What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose ti...

In response to "Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?": [QUOTE]fork em'. Posted by Russell Dent[/QUOTE] Pike alias

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose ti...

We need Yankee fans on the board to serve as a buffer between Sox fans and pike. We know once the Yankee fans go he will target the Sox fan without fail. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Did Joe Biden start this rumor?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The problem with this site is not Yankee fans; it is abusive fans, but I am never for any form of censorship, unless it is threatening.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

This has to be totally false information, there is no way to differentiate who is a yankee fan and who isn't, surely not by IP, like Sox fans, fans come from every state.
    as far as abusive bans, i doubt that will happen as well, maybe a brief suspension for personal attacks or what have you, but opinions like Aholes, everyone will always have one and that is what makes this country free.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallyac. Show wallyac's posts

What is this MSNBC one view and one view only.  I think sox fans are far more mean towards sox players than fans of other teams.  I am a life long sox fan, and have seen teams in the 50's early 60's that make this team look like world beaters. Let everyone say their  piece.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

What makes NY fans any worse than some RS fans?

BTW if you ban abusive posters you have to define abusive?
    Abusive to me is different from you.
    I think posting 10 times to your own OP before anyone else is abusive.Surprised

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    [QUOTE]How are they going to determine who are yankee fans? I hope they don't let pike and kim decide. Why can't they just ban based on behavior? Guys like Jesseyeric, Jete02, Zac, and NHSteven, show a lot more respect for the sox than a lot of red sox fans do.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

You are right.  I thought they were just banning posters that are originally banned and return under another screenname.  I read this will be determined by the IP address.  They can't just ban any poster of another team.  Many posters of other teams are very knowledgeable and definitely not insulting. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

An idiotic idea. I also can't imagine that it's true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I think the whole idea is ridiculous.  Banning somebody just because he/she is a Yankee fan?  OK, being a Yankee fan is a huge character flaw, but still.  ;-)

I do think that these boards need to be better moderated, but only to control things such as personal attacks/harrassment and thread bumping, not to ban anyone with a differing opinion or team affiliation. Personally, I don't see how that could be done anyway, and I don't see it happening.

I like Southpaw's 3 strikes you're out policy.  A warning for the first offense, a temporary ban (maybe 2 months) for the 2nd offense, then a permanent ban for the 3rd offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for the 2 threads...Carnie suggested a poll.... J-Bay informed us tonight that, because of all the problems the site has been having,  BDC plans to ban all Yankee fans now that they have the software to do it.  Is this an idea long overdue for implementation or not?  
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

how did I know when I signed on this morning you would have this, GPC...not your place,  your decision carnies or mine. I was told BDC is buiding a sox only site and accounts would finally be able to be perm banned. to me sox only means just that. banned account means anyone disrupting the site, sox fans included, I would think. its already in development, which is why the forums went down several weeks ago. the decision has been made. a poll wont change it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come?:
    [QUOTE]How are they going to determine who are yankee fans? I hope they don't let pike and kim decide. Why can't they just ban based on behavior? Guys like Jesseyeric, Jete02, Zac, and NHSteven, show a lot more respect for the sox than a lot of red sox fans do.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

yes I believe thats what it will be, anyone disrupting the forum the IP address will banned. dont know who will determine that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]An idiotic idea. I also can't imagine that it's true.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

really, Lloyd?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come? : yes I believe thats what it will be, anyone disrupting the forum the IP address will banned. dont know who will determine that
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

And what exactly will constitute disruption? Disagreeing with pike, kimsaysthis, 2004idiots, Bill806, you?

Sounds like death if you ask me. But then no one is asking me. Or anyone else apparently.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I started at least two threads this year that were very well thought out and talked about certain things I saw as bad for the board. I did not call people names or even name names... and each thread was set up as a poll to gauge others opinions. Both threads were deleted within an hour of their incarnation.

How does the BDC know what we think or want if they don't open dialogue with us and kill off those of us who speak out?

Sounds like the Private Group Part II to me.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I started at least two threads this year that were very well thought out and talked about certain things I saw as bad for the board. I did not call people names or even name names... and each thread was set up as a poll to gauge others opinions. Both threads were deleted within an hour of their incarnation. How does the BDC know what we think or want if they don't open dialogue with us and kill off those of us who speak out? Sounds like the Private Group Part II to me.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

I think its the thread bumping, the impostors and multiple screen names thats more of the issue, B. Sox site only is being developed and perm IP banning is all I was told. maybe two separate sites, so those who want it can talk sox with sox fans, without the nyy posters. another for those who want it the way it. it's probably the disruption, more than the nyy posters. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Pretty stupid if you ask me.  There are folks in here that are just idjits, but because they are RS fans, that's fine?  I voted for ban the disruptive posters, but I could easily have chosen to ban no one.

WE HAVE AN IGNORE FUNCTION.

Besides, if I need an objective opinion about the RS, I have to ask an EE fan.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

This is for real? I thought it was a joke?

I don't mind the Yankee fans who want to have logical discussions about baseball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]I started at least two threads this year that were very well thought out and talked about certain things I saw as bad for the board. I did not call people names or even name names... and each thread was set up as a poll to gauge others opinions. Both threads were deleted within an hour of their incarnation. How does the BDC know what we think or want if they don't open dialogue with us and kill off those of us who speak out? Sounds like the Private Group Part II to me.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

I remember one or those posts because I was posting on it when it was deleted. Yes, it does sound like the private forum. Remind me again, how well did that work out?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes antibody .... that is right.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your thoughts on the planned Red Sox BDC forum that will permanently ban all Yankee fans? Is it an idea whose time has come? : And what exactly will constitute disruption? Disagreeing with pike, kimsaysthis, 2004idiots, Bill806, you? Sounds like death if you ask me. But then no one is asking me. Or anyone else apparently.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

How about it?
    Do you have an answer to this J-BAY?