What are your expectations for Lackey tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

What are your expectations for Lackey tonight?

7 innings, 3 runs

Gordon Edes/ESPN:
    "Terry Francona can sell it any way he wants—and he offered sound reasons for why he did it—but there’s no getting around that only three turns into the season, the Sox manager skipped John Lackey, who came into 2011 billed as the team’s No. 2 starter. Yes, we know that’s only a number, but teams customarily don’t skip their No. 2’s. Lackey lost a start last week to a rainout against Tampa Bay, so it will be 10 days since he last pitched when he takes the mound Tuesday night against the Athletics.

He made it clear on Monday that he wasn’t enchanted by the enforced rest.

“It’s not fun,” he said. “Early in the season I don’t think 10 days off is especially what you need to get right, but it is what it is.’’

Lackey can’t afford to show any rust, not with a 15.58 ERA after two starts. The Sox deliberately lined him up against Oakland because he has handled them better than any other opponent—he’s 17-5 with a 2.90 ERA against the Athletics—but they tried that with Josh Beckett in Cleveland and that didn’t work out. ESPN stats maven Jeremy Lundblad came up with an absolutely terrifying stat on Lackey: He has given up at least six extra-base hits in each of his first two starts, and if that happens again Tuesday night, he will be only the second pitcher in 90 years to do that three times in a row. Danny Graves did it in 2003, and he went 1-13."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: What are your expectations for Lackey tonight?

My expectations are low, because he's earned low expecations from being a marginal #4 starter. I'll be delighted with 6 innings and 4 runs for the fat man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YAZTERDAY. Show YAZTERDAY's posts

DICKENS would probably have said GREAT; but i'm not as optimistic when it comes to SLACKEY. i'll say LOW.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Pain

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: What are your expectations for Lackey tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Pain
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

This was your same prediction for Dice K.  So, I hope you are just as correct as yesterday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Based on his performance so far this season, I don't expect much from him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I expect a win.  Lackey gets a QS this eve. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I thought he was starting in Oakland because it's a 10:05 start and most Red Sox fans will be sleeping and wouldn't have to watch it.
      Just kidding.I think he'll have a decent start tonight and get the W.Let's say,6 innings 2 earned runs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

He pitches great and wonders why he ever left the west coast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Sadly, I think he's gonna get pounded.  Just hope the Sox can pound a little more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agarbari. Show agarbari's posts

Think the problem is Saltalamachia and not being a good signal caller. Atlanta does not give up good prospects, remember Andy Marte a power hitting can't miss 3rd baseman we traded Renteria for. He could not hit his weight in 6 years with 3 different teams. Atlanta never gives up a good playe prospect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I think he does his job and takes us into the 6th or 7th with a lead. our sticks are finally coming around. it's all about the run support right now fellahs. if we get our starters a couple early it just makes a world of difference to em mentally when they toe the rubber.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Same as they are for every game, 6-7 IP, 3-4 runs.  I expect that after some rough outings he'll eventually trend toward what he's always been, which is a middle of the rotation starter.  Same with Dice-K. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

IP = 6ish
    ER = 3ish
    Slack Jaw Mouth Breathing = Yes

If he hits these projections, I am slightly disgusted yet happy.  

Sox win if the bats stay hot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Win or lose, Lackey will say the ball was coming out of his hand real good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

8 IP, 2 ER.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Think the problem is Saltalamachia and not being a good signal caller. Atlanta does not give up good prospects, remember Andy Marte a power hitting can't miss 3rd baseman we traded Renteria for. He could not hit his weight in 6 years with 3 different teams. Atlanta never gives up a good playe prospect.
    Posted by agarbari[/QUOTE]

You do when your getting mark tiex......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

7 innings 4 runs 8 hits 2 BB 4 K's...1 HR

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

6 IP
    8 hits
    3 Ks
    4 BBs
    3 ERs

But Boston wins 5-4.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Heck, I'd settle for a win, even if he gives up a few.  Hopefully, our lineup will score enough to get by.  But, I'd be happy if he gave up 3 in 7 (I think that's a quality start) - if not, I'd still take it.  Starting pitching can get into a groove, like hitting, and over the past three games, our starters have done well - hopefully, Lackey can keep it up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Win or lose, Lackey will say the ball was coming out of his hand real good.
    Posted by Diamondtalk[/QUOTE]

Man you guys act the guy can't pitch and will never win another game.  Everyone struggles.  7 IP, 2 runs and RSN will still hate him.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Either 6IP 2 ER or 7IP 3ER.  Anything less than that is inexcusable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Lackey seems a bit fat.  But he has such a beautiful wife.

I guess looks do not matter.  lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Lackey seems a bit fat.  But he has such a beautiful wife. I guess looks do not matter.  lol
    Posted by Ice-Cream

Looks to not matter when you are a professional athlete.