you're saying is that you want us to respect bill but it's OK for bill to not respect the rest of us.

it's a two-way street. I used to defend bill's schtick and posted a number of times that the board was better with him. But over the last 18 months, he's changed. So when he starts respecting the board, I'll start respecting him. It really is that simple.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

hammah out!

so now your his bodygaurd? Spare me.

Ill keep doing what I do. state FACTS to dispute his posts. the tough guy routine is stale.

p.s.  Thank you for your service

Southie out

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

hammah out!

First, it's not his opinion so much as how he chooses to express it. I don't understand why some can't understand that.

Beyond that, what you're saying is that you want us to respect bill but it's OK for bill to not respect the rest of us.

it's a two-way street. I used to defend bill's schtick and posted a number of times that the board was better with him. But over the last 18 months, he's changed. So when he starts respecting the board, I'll start respecting him. It really is that simple.

Has anyone considered bill's age?  Maybe there's a reason he's changed, as people get older sometimes they change through no fault of their own.

May I suggest we cut him some slack.  This man has been a good poster and has served our country.  Why don't we just back off a bit.

If you want to do a back and forth with him that's fine but to pile on or start threads to attack him just isn't right.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

hammah out!

Has anyone considered bill's age?  Maybe there's a reason he's changed, as people get older sometimes they change through no fault of their own.

May I suggest we cut him some slack.  This man has been a good poster and has served our country.  Why don't we just back off a bit.

If you want to do a back and forth with him that's fine but to pile on or start threads to attack him just isn't right.

+1 lady. rock on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

hammah out!

+1 lady. rock on.

None of us are getting any younger!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It's just one more example of why a message board needs a moderator to keep people in line.  This place is a free-for-all.  You enter at your own risk.  I do agree that Bill has probably been taking a little more abuse than he deserves.  But people have tried to talk to him about cooling it in certain ways and he doesn't seem to get it.  Kind of an unfortunate situation really. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

hammah out!

I'VE NEVER STARTED A THREAD TO ATTACK ANYONE.

And -- except maybe once or twice, I've never attacked HIM with name-calling like he does. I've attacked his posts/opinions. This is a message board after all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Never mind BILL-806.......  How did ya boy ACEVES do last night ????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Sorry, gang, but I agree with the OP.  Bill-806 is absolutely entitled to his opinion, but he has consistently attacked this team, virtually wishing for and hoping for them to lose, because he thinks they have the wrong lineup.  And he is doing this at a time when they are tied for the best record in the AL. 

And, FWIW, you can serve your country without being in the US Navy, of which I hasten to add we should all be very proud.  But occasionally in its soon to be 238 years of history, the US Army has come in handy.  Nothing important, of course, but useful.  I did 31 years and retired over 20 years ago. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Sorry, gang, but I agree with the OP.  Bill-806 is absolutely entitled to his opinion, but he has consistently attacked this team, virtually wishing for and hoping for them to lose, because he thinks they have the wrong lineup.  And he is doing this at a time when they are tied for the best record in the AL. 

And, FWIW, you can serve your country without being in the US Navy, of which I hasten to add we should all be very proud.  But occasionally in its soon to be 238 years of history, the US Army has come in handy.  Nothing important, of course, but useful.  I did 31 years and retired over 20 years ago. 

And Thank You, young fella !!!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

At least BILL is a Sox fan. He has good intentions, but is at times led astray by clowns.

His side kick softy the clown is the pretender.