What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose ti...

In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come? : yeah the Celtics forum has been horrible as of late.  Tons of trolls there.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I know and they are the most obnoxious. 

Cheers, 
    Hetch

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose ti...

" Don't know about the other forums, but they've lost a lot of posters here, which I assume has cut into the ad revenue, which is their bottom line. "

Again I seriously doubt the proposed fix will clean up the forum and even if it does, I doubt they get the traffic back if indeed they have lost it. And again, some of our most frustrating posters claim to be Sox fans and the forum will remain frustrating if they are allowed to stay.  

When you lose traffic you don't tend to get it back, if they are indeed doing something it is too little, too late. Long ago the tone in this forum was established as a free for all. It suits me for the most part, doesn't suit others.

I am ok with this forum the way it is, though I could live without Pike continually lecturing other Red Sox fans about his rigid definition of what constitutes a fan. He admitted on another thread that he is a very repressed individual who is very disappointed in our team. I thought that was enlightening as to why he freaks out so much when others vent about the team in ways he wishes he could give himself permission to do.

"Never went to the Celtics Forum. There are enough trolls here."

Pike you should check it out, I think you might like it there. In the Celts forum there are some very obvoius fake Celts fans/Sockpuppets that you could monitor and confront, rather than spend your time here making baseless accusations towards real Sox fans because how they express themselves makes you uncomfortable.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This is BDC's forum and they can and will do as they wish.  Instead of *itching, I'm going to thank them for providing me these great forums (Sox, Patriots and Music) which I've been posting too for 5 years and reading for 7.

THANK YOU!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come? :  Nice job Jbay and Kim..... When all the objectional posters are gone, you can hump each others legs and wax philosophically about the Sox. How nice it was to see Ellsury float to that flyball and how the Sox don't cover steroid users like the Yanks do Jeter....
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Here we go, a Yankee fan taking a shot at Red Sox Fans on a Red Sox Forum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come? :  Nice job Jbay and Kim..... When all the objectional posters are gone, you can hump each others legs and wax philosophically about the Sox. How nice it was to see Ellsury float to that flyball and how the Sox don't cover steroid users like the Yanks do Jeter....
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Volunteering to be the poster child for those who want yankee fans banned?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think that it should be only banning the ones who are there to stir up trouble. It looks like a lot of the Yankee fans are civil here. The Patriots forum has had a few that disrupt the whole forum. They just banned a guy who caused most of it and it's like night and day over there. Much better. 

I don't know how they can really tell for sure though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come? : Here we go, a Yankee fan taking a shot at Red Sox Fans on a Red Sox Forum.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

LaughingLOLLaughingLOLLaughingLOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Never went to the Celtics Forum. There are enough trolls here.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

...and you're at least.. AT LEAST... half a dozen of 'em.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

What about Rangers fans?  I am surrounded by them here near Dallas, but they are harmless with baseball, just finding ways to kill time before the Cowboys.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]What about Rangers fans?  I am surrounded by them here near Dallas, but they are harmless with baseball, just finding ways to kill time before the Cowboys.....
    Posted by rickerd2[/QUOTE]
    Really..I pictured Rangers fans now as more serious baseball fans, and not just Cowboy fans killing time...So that is interesting observation....Well, if you are right, may they never win a WS!!....They can just wait until the Cowboys make it back to the Super Bowl...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

More votes have come in and the trend sems to be consistent....Only problem here is you cannot prevent people with multiple ID's from voting multiple times so that could skew the results some....Nonetheless, the voting so far has been fairly definitive and is self-explanatory.

Poll Results: 61 Total Votes

Do you support the BDC plan to ban all Yankee fans from the Red Sox forum

9 Votes (14.8%)Yes, It will clean up this site and finally allow Red Sox fans to enjoy it without all the harassment and drama.
    3 Votes (4.9%)Just ban disruptive Yankee fans, but let the respectful ones stay.
    28 Votes (45.9%)Ban any and all individuals who are disruptive or abusive, but based on behavior and not the team they root for.
    21 Votes (34.4%)The site should just be left alone. We are adults and can deal with it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:;

Sorry for the 2 threads...Carnie suggested a poll.... J-Bay informed us tonight that, because of all the problems the site has been having,  BDC plans to ban all Yankee fans now that they have the software to do it.  Is this an idea long overdue for implementation or not?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

Sorry for the 2 threads...Carnie suggested a poll.... J-Bay informed us tonight that, because of all the problems the site has been having,  BDC plans to ban all Yankee fans now that they have the software to do it.  Is this an idea long overdue for implementation or not?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts