What are your expectations for Daisuke Matsuzaka in tonight's game?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Re: What are your expectations for Daisuke Matsuzaka in tonight's game?

8 innings, 2 hits, 1 ER, 6 K

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I really hope he pitches well and they win, but he is very unreliable. If he starts to melt down, the manager will not get it, until the game is lost as usual. That is what I expect to happen. Hope I'm wrong though. 

In Response to What are your expectations for Daisuke Matsuzaka in tonight's game?:
    [QUOTE]7 innings, 2 ER, another solid effort.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I heard tek was catching im gonna say 6 in 1 er

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Tek is catching. It's nearly impossible to predict how Dice-K will do. I just hope for the best. sometimes we get it, sometimes we dont.

**reminder for everyone. the bruins game is on NESN, so tonights sox game is on NESN plus.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

How can anyone have expectations for Matsuzaka?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawckinSox. Show RawckinSox's posts

6 IP 4 ER 6 Hits and 3 BBs and 4k's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dice-K will go six innings and give up two runs.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

It's going to be an interesting and telling start for Dice-K.  He was more or less quoted after his last game that he was motivated by the knowledge that he wasn't living up to expectations and letting the team down. (Why it took him so long to figure that out is way beyond me, but that's what he said).

IF he was being honest and IF he continues to use that as motivation he should have another very good outing.

If he doesn't have a good outing (let's say a "quality start") the fans and the FO will have the right to question his motivation which could be the beginning (or the middle) of the end of his tenure here.

I want to expect a good outing.  I wish I DID expect that but he's going to have to have more than one good game before I come to expect it of him. Right now I expect -and would be happy with - mediocrity.  5 IP, 3ER

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

7 innings,2 runs and comes away with the Win.That's what's most important.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I have no expectations ... zip, zed, zero.  Anything on the plus side that he gives us will be a bonus.  I'll say this, though.  If he gives us another strong outing, maybe he will quiet all the negative comments being thrown at him around here ..... nah.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Considerations:
    1.  What Beckett and Lester have been able to do with this Angels lineup the last couple of games
    2.  Tek catching like he did DiceK's last game
    3.  Sox lineup still struggling, but alot better than the first 12 games of the season (yes, what Sox do with bat will have an impact on Sox pitching)
    4.  Sox pen kind of stretched over Bard and Paps, with everyone else not really pulling their weight (Paps will not be available today, and it will be a struggle for the pen, especially with DiceK not going 7 or 8)
    5.  DiceK still painting the corners of the strike zone, having been stung by throwing those strikes to TB

Predictions:  112 pitches in 6 IP, 5H, 4 BB, 3 ER - all three runs scored by Angels in 5th inning, a typical meltdown inning for DiceK.  Bases will be loaded in 1st or 2nd, but will escape.

Safe total for Sox to win this game will be 7-9 runs, and with the way Sox have handled Santana, and how he has been pitching, that should not be difficult.

Sox wins 8-6.

Go Sox !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Pain

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Since Papelbon and Jenks are most likely shut down for tonight, our relief options are Wheeler and Bard, and one or both may have to throw two innings against the Halos.....For that reason we need the Mound Rodent (our Sawxheads name for Dice K) to be able to go six or seven strong innings, and we must not get into an extra inning game because all we have left is a done Wakefield, a declining Oki and a questionable Albers.

It would also be nice to see some of the MIA's start doing some hitting against Ervin Santana, who, though off to a very slow start, does have the ability to right his ship.  We must make certain that he doesn't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

DiceK could be good or terrible. Not any gray area.

Now, a better quetions is why hasn't Tito been going to Wakefield?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

With Jeckle and Hyde Dice K show anything is possible. Hopefully we get the good Dice K tonight. I'll take 6ip 3er as RS hopefully continue Santana's poor start and score a bunch, so we can give the key bullpen guys a rest. Not sure I want to see Oki though.

Sections
Shortcuts