What an OP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: What an OP

In response to softlaw2's comment:

They are playing as a team so far this season, and that is the biggest difference.

Once Iglesias and Bradley are demoted, the team character changes. And that's a fact.

Hey, fair enough Softy.  I think you are correct. However, please refrain from deriding my comments about "hard-nosed gamers", if you continue to bandy about such ephemeral terms as "team character".  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Team character refers to the 25 man roster. "Hard-nosed gamer" is meaningless.

Do you ever get tired of being made to look silly?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Team character refers to the 25 man roster. "Hard-nosed gamer" is meaningless.

Ah, well, as long as it has to do with the "25 man roster" it must have meaning ...  Please stop being obtuse: Just actually read my statements instead of cherry picking phrases to deride.  The "hard nose gamers' are key factors in making up strong "team character".  Thats the whole point.  I do not discount what Iglesias and Bradley bring to that character.  You do, however, discount what Victorino and Gomes contribute to this mystical "character".  But, that is your bag.  Not mine.  You can never see the whole.  Only select parts.  This is a pretty flimsy way to see the game, especially when you are making claims about 25 man roster team character.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Should be noted that the board today is "A KINDER & GENTLER DELIVERY" too !!!!   As Dad would say........   "SON, opening day is the cure for all that is evil"  !!!!    Go Sox !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Pitching, defense and 3 run homers. Where have I seen that before. My memory escapes me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

Pitching, defense and 3 run homers. Where have I seen that before. My memory escapes me.

E

a

r

l

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

But I know you know that Promise  :oD

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

GPG + 3R HR = W

It's actually kind of ironic that Palmer said that Buch reminded him of himself when Buch was a rookie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

GPG + 3R HR = W

It's actually kind of ironic that Palmer said that Buch reminded him of himself when Buch was a rookie.

A question  ... aren't you having fun right now?  I AM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

GPG + 3R HR = W

5 and 2 beats 1 and 6 every day. But you know me, I'll be cheering for the Red Sox come hell or high water. Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

GPG + 3R HR = W

I remember that quite clearly and had posted that back a couple of years when folks were down on Buch. Im hoping the Op here brings back his thread about what the records will be of this pitching staff. I know it can change but I predicted that Lester and Buch were going to have great years. Off to a good start! I love the athletism of this team. I think they have enough power to sustain even in Fenway!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

GPG + 3R HR = W

5 and 2 beats 1 and 6 every day. But you know me, I'll be cheering for the Red Sox come hell or high water. Smile

Dadgum straight!

15. This post has been removed.