what bothers you about mlb?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: what bothers you about mlb?

No Cheerleaders  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Players playing hurt, not telling anyone and stinking up the joint while they hurt the team.

ADG, sorry but I have to say I think it's a bit crazy to write that.  You are not wrong; you are 100% correct IMO to believe that is a mistake by players that do such a thing.  But I see that as a good-hearted mistake in most/all cases.  Often career-ruining or -damaging to do it.  Look at Lackey in 2011...elbow shattered, must have been in agony....historically bad performance, must have been humiliating to go out there and be terrible, taking so much abuse from so many.  It was like Butch Hobson.  I admire Hobson and Lackey for trying to gut it out....it's their managers I blame for allowing it to happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Different rules NL vs AL. If they keep the different rules interleague play should stop.

One AL vs NL NO DIVISIONS or at a minimum and East West and make it a real East West

Playoff structure too many first place teams have the 4th or 5th best record and this year you could have an ALE team not in the playoffs with a better record than a first place team.

Baseball should not be played before April 15th and after Sept 30th,especially above the Mason Dixon line. Make schedule 154 games 11 each against the other 14 and play Day & night dblhdr games every Sat. There 137 days from Apr 15 to Aug 31 Playing D/N on 20 Sat is 40 games leaves 114 for the 117 days left. Playoffs happen in September. Top 4 teams play first week, top two second week WS the last two weeks.

More replay with an umpire or two in the TV box watching all replays. Generaslly by the time the next pitch is throw we have seen 5 angles twice on a play. It is not football where they can line up and quick pitch. Publish stats on umpires we all know what the players numbers are why not umps.

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Anyone caught cheating at this point and time should be banned for a year. There is NO excuse for cheating now or ever for that matter.

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year

Playing baseball thru the end of October would be like playing hockey into the end of June. Oh, wait.

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

ump accountability. Dont seem interested in getting the call right.....Dying to toss players/mgrs these days

MLBPA protects garbage pail kids sosa bonds and macguire in 90's now MLB protecting the boys in blue. Ugh.

Suspension for helmet slamming. Sick of it.

ending threads since '07

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:

what bugs me is that managers and coaches wear a uniform.why?

during ww2 these guys were player managers so they had to uni up

and be ready.they should wear slacks and a polo shirt with the teams hat

and jacket.you never saw connie mack wear a uniform.just picture don

zimmer in a uni and you will agree with me.

My dad used to complain about this in the EXACT same way the whole time I was growing up in the '60s. Thanks for the memories. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

What bothers me about mlb?

Whiny, entitled fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Oh, and my other pet peeve - a pitcher's fielding error not counting toward an earned run.  That one makes no sense at all.  Kind of like the Electoral College in a modern day election (Please, hold your fire, politicos.  I'm making a general point and not taking a partisan position. )  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

The fact that despite living in New England I cannot get the New England Sports Network because MLB decided where I live belongs to the Yankees and Mets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

what bothers me about mlb

is that they continually

give both the sox & yanks the same day off

jc ! if I can't watch the sox lose at least

let me watch the yanks win

Defensive Indifference

seems like I see it more and more these days

even though I can't remember it backfiring

I just don't like  giving bases away

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

2004Idio Came Back This Year And Took Over The Game Threads.......Just Kidding, Good Job 2004.....Smile................

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:

what bugs me is that managers and coaches wear a uniform.why?

during ww2 these guys were player managers so they had to uni up

and be ready.they should wear slacks and a polo shirt with the teams hat

and jacket.you never saw connie mack wear a uniform.just picture don

zimmer in a uni and you will agree with me.

What bothers me is not so much MLB ... More so the fans who never played . coached , managed, or did nothing at all in the pro level. They seem to have all the answers all the moves has to why teams should do this or do that and they really think they know !!! We can all wonder or judge certain parts of the game but we really have no clue .... Thats a fact. I said ( we ) including myself . We often wonder why but being on field and doing it is a different ballgame After the fact we all have all the right moves.....  Guess it's good conversation......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

the ALE standings...YellTongue Out

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

3 1/2-4 hour games.  Hey umps, you were told to speed up the game. DO YOUR JOB!

These morons playing with their batting gloves between EVERY pitch makes me want to pound the SNOT out of them!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

those azz-backwards blackout rules...YellYell

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I wish Houston was in the AL East so that the Red Sox can go 19-0 against them.   LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Ha ha'!!!!

" I just want to watch all Red Sox games on my tablet"

Years ago I had a TV about the size of a tablet and couldn't wait for bigger and bigger screens to watch the action.  Now people want to watch on a 8" screen again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Like many others here I don't like batters stepping out of the batter's box after every pitch.  I have a tape of the second to the last game of the 1967 regular season.  I just happened to be there with my family!

It is such a joy to watch.  The batters stand in the box and swing at the ball then leave when they get a hit or make an out.  So nice.

Sections
Shortcuts