What advice would you give Theo? What additions/subtractions would you suggest to jump start this team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrGL27Rings.. Show FrGL27Rings.'s posts

What advice would you give Theo? What additions/subtractions would you suggest to jump start this team?

Although the trading deadline is more than 2 months from now, certain trends are becoming apparent. What moves should Theo make. Bring up Jose Iglesias?
    Make a blockbluster trade like Theo did in 2004 when he sent Nomar packing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: What advice would you give Theo? What additions/subtractions would you suggest to jump start this team?

Awe gee you do care.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: What advice would you give Theo? What additions/subtractions would you suggest to jump start this team?

m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

None;Red Sox will be in 1st place by the trading deadline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It might help to shock the vets by cutting one loose, but that type of shock management rarely works on today's pampered millionares.

This is not trade season. Trades made at this time are usually not ood ones that are made out of desperation. Plus, so many of our playershave been so inconsistent, it's hard to pinpoint the weakest link and thn find a great available player that we can trde for without openingnew holes elsewhere.

This is a very good team...on paper They haven't shown it much so far, but do we really expect Youk and Pedey to continue as they are? Is AGon really going to end up with just 12 HRs? Is Crawford washed up at his age?

I doubt anything major will happen until the end of July.

Who knows: maybe we will be the biggest "sellers", but I doubt it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Can francoma and replace him with the statue of "Rocky" The team would get more inspiration from that.

In Response to What advice would you give Theo? What additions/subtractions would you suggest to jump start this team?:
    [QUOTE]Although the trading deadline is more than 2 months from now, certain trends are becoming apparent. What moves should Theo make. Bring up Jose Iglesias? Make a blockbluster trade like Theo did in 2004 when he sent Nomar packing?
    Posted by FrGL27Rings.[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You seldom see moves made this early to "jump start" a team.

This type move would be an admission from the front office that they made mistakes.

Not to mention that the only players available by trade are players who are also struggling at this point. 

If I am Theo I  would consider hiring a thug to break the legs of Lackey, Drew and Daisuke. Then call up 3 guys from Pawtucket. It would have to be done discretely , of course. I mean you can't do it in broad daylight, the authorities in this country are sharper than the Pakistani police force and military , who apparently never check the FBI's most wanted list.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

In Response to Re: What advice would you give Theo? What additions/subtractions would you suggest to jump start this team?:
    [QUOTE]Can francoma and replace him with the statue of "Rocky" The team would get more inspiration from that. In Response to What advice would you give Theo? What additions/subtractions would you suggest to jump start this team? :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]

Statue of Rocky. Good one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

First of all I'd bring up Inglesias and play him right away. Alright kid show me what you got. If he's not ready after 2 weeks send him down.Keep trying people here until you get someone who can catch and throw better than MS and JL. The team needs a spark maybe this kid can provide it.                               Secondly, I'd bring up Reddick for some time in RF. If anything, this kid represents the future not the past as Cameron does. Play him as the backup with an occasional start to see if he can cut it. There are a lot of outfielders in the system. Now would be a good time to look at some of them.                                As far as TF is concerned.....In retrospect it looks like he lost this team in Spring Training.Overall performance is sporadic 30+ games into the season. In my opinion he needs help in the dugout. After Brad Mills left he had no one commiserate with. I thought in Spring Training someone else would emerge to fill the Mill's void. So far I haven't noticed anyone stepping up.                                                                                                                Demarlo Hale, Ken Macha, Bobby Valentine .....depends on how you want to go; interim til whenever or bite the bullet with new manager who will more than likely want his own coaching staff. If you go new a lot of "T"'s people would be replaced. It's up to management on replacing the on field manager.  Overtime I've not been a "T" admirer. His use of the pitching staff, giving up on games too early, not having relief pitchers ready early enough. His disdain for defensive strategy in games, pull side defense especially with go ahead runners in scoring position is non existent. I haven't seen it once this year. I haven't seen all the games. Maybe he used it when I wasn't watching. Other managers employ these defenses against us. Mark Texiera plays pull side defense against Jacoby Ellsbury when we played the Yanks.Why? The message Tex is sending is you will not get a ball by me down the line,thus shortening the field of play. If you ground a ball by me on my right side you will get a single but my RF, Nick Swisher or whoever , will be able to front that ball and have good shot at throwing you out at second base if you try to stretch that single. If I give you the line,  a ground ball by me is an automatic double maybe a triple if not played cleanly. "T" knows of these things. For some reason these strategies or variances thereof are not employed by him. He probably feels, they are not important or don't matter.                           There is one stat that I'm looking for if it's available. How many times did the NYY's beat us down the RF line during Hideki Matsui era? It has to be a big number because we never defended it, contrasted with how many times the BRS beat the NYY's down the RF line. Refine to left handed batters only for both samples.                                                                                          Moon, are you out there for me on this one?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Id change the lineup a little, Move Youk back until he starts hitting with some pop, Move Ortiz up and Drew back.  Crawford behind Lowrie.

