What are your expectations for Andrew Miller. The Second Coming of Randy Johnson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Re: What are your expectations for Andrew Miller. The Second Coming of Randy Johnson?

7 innings 2 ER 8 SO

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: What are your expectations for Andrew Miller. The Second Coming of Randy Johnson?

My expectatoins are for him to pitch a no-hitter

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: What are your expectations for Andrew Miller. The Second Coming of Randy Johnson?:
    In Response to Re: What are your expectations for Andrew Miller. The Second Coming of Randy Johnson? : Yes, and I can't wait until the Rumatoid, old hasbeen Yankees face him either... they will stick their heads over the plate in hopes of being hit, then blame it on us!! The only good Yankee is a dead Yankee/Yankee fan!!
    Posted by REBEL
    Reb, due to what happened with that SF Giants fan, Babe was rightfully asked to remove an inappropriate sig line, so i respectfully ask you to do the same and not post stuff like the above...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRAFRGL. Show FRAFRGL's posts

2 innings/6 ER/1 SO/ 6 BB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Make no mistake about it the Sox are hopeful that the kid pitches well, and let's also remember that the only reason he's on the roster is because of his opt out clause. My guess is the Sox would much rather have preffered he stayed in Pawtucket...I can't help but think that he too in the end might have wished he'd have elevted not to exorcise his opt out clause and stayed the coasre...

As for my expectations, while tonight's start is not the end all be all, it is important that he commands the baseball, a QS would be good place to begin...

For all the naysayers (yank fans), the kid has electric stuff and is still not in his prime.one that has a very high ceiling, if he falls short, it's not that big a deal. Certainly well worth the gamble...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRAFRGL. Show FRAFRGL's posts

WEEI:

Miller has made two major league starts against the Padres, going 1-1 with a 4.91 ERA and a .250 batting average against. Shortstop Jason Bartlett has had the most success against Miller, batting 4-for-9 with two doubles. Third baseman Chase Headley has two hits and three RBIs in three plate appearances.

Padres vs. Miller

Jason Bartlett (9 plate appearances): .444 BA/.444 OBP/.667 SLG, two doubles, two RBIs

Ryan Ludwick (7): .286/.286/.429

In three plate appearances, Brad Hawpe is 0-for-1 with two walks

In three plate appearances, Chase Headley has two hits, including a double, and has driven in three.

Nick Hundley is 0-for-1 with a walk in two appearances.

Chris Denorfia, Alberto Gonzalez, Jesus Guzman, Rob Johnson, Cameron Maybin and Will Venable have never faced Miller.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

6 innings, 3 runs, 3 SO, 2 BB

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: What are your expectations for Andrew Miller. The Second Coming of Randy Johnson?:
    Make no mistake about it the Sox are hopeful that the kid pitches well, and let's also remember that the only reason he's on the roster is because of his opt out clause. My guess is the Sox would much rather have preffered he stayed in Pawtucket...I can't help but think that he too in the end might have wished he'd have elevted not to exorcise his opt out clause and stayed the coasre... As for my expectations, while tonight's start is not the end all be all, it is important that he commands the baseball, a QS would be good place to begin... For all the naysayers (the OP), the kid has electric stuff and is still not in his prime.one that has a very high ceiling, if he falls short, it's not that big a deal. Certainly well worth the gamble...
    Posted by Beantowne
    Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

5 IP, 3-4 BB, 6 K ... I dunno, maybe 2-3 ER.  Basically, I think he treads a fine line between worrisome and promising.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

"for starters,  he's at least much  better looking than RANDY. then again, i think most of us can say this"----sheriff rojas

i think DAVID PRICE could give him a run for his money in the ugly race.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

It's Miller time!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

"for starters,  he's at least much  better looking than RANDY. then again, i think most of us can say this"----sheriff rojas i think DAVID PRICE could give him a run for his money in the ugly race.
    Posted by --the--yazzer

Don't forget AJ Burnett.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

BP, do we really half to look at AJ for the comparisons.  it is difficult to do.

Sections
Shortcuts