What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

What are your thou...

Sorry for the 2 threads...Carnie suggested a poll.... J-Bay informed us tonight that, because of all the problems the site has been having,  BDC plans to ban all Yankee fans now that they have the software to do it.  Is this an idea long overdue for implementation or not?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose ti...

And that's me voting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose ti...

Me too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    Me too.
    Posted by antibody
    Looks like pike voted too Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Ban my dirty rotten NY azz. I will miss you guys. And what really stinks Is I will lose the music forum as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    Ban my dirty rotten NY azz. I will miss you guys. And what really stinks Is I will lose the music forum as well.
    Posted by jesseyeric
    We're not letting this go down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You got fight, for your right, to partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

You got fight, for your right, to partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jesseyeric

Tell ém Jess....I actually think a few well written letters and phone calls to the Globe, their ombudsman, and the Sports Desk would not hurt either... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Let's be honest...If enough of a fuss ismade to therightpeople, thedecision by the Globe to ban Yankee fans in the midst of a Lost Season could bea public relations disaster when the NY tabloids get a hold of it...Don't think for a minute they wouldn't cover it..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I'm not writing anyone. In Little Italy, there is an old saying, if they can't take a joke, f'm.

All joking aside - this is a Sox forum and if they feel that NY fans have disrupted the integrity of this site, then let them have at it. I never tried to make anyone like me, and I am not about to try now. I am a long haired, guitar playing, Triumph riding Sicilian Yankee fan. This is life - whatever happens, happens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Let's be honest...If enough of a fuss ismade to therightpeople, thedecision by the Globe to ban Yankee fans in the midst of a Lost Season could bea public relations disaster when the NY tabloids get a hold of it...Don't think for a minute they wouldn't cover it..
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt
    Do you have the number for the Post? Call them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I just might carnie..I just might..God knows that after starting up this thread and the accompanying poll that my BDC death warrant has been signed and sent via certified mail so I have nothing to lose...Still, what might be a clever new ID....PartyIsOverCelt????  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I just might carnie..I just might..God knows that after starting up this thread and the accompanying poll that my BDC death warrant has been signed and sent via certified mail so I have nothing to lose...Still, what might be a clever new ID....PartyIsOverCelt????  
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt
    BillRussell might work.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Hahah...I will consider that one...How about BrokenMoonbatPhone ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Hahah...I will consider that one...How about BrokenMoonbatPhone ?
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt
    And you're welcome to the headline from my thread. I bet that would play in the post.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Probably would....I am still savoring the possibilities...Butwhile people mightassumethatnobody would care abouta BDC decision to banYankee fans, I really do think it could be a public reations disaster if they go through with it especially given how toxic the Red Sox team has been this year...The national media is still looking to find dead bodies impaled by chicken bones anywhere in that Red Sox dugout, or anywhere nearby...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

From what I understand, this new process if it is indeed true, is based on an IP address ban. However it's possible to disguise IP addresses. This is somewhat akin to MLB's flawed drug policy - it's still possible to game it, just takes a bit more diligence. 

An IP address ban will NOT be enough to keep determined "Yankee fans" out. 

Another issue for me is that some of our worst current trolls, or posters I have more issues with, purport to be Red Sox fans, but either lecture other fans about how they should behave here, or mix in off-topic political diatribes, demean our players, managers, and former management with name calling, etc. 

I really haven't seen too many totally objectionable Yankee fans in here for a while. Yeah there are a few but it's nothing like the troll infestation of the Celtics forum here. The Celts forum could actually benefit from an IP ban more than this forum as some of the trolls there are too dumb to figure out an IP ban workaround. There's more low hanging fruit there. 

I felt differently when Babe was around as I felt he was insufferable but I feel the current Yankee fan posters are mostly a pretty ok bunch. 

I'm open to seeing what BDC comes up with, but in actuality the only way to really improve the discourse here would be a kind of thoughtful hands-on moderation that is too time consuming for them. Either that or some kind of screening process that requires real names and photos not unlike Faceook, which has its share of imposter problems. 

I guess we'll see...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

From what I understand, this new process if it is indeed true, is based on an IP address ban. However it's possible to disguise IP addresses. This is somewhat akin to MLB's flawed drug policy - it's still possible to game it, just takes a bit more diligence.  An IP address ban will NOT be enough to keep determined "Yankee fans" out.  Another issue for me is that some of our worst current trolls, or posters I have more issues with, purport to be Red Sox fans, but either lecture other fans about how they should behave here, or mix in off-topic political diatribes, demean our players, managers, and former management with name calling, etc.  I really haven't seen too many totally objectionable Yankee fans in here for a while. Yeah there are a few but it's nothing like the troll infestation of the Celtics forum here. The Celts forum could actually benefit from an IP ban more than this forum as some of the trolls there are too dumb to figure out an IP ban workaround. There's more low hanging fruit there.  I felt differently when Babe was around as I felt he was insufferable but I feel the current Yankee fan posters are mostly a pretty ok bunch.  I'm open to seeing what BDC comes up with, but in actuality the only way to really improve the discourse here would be a kind of thoughtful hands-on moderation that is too time consuming for them. Either that or some kind of screening process that requires real names and photos not unlike Faceook, which has its share of imposter problems.  I guess we'll see...
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Some great and salient points, spank...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Doesn't Facebook have some 83 million fake accounts? Harldy a way to determine who is realy who.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Just another way to allow power mad children to stifle the thoughts they disagree with. They have the software to do it eh? And what will be the criteria? The same fools willing to silence the voices they disagree with so readily, will cry when their own is taken one day. Though that will be little consolation to those of us with wisdom who see censorship for what it is: the last hiding place for intellectually inferior and despotic people. Can't win an argument with your words? Silence your opposition! Bah!! Jessey+Zac and others should be welcomed here with open arms, not banned because of who they are and where they live.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

How are they going to determine who are yankee fans? I hope they don't let pike and kim decide.

Why can't they just ban based on behavior?

Guys like Jesseyeric, Jete02, Zac, and NHSteven, show a lot more respect for the sox than a lot of red sox fans do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell Dent. Show Russell Dent's posts

fork em'.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think Only a few here would need it...those that keep getting banned for hate, racisim and other constant violations. make it a 3 strike policy. Must go through proper protocol. An email must be sent to the poster along with a screenshot of their violation with the written rule that was violated. 3 strikes, your out...cute huh? baseball forum, get it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If they ban people by the same process that they delete threads...

Kimsaysthis will have plenty of space to agree with herself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This is a democracy--everyone is welcome to the forums.

Sections
Shortcuts