What Boston now deserves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

What Boston now deserves

I have been saying this for a few years now and really believe the SOX fans of Boston deserve a new and comfortable ball park. Lets start by rebuilding this team next year but it would be great to see a new Fenway Park built over the next 4-5 years. A lot of money has been invested over the last 5-7 years but lets face facts, we need 8-10k more seats. Look at ball parks like the new Tiger Stadium, St. Louis and of course Camden Yards although a small park. Boston deserves a new modern comfortable stadium. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: What Boston now deserves

Pedro would agree with you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Not in this lifetime.    John Henry gets some sweet tax breaks from the City of Boston to keep things just as they are.   They'll be fresh coats of green paint most years and more seats added wherever possible to squeeze fans in as tight as possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

In Response to Re: What Boston now deserves:
    [QUOTE]Not in this lifetime.    John Henry gets some sweet tax breaks from the City of Boston to keep things just as they are.   They'll be fresh coats of green paint most years and more seats added wherever possible to squeeze fans in as tight as possible.
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]

Just as a point of information, I believe Fenway is on the brink of being declared an official historical landmark.  That will limit (curtail) any further significant structural changes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

[QUOTE]Not in this lifetime.    John Henry gets some sweet tax breaks from the City of Boston to keep things just as they are.   They'll be fresh coats of green paint most years and more seats added wherever possible to squeeze fans in as tight as possible.
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]

OnDeckCircle- Thats honestly exactly what is wrong with this city.. I love Fenway Park dont get me wrong but we need a new ball park.. it will be a sad day but the place needs to be torn down. Maybe in 5-10 years but we need and deserve a modern day ball park. They have done a great job in Loge and Field Box but the rest of the place is just an uncomfortable place.. Most importantly we need much more seating for more fans to watch baseball.. you cant squeeze another seat in the place. Lastly, the consession stands are horrible. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The Red Sox don't deserve the type of fans that have frequented this forum this season. You folks don't deserve a successful team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

I completely agree with you. In fact, Utica, take a look at my post titled "From a fan's perspective". I look forward to you comments

[QUOTE]The Red Sox don't deserve the type of fans that have frequented this forum this season. You folks don't deserve a successful team.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I actually was on board with the Harrington plan where they'd build a new Fenway across the street and keep some remnants of the old park in place.

I love Fenway and have mixed feelings on the subject. On the one hand, I'd hate to see the park go, but on the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing a new modern park.

My conditions for a new park are:

Keep in the same part of the city like the Yankees did.

Keep the  inside dimensions the same with the Green monster, bullpen, Pesky pole, etc.

Keep the outside brick facade the same.

The problem with getting a new park, however, has nothing to do with Henry and the ownership group. The problem is Boston's big city politics and all the hoops -- some legal, some corrupt -- that the team would need to jump through.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

royf19 I would like to see a mini-Monster. Basically cut the wall down in height by half and push it back an inch for an inch. It would still be fairly unique (I think) and less of a problem, because lets face it it is sort of a detriment to the offense as much as a plus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FastEddie50. Show FastEddie50's posts

Best Thing Ever

What Boston now deserves is another 86 year drought.
    Only that will get the so-called "nation" back to where they belong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Boston now deserves : OnDeckCircle- Thats honestly exactly what is wrong with this city.. I love Fenway Park dont get me wrong but we need a new ball park.. it will be a sad day but the place needs to be torn down. Maybe in 5-10 years but we need and deserve a modern day ball park. They have done a great job in Loge and Field Box but the rest of the place is just an uncomfortable place.. Most importantly we need much more seating for more fans to watch baseball.. you cant squeeze another seat in the place. Lastly, the consession stands are horrible. 
    Posted by soxman16[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree that we need a new ball park in Boston.  How would this be accomplished?  It wouldn't be good if they had to move a new park out of the city of Boston.  Where would they find the space for this?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"TRANSFORMING"  !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts