What are some real "Realistic" Trades we can pull off?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

What are some real "Realistic" Trades we can pull off?

I would like to know some insight on some players mabye we can bring in, and the players we can dump out for potential trades thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

Re: What are some real "Realistic" Trades we can pull off?

Nothing until the trading deadline or you will be trading low.
    Wait til the contenders need something and make EVERYONE available for the right price.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

beckett for

fair trade at this point

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I doubt the Red Sox front office will succumb to pressure to make an immediate trade, but the front office should be laying the groundwork to cover all contingencies.

If I were Ben Cherington, I would be on the phone to many teams saying "We hope to get back into contention, but if we don't ..."

1. We could make these players available
    2. We would be interested in these players from your team
    3. What players could your team make available?
    and/or
    4. Would you have interest in any of our players?

Given the current situation, it's better to start the conversation now than to wait until the deadline nears.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

The big bad owners should let their puppet off his strings, let him do his own thing. Clearly they don't know what they're doing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

defintely not a good idea to move anybody now, but i would like to see salty, youk and buch packaged for a top 3 starter and a pitching prospect. Lava will be up as soon as his FA clock resets on account of the state of our catchers. Salty is abysmal defensively and shop is OK but his bat offsets it. We can deal youk because THE DREADNAUGHT will middlebrooks is READY and youk is bound to get hurt again so come trade deadline hopefully he will be playing well and not hurt. I'd like to say that i have faith in buch but i really can't, he is a mystery, he COULD be an Ace but i'm also wondering if he might join the large club of one & done pitchers..

if we could get say a bumgardener or saunders or maybe even johan santana for those 3 i would be happy as a pig in sh!t

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: What are some real "Realistic" Trades we can pull off?:
    defintely not a good idea to move anybody now, but i would like to see salty, youk and buch packaged for a top 3 starter and a pitching prospect. Lava will be up as soon as his FA clock resets on account of the state of our catchers. Salty is abysmal defensively and shop is OK but his bat offsets it. We can deal youk because THE DREADNAUGHT will middlebrooks is READY and youk is bound to get hurt again so come trade deadline hopefully he will be playing well and not hurt. I'd like to say that i have faith in buch but i really can't, he is a mystery, he COULD be an Ace but i'm also wondering if he might join the large club of one & done pitchers.. if we could get say a bumgardener or saunders or maybe even johan santana for those 3 i would be happy as a pig in sh!t
    Posted by mef429

You write of the genuine flaws of Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Kevin Youkilis and Clay Buchholz, but suggest that the trio could bring back a No. 3 starter.

That's not realistic.

The Red Sox would need to give value to get value in return.

Madison Bumgarner, a 22-year-old lefthander who recently signed a six-year extension, is about as untouchable as they come.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

Those three would not even bring a Quality 5th Starter at this point.  I am sure some team is out there saying let me trade my number three for an old broken down 3rd baseman who at this point in his career is really just a clubhouse cancer, a no hit catcher ( because the league doesn't have enough of those) and a Over-hyped Pitcher who 1) cannot stay healthy 2) Seems to be more of a follower then a leader...(very bad make-up).  Maybe, Just Maybe you could get say Bruce Chen at this point.  If you want talent, your going to have to deal reasonably priced talent. That means players who are in their prime, have good contracts and can perform.  Pedroia and Ellsbury( a big big if given his one year wonder status and health), might bring you back a one or two Starter.  At this point the Red Sox have not made the Playoffs with those two in the lineup the past two years so why not go a different route.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Trades this early in the season are rare, and usually don't invovle major names.  Think Ryan Spilsborgh or Marlon Byrd.

However, people can only type "wait until July" so many times before they get labeled as boring.

So... how about a good old fashioned struggling pitcher swap - we can sell it as a "change of scenery"?   Clay Buchholz for Jair Jurrjens?

Buchholz has a longer deal, but also a slightly better track record.  Jurrjens makes more money this year, ut has arbitration eligibility left.

Most likely, this trade wouldn't benefit anyone, but Fenway Fans would have a different pitcher whose name they cannot spell to get angry at...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I think you get Youk back and you trade him. You could probably get something for Buchholz. I would look into trading Lavarnway to get an ace. If you get just one guy with a 3 era you have don't have a last place team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Notin--I think a good landing place for Buch would be the Astro's. He'd be reunited with Brad Mills--someone he's familiar with. Not sure what they might have for talent to send our way but I think he needs to get out of Boston.

Beckett needs to go.

Two big holes in the rotation but I think the spots can be filled by Padilla, Mortenson, Germano and/or Duckworth--definitely not household names.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Realistic trades might be a stretch with how this team of players is performing. But it seems clear that Beckett, Buch, Youk, Lackey, Crawford, Salty and perhaps A-gon. And I say A-gon only because I don't think he wants to be in Boston(not because he is slumping). If the Sox can move some of these players and get anything in return is a good thing. Start putting the youth out there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

I doubt the Red Sox front office will succumb to pressure to make an immediate trade, but the front office should be laying the groundwork to cover all contingencies. If I were Ben Cherington, I would be on the phone to many teams saying "We hope to get back into contention, but if we don't ..." 1. We could make these players available 2. We would be interested in these players from your team 3. What players could your team make available? and/or 4. Would you have interest in any of our players? Given the current situation, it's better to start the conversation now than to wait until the deadline nears.
    Posted by hill55

