What an effort by Wakefield on short notice, true gamer BLAH BLAH BLAH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

What an effort by Wakefield on short notice, true gamer BLAH BLAH BLAH

Whatever the problem is the answer is not a geriatric pitcher who throws batting practice stuff and can barely walk onto the mound. Cant wait to hear all the "oh what a guy he is", like hes playing for free. Do me a favor. 

Lackey, Dice K are lunatics, Bucholz back to pitching like a 5th starter, Wheeler and Jenks are jokes. Pedroia going backwards, Crawford cant do anything right. One catcher who cant hit, call a game, throw or catch and a geriatric that cant throw or hit. 

We play like this for another 3-4 weeks and this seasons done. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: What an effort by Wakefield on short notice, ture gamer BLAH BLAH BLAH

In Response to What an effort by Wakefield on short notice, ture gamer BLAH BLAH BLAH:
    Whatever the problem is the answer is not a geriatric pitcher who throws batting practice stuff and can barely walk onto the mound. Cant wait to hear all the "oh what a guy he is", like hes playing for free. Do me a favor. 
    Posted by jamesey271975

Im with you on this one.... from what I see this pitching staff is in shambles... they had one really good stretch against the angels but overall not good... Lackey is amazingly inconsistent, Buchholtz has been the same, Beckett pretty good and same for Lester.... and Dice K? it looked like he was going to turn it around but now I dont know.... and the bullpen? theyre a joke for the most part.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick5818. Show Rick5818's posts

Re: What an effort by Wakefield on short notice, true gamer BLAH BLAH BLAH

I too am with you.  I've hated Wakefield for years.  He's never been a fan friendly player, and has never given the innings like people says he does.  I'm waiting for 2012 when he's retired.  As for the rest of the team, that's what you get with guarenteed contracts.  It would be much different if they were paid for performance.
    They pay these free agents all this money and expect home grown players to take a home town discount, that's backewards.  Pay the guys who come up through the system, not these jerks from other teams.
    I bought the baseball package to watch the games and I've gone through 3 TV already throwing the remote at the screen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

In Response to Re: What an effort by Wakefield on short notice, true gamer BLAH BLAH BLAH:
    I too am with you.  I've hated Wakefield for years.  He's never been a fan friendly player, and has never given the innings like people says he does.  I'm waiting for 2012 when he's retired.  As for the rest of the team, that's what you get with guarenteed contracts.  It would be much different if they were paid for performance. They pay these free agents all this money and expect home grown players to take a home town discount, that's backewards.  Pay the guys who come up through the system, not these jerks from other teams. I bought the baseball package to watch the games and I've gone through 3 TV already throwing the remote at the screen.
    Posted by Rick5818

Im in the same boat, bought the MLB package for the year and knew after 2 weeks id just wasted $220 on this bunch of overpaid fck ups. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

This team has the talent just no leadership on the field. tito's time came 2 years ago and the sooner upper management realizes it the better for the sox.

In Response to Re: What an effort by Wakefield on short notice, true gamer BLAH BLAH BLAH:
    In Response to Re: What an effort by Wakefield on short notice, true gamer BLAH BLAH BLAH : Im in the same boat, bought the MLB package for the year and knew after 2 weeks id just wasted $220 on this bunch of overpaid fck ups. 
    Posted by jamesey271975

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

He was left in way too long.  Clearly he had absolutely nothing tonight.  You knew that after the first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

After tonight's performance one thing is certain.... this isn't a team that's off to a slow start this is a team simply not as good on the field as they are on paper.

The following players are jokes: Dice K, Lackey, Crawford, Wheeler, Jenks, Salty and Tek. Let me change that to absolute jokes.

The following players may not be quite as good on the field as they are on paper: Ortiz, Pedey, Beckett (give him time to collapse), Buch and Drew. The names look imposing, but really not producing.

Quick point- I'm not beating Pedey up, but he's in the Derek Jeter category of great player yet not as good as hometown fans think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Curt Young is too quiet of a pitching coach.  Too many pitchers aren't hitting their spots.  And Dave Madagan didn't have the hitters ready.  These two may be in trouble before Tito?  We needed 6-7 innings from Wakes and didn't get, and Jed's throwing error hurt big time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

At least Wakefield will be gone by October, we are stuck with Lackey.  Thankfully Beckett has come around and Lester is a true dominant Ace.  Now it will be Clay and Dice-K that will bear the team's fortunes - and both are neither terrible or dominant at this point.

Wolf if you think Dustin is a problem than you really are insane - we cannot have the absolute best at each position and he is damn good enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

At least Wakefield will be gone by October, we are stuck with Lackey.  Thankfully Beckett has come around and Lester is a true dominant Ace.  Now it will be Clay and Dice-K that will bear the team's fortunes - and both are neither terrible or dominant at this point. Wolf if you think Dustin is a problem than you really are insane - we cannot have the absolute best at each position and he is damn good enough.
    Posted by BurritoT

Lets be honest Pedroia is hitting like Julio Lugo so far this year. I love the guy but if he and Youk dont get going we can forget it. We're carrying enough sh1te as it is without the guys who CAN actually hit getting it done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

