What are You Reading?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: What are You Reading?

In Response to Re: What are You Reading?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are You Reading? :  SY, too bad you fell asleep at Tebow Time. That's almost as disapointing as you being left off the "Poster of the Year" ballot.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

I was left off?  Now that is disappointing :oD 

Not nearly as bad as that ill-timed snooze, that's for sure.  

Time to make the donuts ... take care all. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I'm making one last stab at Moby Dick (which I failed to read when assigned about 40 years ago).

I have on hold at the library Michael Moore's Here Comes Trouble and recently read Dick Cheney's memoir In My Time. Last month I read Page One: Inside the New York Times and the Future of Journalism, a compilation of essays written as a follow-up to a documentary film of the same title.

I also finished Getting in the Game: Title IX and the Women's Sports Revolution, which read like a 287-page law review article.

I re-read Catcher in the Rye and Of Mice and Men, which were among my teen-age daughter's reading assignments over the holiday break. I reluctantly informed my daughter that I was a Holden Caufield in my younger days.

I have library holds on Stephen King's 11/22/63, Michael Lewis' Boomerang : Travels in the New Third World and Daniel Kahneman's Thinking, Fast and Slow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Reading The Singularity Is Near by Kurzweil.  Sophie's Choice was written by the late William Styron, not by Scott Turow.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

You're correct. Can't believe I mixed that up. I just post off the top of my head, and I read the book a while ago. But it still remains my all time favorite book no matter what I read after it, which was quite a bit. FWIW Scott Turow's Presumed Innocent was probably the reason. Another favorite, and excellent book. My apologies to William Styron and/or his family.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Btw, from reading the board it's looks like Mikey's back as is the bumping of the threads. Shocker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]I'm making one last stab at Moby Dick (which I failed to read when assigned about 40 years ago). I have on hold at the library Michael Moore's Here Comes Trouble and recently read Dick Cheney's memoir In My Time . Last month I read Page One: Inside the New York Times and the Future of Journalism , a compilation of essays written as a follow-up to a documentary film of the same title. I also finished Getting in the Game: Title IX and the Women's Sports Revolution , which read like a 287-page law review article.   I re-read Catcher in the Rye and Of Mice and Men , which were among my teen-age daughter's reading assignments over the holiday break. I reluctantly informed my daughter that I was a Holden Caufield in my younger days. I have library holds on Stephen King's 11/22/63 , Michael Lewis' Boomerang : Travels in the New Third World  and Daniel Kahneman's Thinking, Fast and Slow .
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for you that you are trying to slog through Melville's interminable tome. The man was in desperate need of a good editor. If you manage to get through it you may feel cheated out of the time in your life you spent reading it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Might I recommend "Lonesome Dove"? It started out as a screen play that couldn't get made into a movie, (John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda were lined up) then was turned into a novel, then turned into a TV mini-series. Classic hero led journey through the wilds of the old west, and a 1986 Pulitzer Prize winner for fiction.

Sections
Shortcuts