What are your expectations for Matsuzaka tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

What are your expectations for Matsuzaka tonight?

7 innings/2 ER/7 SO;picks up his 4th win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: What are your expectations for Matsuzaka tonight?

from your lips to gods ears man! diceman will rock the house tonite. I honestly believe that he has turned a corner. I'd like him to go atleast 6 and leave with a lead.

GO SOX!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1--. Show --The--Babe--1--'s posts

I think he gets smacked around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

rocky first inning or two, then settles into Koufaxian groove.  3 earned runs, 4 hits, 5 walks when all is said and done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to What are your expectations for Matsuzaka tonight?:
    [QUOTE]7 innings/2 ER/7 SO;picks up his 4th win.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's exactly what I was going to say (aside from 7 K's, not that it isn't realistic I just think that there's too much variance there to make any sort of predictions).

The Dice man helps the pen get some much needed rest.  We could have a Wakefield sighting tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

WEEI:

Red Sox starter Daisuke Matsuzaka, who is pitching on seven days of rest, will be working with catcher Jason Varitek on Monday night against the Orioles. Matsuzaka has a 2.90 ERA in his six starts with Varitek this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Sox score big early and often thus allowing Dice to relax, throw strikes and pitch an uneventful 6-7 innings, giving up a few runs and grabbing the W.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

WEEI:

ORIOLES VS. MATSUZAKA

Nick Markakis (27 career plate appearances): .238 BA/.407 OBP/.333 SLG, 4 RBI, 2 doubles, 6 walks, 5 strikeouts

Brian Roberts (25): .450/560/.650, 5 doubles, 5 walks, 5 strikeouts

Luke Scott (20): .308/.500/.615, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 1 double, 6 walks, 3 strikeouts

Vladimir Guerrero (12): .364/.417/.364, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts

Matt Wieters (12): .545/.583/1.000, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 2 doubles, 1 walk, 1 strikeout

Cesar Izturis (9): .222/.222/.222, 2 strikeouts

Adam Jones (9): .286/.444/.286, 1 RBI, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts

Felix Pie (9): .111/.111/.222, 4 strikeouts

J.J. Hardy (3): .000/.000/.000, 2 strikeouts

Robert Andino, Jake Fox, Derrek Lee and Mark Reynolds have never faced the Boston starter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Aside from the dreary forcast, I expect the usual "human rain delay-Dice-K"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I expect pitching into the 6th inning and 4BB 4K's 7Hits 1HR and 4 or 5 ER. He can pitch better than that, but he is truly a 4th or 5th starter, so my expectations are low.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Dice-K will come through!!!!!!!!!  He's NOT gonna walk guys!  He's NOT gonna take ALL DAY to throw a pitch!  He's NOT gonna go back to his increscent "nibbling" 10 inches off the plate!  He's NOT gonna pull the "woe is me!" BS he is want to do!

Oh!!!!  I forgot.......   The guys ARE GONNA pound the ball!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Sox win 7 - 2  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: What are your expectations for Matsuzaka tonight?:
    [QUOTE]I expect pitching into the 6th inning and 4BB 4K's 7Hits 1HR and 4 or 5 ER. He can pitch better than that, but he is truly a 4th or 5th starter, so my expectations are low.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

What does that even mean: truly a 4th or 5th starter?  is that like, who's truly an ace?  You expectations being low are based on your own subjective feeling.  But the fact is that you really never know what you are going to get from Matsuzaka.  sometimes he is truly a #5 starter, sometimes worse, sometimes an ace.  He is far too inconsitent and far too talented to be 'truly' anything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

6 2/3 IP
    2 ER
    4 BB
    3 H
    6 K

And the winning lottery numbers are ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

Dice is like a box of chocolates..........
    6 innings 3ER

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

You expectations being low are based on your own subjective feeling

Expecations are de facto and de jure "subjective", Spacehead.

A #4 or #5 starter is worse than the 3 starters ahead of him.

Being obtuse is not a good character trait.

My expecations are low, as they should be for DiceK. As I said, he's capable of exceeding my expecations. Get a life, Spacehead.

I'm just glad Wakefield isn't starting. If DiceK struggles, Wakefield is ready to put on a laser show.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

5 IP
    3 ER
    3 BB
    4 H
    5 K

Sox pull out the win!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: What are your expectations for Matsuzaka tonight?:
    [QUOTE]You expectations being low are based on your own subjective feeling Expecations are de facto and de jure "subjective", Spacehead. A #4 or #5 starter is worse than the 3 starters ahead of him. Being obtuse is not a good character trait. My expecations are low, as they should be for DiceK. As I said, he's capable of exceeding my expecations. Get a life, Spacehead. I'm just glad Wakefield isn't starting. If DiceK struggles, Wakefield is ready to put on a laser show.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

I am never obtuse majorsoftgm.  That is entirely your bailiwick.  Perhaps it is just a semantic issue and not worth further debate, but I was taking issue with your description of Matsuzaka as "truly" a 4th or 5th starter.  I believe he is far too enigmatic to be characterized as such.  Even with your definition being relative to the starters ahead of him, not a more universal quality as I read into in your post (for which i apologize if i misread):  if it is relative to Lester/Buchholz/Beckett, then there is still plenty of room to have very positive expectations.  Hard to see how I gave you reason to hurl insults at me.  But, hey, everyone has there individual approach to human interaction i guess.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to What are your expectations for Matsuzaka tonight?:
    [QUOTE]7 innings/2 ER/7 SO;picks up his 4th win.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

Fear he walks the ballpark, hits a couple of batters and has a pitch count over 100 in the 5th.  But I can still hope. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Matsuzaka is the human rain delay.  It is easier to watch grass grow or paint dry that endure a pitching performance from him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I say he goes 6 innings, pitches decent giving up 3 runs on 2 hits with 4 walks.  Get's his pitch count up high and doesn't come out for the fifth.

A game that will keep Boston in it, but less than stellar and very "dice-k ish"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The scary thing Space.......

His original prediction is just as likely as mine!?!?!?

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!  I'm starting to understand him!  What's wrong with me???

:)  :)   :)

He's a bit touched, but I like having the guy on here!?!?!   Makes things interesting.  :)  :)

Then again...  I'm easily bored before a Red Sox game :)

I still say we win going away 7 - 2.......  Dice-K has a very good start :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

soxfanhugh,

6 2/3 and I'll see your 4 walks & raise you 2 hits

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I take it back......  2 WALKS MAX  :)  :)   :)   :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I was going for the "vintage good" Dice-k....but if he could somehow replicate some of his stellar performances earlier this year like the 1 hit 1 BB 7 inning game at Toronto.

there goes walk # 1

Sections
Shortcuts