You know a lot about Seattle... If we were to trade Beckett and eat his contract do you think we could get something like... Noesi and Trayvon Robinson? or maybe Mauricio Robles, Trayvon, and a ptbnl

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Notin--I think a good landing place for Buch would be the Astro's. He'd be reunited with Brad Mills--someone he's familiar with. Not sure what they might have for talent to send our way but I think he needs to get out of Boston. Beckett needs to go. Two big holes in the rotation but I think the spots can be filled by Padilla, Mortenson, Germano and/or Duckworth--definitely not household names.
    Posted by MadMc44

Perhaps Josh Beckett, Clay Buchholz and Garin Cecchini for Carlos Lee, Wandy Rodriguez and Brett Myers. Beckett, Buchholz and Cecchini return to their Texas/Gulf Coast roots while the Sox pick up a veteran righthanded power hitter, a righthanded closer with a 0.84 ERA, 0.66 WHIP, 450 ERA+ and eight saves, as well as a lefthander starter with a 2.14 ERA, 1.08 WHIP and 173 ERA+ in seven starts covering 46.1 innings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They have to look at addition by subtraction.

Trading Beckett for anyone is going to make the team better.  They should trade him to San Diego for a box of camouflage uniforms

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: What are some real "Realistic" Trades we can pull off? : You know a lot about Seattle... If we were to trade Beckett and eat his contract do you think we could get something like... Noesi and Trayvon Robinson? or maybe Mauricio Robles, Trayvon, and a ptbnl
    Posted by zack5042

Seattle would have no interest in Josh Beckett given the Mariners' organizational depth with Felix Hernandez, Jason Vargas, Hector Noesi, Blake Beavan, Kevin Millwood, Hisashi Iwakuma, Danny Hultzen, James Paxton, Taijuan Walker and Erasmo Ramirez.

Beckett's annual salary of nearly $16 million would be better spent on needed hitters.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Hill, I think truth be told, I don't believe Beckett would make the Seattle AAA pitching roster--they are stacked with excellent young arms---I'm sure after how Buch and Lester follow Beckett around like puppy dogs that would be a recipe for disaster in Seattle.

I have thought that Houston would be a good landing place for Beckett and Buch. Both Beckett and Lee have no trade clauses I believe. I can see Beckett okaying that deal to be very close to his ranch, I have my doubts Lee would buy it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Doesnt Beckett have to approve a trade?? He is a 10/5 guy I believe..If management was looking to trade him, they would probably have to ask him to give a list of teams he would be willing to go to first, Then hope he actually approves it...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Why not put him on waivers?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Do you guys think we can to something like "Beckett, Youkilis, and Ross for Lance Berkman and Jamie Garcia"? Obviously Sox have to eat up some of our players' salary.. 

Beckett slides right into their #2 spot, Youk plays 1B for the Cards, and Ross play CF.  Garcia can be our #3 guy behind Buch giving us Lefty-Righty-Lefty combo, Berkman plays RF and hits #3 in batting order..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Perhaps Josh Beckett, Clay Buchholz and Garin Cecchini for Carlos Lee, Wandy Rodriguez and Brett Myers. Beckett, Buchholz and Cecchini return to their Texas/Gulf Coast roots while the Sox pick up a veteran righthanded power hitter, a righthanded closer with a 0.84 ERA, 0.66 WHIP, 450 ERA+ and eight saves, as well as a lefthander starter with a 2.14 ERA, 1.08 WHIP and 173 ERA+ in seven starts covering 46.1 innings.

Carlos Lee stinks, gets paid $18.5M, and has said he wants to play out his deal in Houston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Trade CC and Albers for Zito and Romo.
    Trade Youk for prospects.
    Trade Shoppach, DMac, Punto, and Byrd for whatever.

The new 25: 

C Salty  Lava
    1B AGon 
    2B Pedey
    3B Middlebrooks
    SS Iggy
    IF  Aviles
    LF Ross  Linarez or Nava
    CF Ells  Lin or Kalish
    RF Sweeney
    DH  Ortiz

S1 Beckett
    S2 Lester
    S3 Zito
    S4 Buch or Bard
    S5 Doub
    S6 Dice-K or Mortensen

R1 Aceves or Bailey
    R2 Bard
    R3 Morales
    R4 R Hill
    R5 Atchison
    R6 Tazawa
    R7 Padilla/Mortensen/Melancon/Cook/Miller

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Zito? Rofl! You have lost it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Why not put him on waivers?
    Posted by EnchiladaT

Outstanding idea.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Do you guys think we can to something like "Beckett, Youkilis, and Ross for Lance Berkman and Jamie Garcia"? Obviously Sox have to eat up some of our players' salary..  Beckett slides right into their #2 spot, Youk plays 1B for the Cards, and Ross play CF.  Garcia can be our #3 guy behind Buch giving us Lefty-Righty-Lefty combo, Berkman plays RF and hits #3 in batting order..
    Posted by seannybboi

A team won't trade desirable players such as Lance Berkman and Jamie Garica for less desirable players such as Josh Beckett, Kevin Youkilis and Cody Ross.

From a St. Louis perspective, Beckett would be an expensive downgrade from Garcia and Youkilis a downgrade from Berkman. Ross does not make up the difference.

Sections
Shortcuts