What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose ti...

I'd like to be able to start a topic or express an opinion without being called a troll or moron because I don't have 100's of posts yet. I don't care if people agree with me but I'd rather have it explained to me why my thinking is wrong than be simply told I'm a Yankee troll idiot, etc. I don't care who a poster is really a fan of, in the real world I have spirited debates about the Sox/Yankees all the time. It doesn't result in us insulting one another.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose ti...

How about banning the poster who tried to write a macro so the INGORE BUTTON wouldn't work on him?  Took me 2 hours to write a macro to reverse the mess that individual created.  Pathetic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Would this thread even exist if the Sox were headed for the post season?  I don't think so.

This forum seems to self regulate so don't ban anyone.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come? : Perhaps legitimate Red Sox fans do not want to waste their time and energy debating someone who: Won't identify himself Is pretending to be a Sox fan and has fake concerns Is toying with you for his personal pleasure Is not being sincere honest, or truthful Enjoys trolling and inflaming others Surely how you waste your time is your business But first you need to become aware they the troll wants to waste your time And get a reaction from you and laugh about it. He wins at your expense You lose The forum is loaded with such types.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Sounds a lot like you, pike.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come? : Perhaps legitimate Red Sox fans do not want to waste their time and energy debating someone who: Won't identify himself Is pretending to be a Sox fan and has fake concerns Is toying with you for his personal pleasure Is not being sincere honest, or truthful Enjoys trolling and inflaming others Surely how you waste your time is your business But first you need to become aware they the troll wants to waste your time And get a reaction from you and laugh about it. He wins at your expense You lose The forum is loaded with such types.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

So how do you avoid being considered a troll? I've been a Red Sox fan since I started following baseball in the early 90's. Things are not looking good right now and I'm legitimately concerned. I come to a Red Sox message board to talk about the Red Sox. I'm not sure how that's considered a troll.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

True burrito T....It will be interesting to see what changes they make...I just hope people vote and at least let their voice be heard...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The results as of now:

Poll Results: 36 Total Votes

Do you support the BDC plan to ban all Yankee fans from the Red Sox forum

3 Votes (8.3%)
    Yes, It will clean up this site and finally allow Red Sox fans to enjoy it without all the harassment and drama.
    1 Vote (2.8%)
    Just ban disruptive Yankee fans, but let the respectful ones stay.
    18 Votes (50.0%)
    Ban any and all individuals who are disruptive or abusive, but based on behavior and not the team they root for.
    14 Votes (38.9%)
    The site should just be left alone. We are adults and can deal with it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]The results as of now: Poll Results: 36 Total Votes Do you support the BDC plan to ban all Yankee fans from the Red Sox forum 3 Votes (8.3%) Yes, It will clean up this site and finally allow Red Sox fans to enjoy it without all the harassment and drama. 1 Vote (2.8%) Just ban disruptive Yankee fans, but let the respectful ones stay. 18 Votes (50.0%) Ban any and all individuals who are disruptive or abusive, but based on behavior and not the team they root for. 14 Votes (38.9%) The site should just be left alone. We are adults and can deal with it.
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

I'm sure BDC was holding their breath, GPC. if they wanted a poll, they would have done it themseves, but I'm sure they appreciate it 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come? : I'm sure BDC was holding their breath, GPC. if they wanted a poll, they would have done it themseves, but I'm sure they appreciate it 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Thanks...I appreciate that J-Bay...I realize BDC is running a business after all, and that they are going to do what they feel they need to do....Still, getting a handle on the mood among posters in here cannot hurt as they move ahead with those plans..That is why I tried to word the poll in as non-biased a fashion as possible, whatever my own feelings might be...And I think the results are failry definitive so far....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Kudos to all the Sox game that don't want the Yankee fans gone, the mixture of the two has helped to make this the best forum around for many years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell Dent. Show Russell Dent's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?": Pike alias
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

Not this one.  Die hard Yankee fan working in Boston for 35 years.

First Yankee/RS game was Oct. 78.

Been banned a couple of times, hence the low count total.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

In Response to What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for the 2 threads...Carnie suggested a poll.... J-Bay informed us tonight that, because of all the problems the site has been having,  BDC plans to ban all Yankee fans now that they have the software to do it.  Is this an idea long overdue for implementation or not?  

Are not options three and four the same?  Are not the moderators suppose to ban abusive or disruptive fans?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Its absurd to ban someone because they root for the opposition. I say ban anyone for poor behavior, and only after warnings and a temporary ban. I hope this does not come to pass. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Its absurd to ban someone because they root for the opposition. I say ban anyone for poor behavior, and only after warnings and a temporary ban. I hope this does not come to pass. 
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Won't happen, pumpsie. BDC does not have the personnel for it, which is why they out source to a moderating company. They would need a site moderator for not only this forum, but all of them. Too many posters and sites to do it. Don't know about the other forums, but they've lost a lot of posters here, which I assume has cut into the ad revenue, which is their bottom line. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I havent seen that many Yank fans on this board this year.  Why would they be here...Sox aren't even in the Yankee thoughts this year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

personnel.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

It is not about banning Yankee fans, it is about banning trouble making trolls.   Who cares what team you support, if you cause trouble, you should go.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for the 2 threads...Carnie suggested a poll.... J-Bay informed us tonight that, because of all the problems the site has been having,  BDC plans to ban all Yankee fans now that they have the software to do it.  Is this an idea long overdue for implementation or not?  

For me it's not about who folks outside of Sox Land root for, it's about how they converse with others on this site in any sports forum. Get rid of the trolls and keep the worthy fans no matter who they root for, Yankees, Brewers, Baltimore, etc.

Wonder if the BDC group can do the same for the Celtics forum and rid ourselves of idiotic Faker fans, not the real Laker fans. 

Hetch

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come? : Wonder if the BDC group can do the same for the Celtics and rid ourselves of idiotic Faker fans, not the real Laker fans.  Hetch
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

yeah the Celtics forum has been horrible as of late.  Tons of trolls there.

Sections
Shortcuts