What a disappointment for Bill-806

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: What a disappointment for Bill-806

I like Bill very much.  I guess my issue is that, with so much rampant whining and negativity on the board, it really ruffles my feathers that one of the few fun-bringers on the board has turned so completely to the dark side.  Time was when Bill's light-hearted posts shed some easy-going good vibes amidst all of the vitriol and self-important posturing.  Now, for whatever reason, he has done a complete 180.  Its bad enough the bad vibes have driven away fun folk like Yoshimi and wise men like 5Katz.  Now we lose good-natured Bill-806, replaced by his Doppelganger.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

hey, why don't all you buttholes lay off of my fellow veteran bill-806. for cripes sake guys. everybody's got an opinion........just like everybody's got a butthole. so do me a favor and leave the old swab alone. unless any of you so called experts ever served on a tin can as a united states navy sailor. hear my words posters: everybody has their own opinions just like they all a way to excrete internal waste. Bill is my friend. he has his own opnion and he is intitled to it. so fk off and get off his fkn back.

hammah out!

First, it's not his opinion so much as how he chooses to express it. I don't understand why some can't understand that.

Beyond that, what you're saying is that you want us to respect bill but it's OK for bill to not respect the rest of us.

it's a two-way street. I used to defend bill's schtick and posted a number of times that the board was better with him. But over the last 18 months, he's changed. So when he starts respecting the board, I'll start respecting him. It really is that simple.

Has anyone considered bill's age?  Maybe there's a reason he's changed, as people get older sometimes they change through no fault of their own.

May I suggest we cut him some slack.  This man has been a good poster and has served our country.  Why don't we just back off a bit.

If you want to do a back and forth with him that's fine but to pile on or start threads to attack him just isn't right.

I'VE NEVER STARTED A THREAD TO ATTACK ANYONE.

And -- except maybe once or twice, I've never attacked HIM with name-calling like he does. I've attacked his posts/opinions. This is a message board after all.

Hi Roy,

I didn't mean to sugest that you started a thread to attack bill.  I was speaking in general terms.  I think we should understand that bill has been a valuable member of this board and that things may have changed for him.  We really don't know what happens in other people's lives.

I just would like to see people ease up a bit, that's all.  I really didn't mean you, I meant the general "you all" ;0)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I like Bill very much.  I guess my issue is that, with so much rampant whining and negativity on the board, it really ruffles my feathers that one of the few fun-bringers on the board has turned so completely to the dark side.  Time was when Bill's light-hearted posts shed some easy-going good vibes amidst all of the vitriol and self-important posturing.  Now, for whatever reason, he has done a complete 180.  Its bad enough the bad vibes have driven away fun folk like Yoshimi and wise men like 5Katz.  Now we lose good-natured Bill-806, replaced by his Doppelganger.  

As I said before, we don't know what goes on in peoples lives.  Bill ain't no kid!  We don't know what's happening with him.  As a nurse I understand as people age sometimes things change, thats all.

I do know that starting threads to attack him and ganging up on him isn't helping him.  I know I wouldn't want to be treated that way.

People leave the board for all sorts of reasons and they come back for all sorts of reasons. I leave during the off season because things get pretty negative, I think because there is really nothing to talk about.  I come back when the sox start back up. 

The best way, I think, to keep things positive is to ignore the negative posters.  I don't engage with softy because I know it won't end well even though I agree with alot of what he says.  Why bother?

Bill may be still upset by the last two years of terrible sox playing.  Give him some time, I bet he comes aroundWink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

YUCK!!!!  Another horrible 2-4 day for Papi with an RBI and a double!!  Why can't this slow poke get a HR!!  Batting .500 since coming back is not going to cut it!

BTW....I don't like Bill....never have...never will.  The guy does nothing for this place other than make bad predictions......

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

BTW as we have seen with Ortiz going 0 for 20 in AAA means nothing as does going 15 for 20 in AAA.

BTW,  no "BIG PAPI" TONIGHT,  guess the don't want to expose the HEEL to the cold elements tonight @ the FENS !!!

Papi's hiting .500 after todays win, and picked up another RBI.

Please tell us again about the faulty heel, and its impact on his performance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

hey, why don't all you buttholes lay off of my fellow veteran bill-806. for cripes sake guys. everybody's got an opinion........just like everybody's got a butthole. so do me a favor and leave the old swab alone. unless any of you so called experts ever served on a tin can as a united states navy sailor. hear my words posters: everybody has their own opinions just like they all a way to excrete internal waste. Bill is my friend. he has his own opnion and he is intitled to it. so fk off and get off his fkn back.

hammah out!

First, it's not his opinion so much as how he chooses to express it. I don't understand why some can't understand that.

Beyond that, what you're saying is that you want us to respect bill but it's OK for bill to not respect the rest of us.

it's a two-way street. I used to defend bill's schtick and posted a number of times that the board was better with him. But over the last 18 months, he's changed. So when he starts respecting the board, I'll start respecting him. It really is that simple.

Has anyone considered bill's age?  Maybe there's a reason he's changed, as people get older sometimes they change through no fault of their own.

May I suggest we cut him some slack.  This man has been a good poster and has served our country.  Why don't we just back off a bit.

If you want to do a back and forth with him that's fine but to pile on or start threads to attack him just isn't right.

I'VE NEVER STARTED A THREAD TO ATTACK ANYONE.

And -- except maybe once or twice, I've never attacked HIM with name-calling like he does. I've attacked his posts/opinions. This is a message board after all.

Hi Roy,

I didn't mean to sugest that you started a thread to attack bill.  I was speaking in general terms.  I think we should understand that bill has been a valuable member of this board and that things may have changed for him.  We really don't know what happens in other people's lives.

I just would like to see people ease up a bit, that's all.  I really didn't mean you, I meant the general "you all" ;0)

Fair enough.

It's all good.

I don't completely disagree with your post, but I do think respect goes both ways.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Agree. You hit it on the nose.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Sox win and Aceves is finally jettisoned out of town.  All is well.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So, all thats bad on this board is because of one BILL-806 ??? Please spare me !!!  Just the lib/left/soc/rad/enviro/moonbats trying to remove an "old man" who comes here to have FUN and play G M  & MANAGER of his BELOVED RED SOX........  Thank You to the posters who stood tall, and to the others, you should consider "slinking" your way off the board !!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

So, all thats bad on this board is because of one BILL-806 ??? Please spare me !!!  Just the lib/left/soc/rad/enviro/moonbats trying to remove an "old man" who comes here to have FUN and play G M  & MANAGER of his BELOVED RED SOX........  Thank You to the posters who stood tall, and to the others, you should consider "slinking" your way off the board !!!!

You are truly a waste.

BTW, I have noticed that other POSTERS have asked you the same question ....... "What exactly is your function on this board" ??????????  (as you make BILL-806 look good)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

"All thats bad".....No...not all.  A lot of it?  Yes.  Remember when you took off for a bit because of your racist remarks?  People cheered.  All you do is get political because it's all you (think you) know.  You start threads that pat yourself on the back and then you say it's being funny...when it's not.  You then attack every player on the team you claim to root for.  You do not pretend to be a GM....if you did you would offer some type of 'move'...instead of saying "trade drew" "Papi is done" "Blockbuster"..... 5 year old kids say the same thing.  Be an adult with an actual opinion for once and maybe people will respect you.