Make a trade involving Scutaro, bring Navaroo up to give Lowrie starting time and Iglesias more seasoning.  Make sure you get a RP that can find the strike zone.

Make a deal for a catcher.  Salty is a career backup and tek calls a great game but can no longer hit at the MLB level.

Find a taker for DiceK, Lackey is unmovable but someone might be intrigued if a change of scenery would help him.  I really think Dice K would benefit from being in the National league.

If a team wants Cameron do it.  Reddick can play right now as the full time backup and can play all OF positions. 

Draft a Catcher in this years draft who may be ready by 2013-2014

Thats just a start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

fire Tim Bogar!  Worst third base coach in baseball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

Bogar needs to go for sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Fire Francoma and Bogar. Many great suggestions from this blog.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxWacko. Show RedSoxWacko's posts

Be patient and it will all work out, it's the finish that counts not the start.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Id change the lineup a little, Move Youk back until he starts hitting with some pop,

Youk has the best OBP on the team,he should be moved up if anything... maybe to the 2 slot behind the hot Jacoby.

Move Ortiz up and Drew back. 

I'd like to see Papi back to the 3 slot for a while.

Drew has better numbers than Pedey, but you don't menton moving Pedey nywhere.

Crawford behind Lowrie.

Crawford is warming up: Jed is cooling down.

Make a trade involving Scutaro, bring Navaroo up to give Lowrie starting time and Iglesias more seasoning.  Make sure you get a RP that can find the strike zone.

Trade Scutaro or who? What good RP can we get without openin up another hole somewhere else. I hope you didn't mean we could get a good pitcher for Scutao and his contract.

Make a deal for a catcher.  Salty is a career backup and tek calls a great game but can no longer hit at the MLB level.

"Make a deal"... famous last words. Who is trading good catchers away in this day and age?

Find a taker for DiceK, Lackey is unmovable but someone might be intrigued if a change of scenery would help him.  I really think Dice K would benefit from being in the National league.

I agree, but it may not be as easy to deal as you think, especially in early May.

If a team wants Cameron do it.  Reddick can play right now as the full time backup and can play all OF positions. 

So, trade Scutaro, Dice-K, Lackey (if possible), and maybe a catcher for 2 starters better than Lackey & Dice-K, a btter catcher, and a good relief pitcher. Then bring up Navarro.

Draft a Catcher in this years draft who may be ready by 2013-2014.

We've done that fr many of the past few years. No drafted catcher is ever a sure bet ML'er.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from westpafan. Show westpafan's posts

I would give Tito through this coming week and make Lowrie the sacificial lamb of this poor team effort. If things continue as they have through the yankee series Tito goes and possibly give his cap to the pitching coach and/or look to the Farm system to take Titos place the remainder of this year.
                                 Go Sox!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxWacko. Show RedSoxWacko's posts

Trade Lackey? Just who will take on that contract?? Nobody will....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

I'd tell him to get BaseballGM and some of our self-pronounced wise heads into his office and consult with them--and then do the exact opposite.

In truth, I seen no reason for any bold moves by Theo.  The talent is there.  These guys just need to play to their potential. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Theo's hands are tied.  John Henry won't be throwing around any more money this year.   
    Not much help in the farm system, if any.   It's sink or swim with what's on the 40 man roster.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

In Response to Re: What advice would you give Theo? What additions/subtractions would you suggest to jump start this team?:
    [QUOTE]Theo's hands are tied.  John Henry won't be throwing around any more money this year.    Not much help in the farm system, if any.   It's sink or swim with what's on the 40 man roster.
    Posted by Diamondtalk[/QUOTE]
                                                     If this is true then let's get going on those "Farm" boys. Up with Inglesias and Reddick for now. Bring up a couple of young pitchers for Curt Young to work on for later in the season work. Supposedly this is his forte, young pitchers,. O.K. Curt show me what you've got. Get me a sheet on what these kids should work on back  at AAA or AA so they'll have a clue when they come up later in the season. If our only options are in -house then let's explore those options fully. Worst that can happen is we find out what our strengths and weaknesses are system wise. That's a good thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

TITO & THEO I TRUST !!!!!