What a waste of Lester's start

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: What a waste of Lester's start

With fans like you ...

And it's not like Lester was great, or even all that good. Four walks in six innings, two of which really killed him in that sixth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Lester was O.K. at best 6 inn 3 runs, control was bad no Aroid either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Lester did not come through in big game once again. Was he horrible? No, but ace pitchers don't do what he did in the sixth in a game like this. I'll grant you it was magnified by the offense--which has been simply horrendous for the past two weeks or so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

IF YOU WANT TO LOOK FOR BRIGHT SPOTS, AT LEAST CRAWFORD
    SHOWED SOME LIFE AND PULLED A BALL. REDDICK WAS VERY
    GOOD, BUT DISAPPOINTED ME WHEN HE FAILED TO EVEN SWING
    AT MARIANOS BALLS RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE.  WHAT THE HECK!
    SWING....YOU MIGHT HIT IT !!  SALTY TOO HAS A BAD HABIT OF
    STANDING AROUND AND LOOKING AT PITCHES. HE HAS TO 
    REALIZE YOU CAN'T GET A HIT IF YOU DON'T SWING. WE KNOW
    MARIANO IS GOOD, BUT HECK...HE'S 40 YRS OLD....SWING GUYS
    YOU MIGHT HIT IT.  IT SHOWS HOW GOOD AND DEEP THE YANKS
    ARE. WITHOUT A ROD, THEY BEAT US CLEANLY WITH BETTER
    PITCHING.  BY SUNDAY WE'LL BE 3 GAMES OUT, AND GOOD-BYE
    ANY CHANCE OF A DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP.  THE YANKS ARE
    ON A ROLL AND WILL WIN THE EAST BY AT LEAST 6-8 GAMES. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

They are who they are. Lester is not Cy Young type pitcher like CC. The Sox offense comes and goes and stays unpredictable. Tonight the luck goes to the yankees as Sox could not score when bases were loaded. Lester's walks lost the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Some times the other team just makes  the plays, offense can not be expected to be on all cylinders, was due to come back to earth after torrid July.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Wait... so now the offense is at fault for not making 3 outs fast enough?!?!

Wow.  First time I've ever heard anyone use that excuse.  I gotta right that down.

I can only imagine tomorrow's complaint will be the Sox defense didn't make enough errors...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Offense highs make people neglect the large standard deviation. It's a really good offense, but it has a weakness because of the OF"s lack of a slugging RH bat. Crawford and Ellsbury are weaker than weak on slugging v. LHP. Reddick's 22 PA is too small a sample. Mac is terrible and needs to be put on waivers. If Theo was going to sit on his hands on the OF trade market, he should have kept Cameron and put Mac on waivers. Not a solution, but it's pitiful the way the OF has been constructed and budgeted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lester lost a 3-2 game. I'm trying to see how his start was wasted? He pitched well, but not great, and he gave up a key hit. The team scored 2 runs, but it was a tight ballgame throughout. What's the big deal? They lost, move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Maybe if Drew was...

Naw, just kidding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

softy makes these things up as he goes along.  We needed a righty outfielder  against Colon last night?  The outfield accounted for 5 of the Sox hits and one of the two runs--against a righty starter.  The hitting breakdown was in the infield, not the outfield.  Ellsbury doubled off the wall to drive in half our runs, but AGon struck out on three pitches with the bases loaded. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to What a waste of Lester's start:
    [QUOTE]Lester has a two hitter thru five innings. Then this bag of bums leave the bases loaded without scoring and make Lester wait. The wait (for nothing) got Lester out of his rhythm and bang he gives up three runs. The bag of bums should have gone down in order and Lester would still have a shut out. What a waste. Mark my words the chocking here will start the downfall of the sox.
    Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE]

Every team, no matter how good the lineup, have innings that flame out. Fickle stuff.