HEY, ALL YOU UNGRATEFUL FANS. WAKEFIELD IS THE BEST
    PITCHER THERE IS. WE SHOULD LET HIM PITCH EVERY FOURTH
    DAY SO WE CAN LOSE 95 THIS SEASON AND WATCH THE
    YANKEES WIN THE DIVISION BY AT LEAST 15 GAMES.
    HONESTLY...THIS TEAM IS PITIFUL. WE HAVE A LOT OF SINGLES
    HITTERS AND WHINERS. WE HAVE NO RIGHT HANDED
    POWER AND NO HR. POWER, DESPITE GETTING TWO TONITE.
    TWO GUYS ON THE CLUB ARE HITTING A LITTLE...AGON AND
    PAPI. THE REST ARE JUST MAILING IT IN. SO WHAT IF
    CRAWFORD GETS A COUPLE OF SINGLES. WHOOPEE !!!! WE
    ARE GETTING PASTED BY THE WORST TEAM IN BASEBALL.
    ON SECOND THOUGHT...WE ARE THE WORST, NOT THE TWINS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I don't think Julio Lugo could have had a 13 pitch at bat against Jered Weaver and then get a line drive hit.  Apparently you have forgotten how terrible Lugo was.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Oh no!! They've gone into name dropping for emphasis!!! They're too far gone!!!

Hist first two years in Boston. Lugo hit .247 / .314 / .343.  Pedroia is currently hitting a Lugo-esque .241 / .350 / .328.

But there is a big difference between doing that for 2 years and doing that for five weeks.  Pedroia hit horribly last May (.236 / .367 / .333) but still managed to bounce back with a Monster June (.374 / .449 / .626). 

Lugo?  He ever have a month like that anywhere?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Oh no!! They've gone into name dropping for emphasis!!! They're too far gone!!! Hist first two years in Boston. Lugo hit .247 / .314 / .343.  Pedroia is currently hitting a Lugo-esque .241 / .350 / .328. But there is a big difference between doing that for 2 years and doing that for five weeks.  Pedroia hit horribly last May (.236 / .367 / .333) but still managed to bounce back with a Monster June (.374 / .449 / .626).  Lugo?  He ever have a month like that anywhere?
    Posted by notin

What part of "SO FAR THIS YEAR" did you not get? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Curt Young is too quiet of a pitching coach.  Too many pitchers aren't hitting their spots.  And Dave Madagan didn't have the hitters ready.  These two may be in trouble before Tito?  We needed 6-7 innings from Wakes and didn't get, and Jed's throwing error hurt big time.
    Posted by Goofywocky

I think all coaches are safe for now.  I was critical about Magadan last year but look how that lineup did.  Young has been slightly disappointing thus far.  Lester and Beckett have done their jobs but the other 3 starters have not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to What an effort by Wakefield on short notice, true gamer BLAH BLAH BLAH:
    Whatever the problem is the answer is not a geriatric pitcher who throws batting practice stuff and can barely walk onto the mound. Cant wait to hear all the "oh what a guy he is", like hes playing for free. Do me a favor.  Lackey, Dice K are lunatics, Bucholz back to pitching like a 5th starter, Wheeler and Jenks are jokes. Pedroia going backwards, Crawford cant do anything right. One catcher who cant hit, call a game, throw or catch and a geriatric that cant throw or hit.  We play like this for another 3-4 weeks and this seasons done. 
    Posted by jamesey271975
      NOT VERY  P C  THIS MORNING ??..... AS DAD WOULD SAY....... "SON, TONE IT DOWN A BIT, PLEASE" !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Jamesy,

Wake is a gamer.  And he does step into the fray when asked.

But he did not perform this time.

A couple of errors didn't help, but he didn't cut the mustard.

No need to cast dispersions on him as a whole.

Previous performance he was super.

Will he ever be super again?  Dunno.

But one cannot escape the fact this time he missed.

I can only hope you don't have a performance based career and that you don't run into bad days.

Or the end of a stand up career.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Wakefield should have retired two years ago, Drew is just playing out his contract, Scurato, Cameron, Tek, Salty, Okajima, Jenks,Wheeler, Dice-k and Lackey are not productive big leaguer's, so out of a 25 man rooster 11  are not doing the job expected of them so, do the math 14 are doing the full load.
    Now I know Crawford, Pedroia, Youkilis Buchholz haven't played up to their potential yet, but we know barring a complete collapse, they will get it going, our at least we believe they will, and if they don't, well it will be a very long year.
    We need a catcher very badly, Please Tek just retire, and all who for the last 2 years hollered loudly for Salty, well you got your wish, now realize he is not the answer. Where do we go for a catcher, maybe the Sox should call Bengie Molina.
    We should call up Jose Iglesias to play SS, I know he will not hit much, but he will turn those ground balls into outs.
    Pay Drew his money, give him a plane ticket back to Georgia, and let Cameron[if he is kept] or Mcdonald play out their or bring up Reddick and give a full shot.
    As for Lackey, well the Sox are just plain stuck with him, it turned out to be a very bad choice. And send Matsuzakz to the NL.

And lastly, but maybe most important, tell Francona thanks for the memories, and wish him well, then go get someone who will actually manage a game between the lines, and try to do te little things to win games. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFutureNow. Show TheFutureNow's posts

1 loss and all the Pink Hats come out!

What about the 2 world series for Francona ? What about the lifetime achievement award for Wakefield?

You guys make me sick ! Go back to NYC and let this team win- will ya?!!

You guys are not true fans !

I am a true Fan and will remain in my bleacher seat until Wakefield comes out with a cane !

See ya!

Sections
Shortcuts