What about Kubel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

What about Kubel?

AZ is possibly making an OF available after signing Ross.  He has some power, low OBP.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: What about Kubel?

He'd be a great platoon with Gomes.

(He is sub .700 vs LHPs, but .841 vs RHPs career.)

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Maybe Upton in that blockbuster bill foretold.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Another WHO  ??????

You know, Jason Kubel? ML outfielder, plays for the Diamondbacks? Do you even follow baseball?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Upton is NOT coming to Boston just like Kemp was never coming here. Get over it already.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Ha aha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!! Kubel, indeed.

Now that Shane's on the books at an embarrassing cost, it's time to trade for J. Upton and stay away from the smelly dumpster with Kubel in it.

They still need to offer minor league contracts to Sizemore and Pods. The outfield should now be:

RF  J. Upton

CF Shane

LF Kalish or Pods or Sizemore platooning with the great J. Gomes

Did you buy stock in a Dumpster company recently?  That term keeps coming up in your posts lately, so I thought the frequency was an indication that folks around here should be talking up Dumpsters or something.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Upton "isn't coming to Boston" only if Cherry is incomptent, like you are. Kemp was coming here if a competent GM understood the trade market and the Kemp dynamics nearly 3 years ago.

T. "racist" Hunter's was never coming here. Get over it already.

He not coming to Boston with that incompetent package youve been offering...And
    I dont believe Ive ever mentioned Hunter once since he signed with detroit. But nice try. Im not as obsessed and self-rightous as you are...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Fortunately, racist Hunter's not coming to Boston on the incompetent offer you lauded on him.

Incompetent? Yes, he made MORE than what I offered. Brilliant retort.

Nothing incompetent about:

Ellsbury and draft compesnation

Brentz (or add Bogearts if better offers "doubt it!")

De La Rosa or Webster

nothing incompetent other than the fact they have plenty of OF'ers and are currently shopping Kubel. Ells and Brentz are not needed. Neither pitcher can help this year and no MLB ready SS or 3b. Its incompetent because its NOT what AZ wants. Just because you think its a good deal, doesnt mean it is.

Any other Red Sox prospect except for Barnes and Bradley, Jr. (you are the idiot praising the great white hope Brentz and throwing Bradley, Jr. in your incometent trade blather)

What incompetent trade blather. Ive not once suggested either of them in a trade. Buy a clue and rent a friend will ya...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Fortunately, racist Hunter's not coming to Boston on the incompetent offer you lauded on him.

De La Rosa or Webster

Any other Red Sox prospect except for Barnes and Bradley, Jr. (you are the idiot praising the great white hope Brentz and throwing Bradley, Jr. in your incometent trade blather)

You are willing to part with Bogaerts and unwilling to trade Bradley? I like Bradley a lot, maybe as much as you, but that's just silly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

De La Rosa or Webster

You are willing to part with Bogaerts and unwilling to trade Bradley? I like Bradley a lot, maybe as much as you, but that's just silly.

His whole trade proposal is silly and doesnt make sense for AZ.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

De La Rosa or Webster

He'll obsess about J. Upton until he notices Giancarlo Stanton most likely, and then throw out a crapload of totally unrealistic trade proposals for him too. We already went through the same thing with Matt Kemp. But I really can't understand why you would be willing to trade Bogaerts and make Bradley untouchable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

De La Rosa or Webster

He'll obsess about J. Upton until he notices Giancarlo Stanton most likely, and then throw out a crapload of totally unrealistic trade proposals for him too. We already went through the same thing with Matt Kemp. But I really can't understand why you would be willing to trade Bogaerts and make Bradley untouchable.

Its like trying to understand "median averages"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

De La Rosa or Webster

Fair enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

De La Rosa or Webster

Bradley Jr has the higher floor.  He defends an "up the middle" position very well.  Even if his cotact hitting doesnt translate to major league baseball, he will still have value.

Boegarts has the higher ceiling.  With that bat speed, he may be able to slug 30 with an athletic (as opposed to power) frame.  Very rare.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

De La Rosa or Webster

Fair enough.

Bogy has the higher ceiling so Im not sure why. JBJ plays CF and has a high obp and great D. Depends on what your needs are and what you put more value on. Defense or slugging 30HR

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

De La Rosa or Webster

Fair enough.

Bogy has the higher ceiling so Im not sure why. JBJ plays CF and has a high obp and great D. Depends on what your needs are and what you put more value on. Defense or slugging 30HR

I like them both. A lot. And I hope we can hold onto both. But that being said leadoff guys are easier to find than middle of the order sluggers. Especially sluggers that are actual athletes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

De La Rosa or Webster

Fair enough.

I like them both. A lot. And I hope we can hold onto both. But that being said leadoff guys are easier to find than middle of the order sluggers. Especially sluggers that are actual athletes.

I can see Bogy patroling LF ala Manny Ramirez for the next 6 years starting in 2014-15. .300avg 30 HR 100 RBI with good defense. Less the crazy antics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Another WHO  ??????

You know, Jason Kubel? ML outfielder, plays for the Diamondbacks? Do you even follow baseball?

No He Plays BattleShip Allday.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

De La Rosa or Webster

Fair enough.

I can see Bogy patroling LF ala Manny Ramirez for the next 6 years starting in 2014-15. .300avg 30 HR 100 RBI with good defense. Less the crazy antics.

And better D.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bogy is probably best suited for 3B or 1B not the OF.

Sections
Shortcuts