What are You Reading?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Re: What are You Reading?

I'm starting to realize that JoeBreidy is the ZEN MASTER, remember, "Anger is the Enemy of Instruction".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Just finished The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. She is an amazing author. I'll probably end up reading everything by her. (I read The Prodigal Summer this past summer: excellent reading.) 

I need to read more, but my eyes are failing me (the reason I use bold print). If you want to read a good book on the history of the Congo from 1885 to 1908, read "The Ghost of King Leopold" by Adam Hochschild. A very "readable" book, even if you are not into history. It will open your eyes to a history not often mentioned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: What are You Reading?:
    [QUOTE]Just finished The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. She is an amazing author. I'll probably end up reading everything by her. (I read The Prodigal Summer this past summer: excellent reading.)  I need to read more, but my eyes are failing me (the reason I use bold print). If you want to read a good book on the history of the Congo from 1885 to 1908, read " The Ghost of King Leopold " by Adam Hochschild. A very "readable" book, even if you are not into history. It will open your eyes to a history not often mentioned.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

To quote Yogi, is this deja vu all over again?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Reading The Singularity Is Near by Kurzweil. 

Sophie's Choice was written by the late William Styron, not by Scott Turow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Kinda. Before I was "reading" it; now I "just finished it".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

[QUOTE]Reading The Singularity Is Near by Kurzweil.  Sophie's Choice was written by the late William Styron, not by Scott Turow.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]
    Wow...Just read that last year...While I admit the guy is brilliant, his vision of the imminent merger of cyber/nano-technology with the human brain is a little like those Jetson cartoons that never quite lived up to their soon-to-be-futuristic billing....Though I must admit, it would be sweet to pop into a bullet pod and instantly arrive at my NY State social worker office...Compelling stuff anyway, even if Kurzweil is a bit of a shill...

“Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.”

-          “Mother” Mary Harris Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) – 1930 (U.S.))

“You see, until a few weeks ago, it seemed as if Wall Street had effectively bribed and bullied our political system into forgetting about that whole drawing lavish paychecks while destroying the world economy thing. Then, all of a sudden, some people insisted on bringing the subject up again. And their (Occupy Wall Street) outrage has found resonance with millions of Americans. No wonder Wall Street is whining.”

-          Paul Krugman, Princeton economist, N.Y. Times column, 10/16/11

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heybarto. Show heybarto's posts

i'm between

game six

the baseball codes

9 innings 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Vineland by T. Pynchon.  In book form.  I still can't get beyond the tactile need for the weight, feel, and pages of a good old fashioned book.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Border Collie Haiku

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

If you want to read a good book on the history of the Congo from 1885 to 1908, read "The Ghost of King Leopold" by Adam Hochschild

Just another politically motivated hack, fomenting financial and ethnic class rancor for modern political capital. Taxpayers, through public funding and dumbed down 501C "donations" usually foot the bill for these left wing demagogues. Left wing drones lap up this pontificating hyprocrisy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Just finished reading George Washington's Last Will & Testament.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE] If you want to read a good book on the history of the Congo from 1885 to 1908, read " The Ghost of King Leopold " by Adam Hochschild Just another politically motivated hack, fomenting financial and ethnic class rancor for modern political capital. Taxpayers, through public funding and dumbed down 501C "donations" usually foot the bill for these left wing demagogues. Left wing drones lap up this pontificating hyprocrisy.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

They really should burn these books.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

A lot of good books on fire there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are You Reading? : A lot of good books on fire there.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

What is your response to the HankWilliamsJr / Softlaw comments above? Do you approve of mass genocide?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are You Reading? : What is your response to the HankWilliamsJr / Softlaw comments above? Do you approve of mass genocide?

Of course not, no more than I approve of burning books of conservative authors.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are You Reading? : A lot of good books on fire there.

True, that Ann Coulter gem was one of the funniest things I have read in years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are You Reading? : True, that Ann Coulter gem was one of the funniest things I have read in years.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I read Demonic, for a good laugh I normally DVR Lawrence O'Donnell and Al Sharpton on MSNBC.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are You Reading? : Of course not, no more than I approve of burning books of conservative authors.

But why do you enable forum trolls  / idiots / pretenders / pot stirrers? Instead you choose to attack those that identify THEM.  Why do you try to make every Sox fan accountable, realistic, honest, sincere in THEIR forum and you are a Yankee fan? Why is an alleged Sox fan named J-Bay your best buddy and sanction your act of keeping all Sox fans honest in THEIR forum? These are simple questions and the forum just wonders why.

CAMELWALK YAHOO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are You Reading? : But why do you enable forum trolls  / idiots / pretenders / pot stirrers? Instead you choose to attack those that identify THEM.  Why do you try to make every Sox fan accountable, realistic, honest, sincere in THEIR forum and you are a Yankee fan? Why is an alleged Sox fan named J-Bay your best buddy and sanction your act of keeping all Sox fans honest in THEIR forum? These are simple questions and the forum just wonders why. CAMELWALK YAHOO.
    I think its common knowledge that J-Bay is a Sox fan, its not an allegation.  He roots for the Sox.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to "Re: What are You Reading?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are You Reading? : I think its common knowledge that J-Bay is a Sox fan, its not an allegation.  He roots for the Sox. Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE] Hey cameltoe. How ya been?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: What are You Reading?": Hey cameltoe. How ya been?
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Wow, I was just saying to Pike how you would call me Cameltoe and then you appear, so crazy!  I'm good Bald, how are you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to "Re: What are You Reading?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are You Reading? : Wow, I was just saying to Pike how you would call me Cameltoe and then you appear, so crazy!  I'm good Bald, how are you? Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE] Doing ok. Waiting for things to pick up in our friendly rivalry.